• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thank you gaffers, for making me part of this awesome family

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhaseJump

Banned
Sorry for your conditions but I burst out laughing when I read about the windows updates.

joker-dance.gif

Unlike some people who out in flames with a permaban, seems like the OP preferred doing it in a more low key way. No doubt he was pissed. I think the guy was banned many times before for baiting or spamming threads.

Mix of things. Sometimes it was console warring but mostly it was spamming threads. I guess the mods got tired off all the low effort threads which resulted in his last ban.

I mean who cares if Nintendo can’t use the word Australia?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Mix of things. Sometimes it was console warring but mostly it was spamming threads. I guess the mods got tired off all the low effort threads which resulted in his last ban.

I mean who cares if Nintendo can’t use the word Australia?
Wait what ?I think there's a thread I missed there, what's the story?

sircaw

Banned
My time here has been fun. Engaging with new people, and learning new stuff, which I didn't know before.
I had good times and bad times, but nevertheless, they were important memories, in making me who I am now.

Recently, I had an issue, where I was unable to reignite, the flame, which fuels my desire for gaming. In order to find that flame, I took a vacation. Despite that, I was unable to discover that flame.

Instead, I was unable to pick a console, or click the games, that were a few inches aways from my mouse. There was no desire, or urge to play a video game. It seems that, the flame inside me, has died out. There was no desire or will to play any video game.

It hurts to say those words, because I was very excited to play video games before. But now, it seems that I don't have desire for a hobby which I used to enjoy before.

My time here was beautiful, and I would not forget for those time.

I am here to say thank you, for the wonderful adventures we had together.

This would be my last post, and my last activity with this website.

Thank you for being part of my memory.

myrna loy oscars 1991 GIF
Best of luck m8, but just tell the god damn truth, your flame has not burnt out, you have subbed to Sonys subscription service and have found so many awesome games to play.

That's the real reason your leaving "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

kyussman

Do you have to be actively playing video games to post here.....fuck,I had no idea......I haven't booted a game in over a year now,but still like to keep up with what's going on.People are so dramatic,lol.

nush

Gold Member
Feels bad to say it, but you won't be missed, kingfey.

Yours was a particularly bizarre stint on the forums. You seemed to make endless threads on topics trying to drum up false drama and outrage over nothingburgers.

Maybe the reason you lost your desire to play videogames was that you spend too much time scouring the web and posting threads on the forums designed specifically to stoke the fires of the platform wars.

Maybe you should have logged off the forum for a bit and actually played some games.

I get the sense that a lot of the most bitter posters on this forum are so miserable because they don't actually play games, but rather spend all their time bitching and whining and warring over the industry and its accompanying antics.

Folks like this, just need to log off. Boot up their PS4/PC and play a few hours of Hatoful Boyfriend. That'll fix em right up.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
True, his "vacation" from GAF was a ban because he refused to stop posting like a VGC spambot.
He did actually take a 'vacation'. It was a requested ban before the last imposed one. He said his time-off would also help him focus on exams and observe Ramadan.

I never imagined myself discussing Kingfey lore on Gaf, but here we are.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why do people do this? Just stop posting, no-one cares.

Weird behaviour…
Yeah I'm not getting point of announcing to everyone you no longer posting......just stop posting?

Also why would you want your account to be banned exactly? Maybe you might comeback, there is no downside keeping your account or maybe I'm missing something here.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
I feel exactly the same right now, but I figured out it always happens around late spring-summer, I just want to spend that period outside on activities other than gaming, but it always comes back as soon as autumn kicks in. So maybe it'll come back to you soon again.

Reactions: TLZ

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeah I'm not getting point of announcing to everyone you no longer posting......just stop posting?

Also why would you want your account to be banned exactly? Maybe you might comeback, there is no downside keeping your account or maybe I'm missing something here.
The point is they want attention. And going out in flames is their way in life giving a big FU as if the site will suddenly sink like a ship without their presence.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
can you be banned and still post threads?!

On topic:
Videogaaims are such time consuming and demanding in a cognitive and physical way.

This is way I only play like 1-3 games a year.

Markio128

If anyone is old enough to recall Sensible Software’s Cannon Fodder, do you remember when it showed all those who had been lost in battle at the end of each game? Maybe we should have a memorial wall for all those who have left Gaf?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The point is they want attention.
OP said he lost passion towards gaming, then why would he want attention in gaming forum? It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I mean no offence to anyone and I'm enjoying my time in GAF but..........it just a gaming forum, nothing more and nothing less. If I lose desire to post here then I just stop posting and move on.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Jokes aside I'm slightly saddened seeing people banned and people making account suicide threads. I enjoy this place and without characters bouncing around it's kind of feels empty some times.

Dyg1J1o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom