• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thank you Neogaf, Microsoft, Capcom and Square

For saving this utter fake E3 show.

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
Resident Evil Village DLC
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Rebirth

Oh and thanks Xbox for the amazing Diablo 4 showing and Starfield.

Thanks EviLore EviLore for this awesome forum and the times. And hugs and kisses to my ignored members. I love you too. Gaming is in a good place now and I am a happy gamer. Cheers.

Topher

Gold Member
You Are Welcome Barack Obama GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Saber

Gold Member
Not a snarky console wars type of comment? I felt like this place is swarmed with this.

Anyway, yeah Gaf still a good place to find games of all types.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
Final Fantasy 16

Thanks EviLore EviLore for this awesome forum and the times. And hugs and kisses to my ignored members. I love you too. Gaming is in a good place now and I am a happy gamer. Cheers.
Wait my Sarcas-o-meter is malfunctioning. It reads "does not compute".

Celcius

°Temp. member
Yeah even though there wasn't a single big E3 event there were still a lot of great announcements and trailers. I'm glad that all of the companies still do announcements and showcases around the same time each year to keep the spirit of E3 going.

T0minator

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
Final Fantasy 16

Crazy how the PS5 is the only place to play all those..except Starfield. I still feel PS5 +PC is the way to go this gen

Last edited:

fermcr

The games I'm most interested from this fake E3 are Starfield, Forza, Hollow Knight Silksong, Atomic Heart, Diablo, The Callisto Protocol...
I occasionally play a Final Fantasy game, but not really a big fan.

At the end of the week, it was a decent/good fake E3.

b26031f3fdddf9355cc579bad14fc3ff.jpg

Last edited:
I struggle with Resident Evil and it's lore and storyline.

Maybe someone can point me to a better thread than this one to talk about it but I just can't wrap my head around how this world functions.

It seems like every 5 years or so there's a zombie outbreak. Imagine living in a world where every 5 years or so there is this big outbreak of zombie stuff.

I also don't get the origin of zombies. It seems like every game has a different origin.

In the most recent example....

the zombie outbreak is created by some kind of giant mold or root that pretty much devours your soul and stores it. They just keep getting weirder and weirder but is this the source of all zombie outbreaks or just one of many because it seems like it's the latter? Does all this stuff originate from outer space or another dimension or is it just something more natural that's existed on Earth for all this time? I don't know but the most recent example actually shows that the thing basically consumes your consciousness. Gee willikers I just cannot keep up with what's going on in this series. Nothing makes sense.

By the way I realize it may be inappropriate to talk about story lines and lore in the thread but if someone can point me to a good Resident Evil thread that would match what I'm talking about I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Maybe someone can point me to a better thread than this one to talk about it but I just can't wrap my head around how this world functions.

It seems like every 5 years or so there's a zombie outbreak. Imagine living in a world where every 5 years or so there is this big outbreak of zombie stuff.

I also don't get the origin of zombies. It seems like every game has a different origin.

the zombie outbreak is created by some kind of giant mold or root that pretty much devours your soul and stores it. They just keep getting weirder and weirder but is this the source of all zombie outbreaks or just one of many because it seems like it's the latter?
RE stories are never really super serious or meant to be groundbreaking. It's a typical B Movie action plot and just enjoy it for what it is. It's meant to be ridiculous.

Last edited:
RE stories are never really super serious or meant to be groundbreaking. It's a typical B Movie action plot and just enjoy it for what it is. It's meant to be ridiculous.
See I don't like that excuse nowadays. These aren't Atari 2600 games anymore. A lot of these games rely heavily on storyline and lore so I expect something to make at least some kind of sense.

By the way, that's no attack on you of course. I'm just saying it's no excuse for the gaming industry.

See I don't like that excuse nowadays. These aren't Atari 2600 games anymore. A lot of these games rely heavily on storyline and lore so I expect something to make at least some kind of sense.

By the way, that's no attack on you of course. I'm just saying it's no excuse for the gaming industry.
But it's the tradition of the series though, they've been like that since day 1. They've always been like that. RE7 and 8 actually do have some good twists (imo) and fun to follow along. Better than 6 or 5, those were the worst.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I was genuinely surprised by the stuff today, pleasant surprises all around. I know we said it last year about this year, but man, next year is lookin' real, real good.

But it's the tradition of the series though, they've been like that since day 1. They've always been like that. RE7 and 8 actually do have some good twists (imo) and fun to follow along. Better than 6 or 5, those were the worst.
I know but the first one was really goofy to begin with and this was a still a time where games were taken too seriously.

We're in 2022 where story really matters in lore matters.

I heard that the remake for Resident Evil 4 is supposed to tie into Resident Evil Village. So at least they're showing they do care about continuity now and the background lore.

I'm very weird but I'm a big lore buff when it comes to gaming. It's one of the reasons I love Warhammer 40,000 and the Trails games for example.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Crazy how the PS5 is the only place to play all those..except Starfield.
eE0on5Z.jpg

Resident Evil 4 Remake - Multiplatform.
Dragons Dogma 2 - RE Engine so likely Multi.
Street Fighter 6 - Multiplatform.
Resident Evil Village DLC - Multiplatform.
Final Fantasy 16 - PS5(for now).
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Rebirth - PS5(for now).
Diablo 4 - Multiplatform.
Starfield - Multiplatform.

Bragr

Banned

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
Final Fantasy 16

I guess it's now considered a positive to remake the same old shit over and over. We are in such a lousy state.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Resident Evil 4 Remake
Dragons Dogma 2
Street Fighter 6
Final Fantasy 16

Dragon's Dogma 2 alone was better than the Xbox Showcase (minus Persona)

I know but the first one was really goofy to begin with and this was a still a time where games were taken too seriously.

We're in 2022 where story really matters in lore matters.

I heard that the remake for Resident Evil 4 is supposed to tie into Resident Evil Village. So at least they're showing they do care about continuity now and the background lore.

I'm very weird but I'm a big lore buff when it comes to gaming. It's one of the reasons I love Warhammer 40,000 and the Trails games for example.
If you are a big lore buff then I suggest games like Final Fantasy (although they can get convoluted at times) mass effect, tlou etc...

Just because we're in 2022 doesn't really mean lore and storyline is everything man. Some games are just made to be played and have fun.

I love fortnite, it has some lore moments but it's nothing grand and just a fun pvp game.

Lore in RE is good enough for me.

laynelane

the zombie outbreak is created by some kind of giant mold or root that pretty much devours your soul and stores it. They just keep getting weirder and weirder but is this the source of all zombie outbreaks or just one of many because it seems like it's the latter? Does all this stuff originate from outer space or another dimension or is it just something more natural that's existed on Earth for all this time? I don't know but the most recent example actually shows that the thing basically consumes your consciousness. Gee willikers I just cannot keep up with what's going on in this series. Nothing makes sense.

By the way I realize it may be inappropriate to talk about story lines and lore in the thread but if someone can point me to a good Resident Evil thread that would match what I'm talking about I would appreciate it.

Your best bet might be to check out the RE wiki.

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_Wiki

If you're not averse to a lot of reading, they do a pretty good job of summing everything up.

Top Bottom