• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2020 | Cyberpunk 2077 Compilation of the latest footage and screenshots

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
vlcsnap-2018-07-10-10h31m40s321_1532599529.png

New 4k screenshots:

Ei6LLo-XYAEFXy2
Ei6LO3wXkAEqW-G
Ei6J0z6XgAAt4Wz
Ei6J4n2WsAEXhuo

Ei6KLD7X0AUh1Hj
Ei6LSVWXYAAHWgd
2d1aae010b032a4f5e23dc9ef5199fa6.jpg
01t55sst3hp51.jpg

Ei_QQyuWoAAB1Jd
Eiw4a5qXkAAYqvJ

New footage from TGS:

Some in-game ads:

1con002axcp51.jpg
f6n63l9dtdp51.jpg

byfezg337wp51.jpg
1pqrkndlvjp51.jpg

New infos from Brazil preview:

How is the katana gameplay? I want to finish the game without using firearms.
Dude, it was absolutely amazing. There is weak attack, if you hold the mouse button you will do a strong attack, there is block, parry and the perfect parry. Also, if you start running, V sheath's the katana and you can do a special attack.

When you call your car, does it simply spawn in a random location or does it come driving?

She comes in the streets, stopping in the nearby road.

One thing that I am worried is that, the game is in first person but we can customize V, so can we see our character often?
Yes, the first person camera was the perfect choice for this game, you are always seeing yourself in the animations, in the menu and in the mirrors.

What is your thought on the gameplay? And what about the skill tree?
The gameplay is very polished, you have around 4 or 5 skill trees for each attribute (Body, reflex, cool, intelligence and technical).

Can you avoid combat and instead talk with people?
In one of the missions, if I had enough money no one would die, but I was early on and I didn't have enough status or money, but if I had more status there would be more dialog options, and then I could do it without any deaths.

How was the NPC distribution in the map and in the road? Does the city look "alive"?
From what I explored, it seemed VERY alive. A lot of people, a lot. It was loaded with NPCs doing a lot of stuff.

Can you pet the dog?
I didn't see any dog, but I found a cat and yes, you could pet him.

Does driving feel good?
It is very heavy and I liked it! It's not arcade, and stills need a bit of tweaking, the car stops too fast and turning is a little too sensitive, but I really enjoyed it.

Did you finish any side quest? If so, were there a lot of endings and choices or different paths to take?
I did two missions that involved optional things, and it changes the outcome a lot.

Is it a GOTY contender?
I only played 3 hours, but if this quality maintain throughout the game, it could be one of the greatest RPGs ever made, and I'm very curious to see the rest.

How is the stealth and hacking?
It has a very good stealth, with a lethal attack, non-lethal attack and the possibility to hide bodies so that they can't be found by your enemies. Hacking is equally good, demanding more than just clicking one button: it's
necessary to manage memory to distribute it among different procedures, complete a mini game to hack equipment, and other things. In general, the gameplay is extremely competent, but it isn't innovative and doesn't bring any non seen resources. What makes it different is the way they mix those things with abilities and unique CP 2077 implants.

Can you see your feet if you look down?
Yes you can, you can also see your torso and legs. The placement of these seems very good.

Source

1966 Dodge Charger (?) spotted on a gameplay !
738.jpg

Kobe Bryant reference:
gi5frqabtip51.png

Related on Gaf:

Improvement of the latest build vs 2018 footage:​
Learn a little bit more about the many gangs of Night City:​
Take a look at Night City and learn about the neighborhoods, the lore and art of the game:​

Last edited:
Those japan Town (I think its called that way?) pics give me those very strong Blade Runner PnC Adventure vibes... to this day that game had one of the best atmospheres i can recall and from what was shown so far this is doing it as well. It is looking more promising with every bit of news i see.

Last edited:
I don't understand why everyone thinks this looks so good.

It looks like a pretty standard current gen game to me. And that's before considering that it likely won't look nearly as good on consoles anyway.

I can only speak for me of course but the appeal isn´t in the quality of graphics in terms of acchieving fotorealism or more of this and that. Yeah it looks alright (already pricing in the "downgrade" on a console level where i will play it) but what makes it special is the atmosphere. The lonely streets with only two cars driving up through the japanse gate, Trauma Team being in the midst of a mission while in the far ads are projected above into the night. or the bonfire of the nomads, the other pic of japan town with the guy with a man bun running on the board walk (jackie?) and just the overall atmosphere everything gives off. knowing the capabilities of cdpr especially in building a great, immersive world this just makes me want to play this game, because i think i will like it very much.

The only thing that sticks out to me is the low population density and clearly due to hardware limitations (and partly for playability reasons, but I would argue you could still increase NPC density quite a lot more before it affects playability). A future Cyberpunk metropolis, where most of the population has been forced into the cities to escape ecological destruction, would be overcrowded.

Fortunately there will definitely be mods to fix this on PC.

I don't understand why everyone thinks this looks so good.

It looks like a pretty standard current gen game to me. And that's before considering that it likely won't look nearly as good on consoles anyway.

If you are referring to the videos posted above, those are streaming videos, with a ton of compression. If you are referring to the pictures, and you still don't think that the game looks good, then either go get your eyes checked or just wait for the release when more things are happening in those scenes.

I can only speak for me of course but the appeal isn´t in the quality of graphics in terms of acchieving fotorealism or more of this and that. Yeah it looks alright (already pricing in the "downgrade" on a console level where i will play it) but what makes it special is the atmosphere. The lonely streets with only two cars driving up through the japanse gate, Trauma Team being in the midst of a mission while in the far ads are projected above into the night. or the bonfire of the nomads, the other pic of japan town with the guy with a man bun running on the board walk (jackie?) and just the overall atmosphere everything gives off. knowing the capabilities of cdpr especially in building a great, immersive world this just makes me want to play this game, because i think i will like it very much.

^ It comes down to this really. The graphics are decent enough I guess and the gunplay looks stiff. But if it is as rpg-ish as they are saying and the atmosphere holds up along with the story then I'm down. I never played the Witcher games, fantasy and orcs and necromancers or whatever arent really my thing, but cyberpunk? Hell yeah. The move to first person is one I have applauded as it is much more immersive, and I cant wait to be ensconced in this world they have created.

supernova8

Banned
If you are referring to the videos posted above, those are streaming videos, with a ton of compression. If you are referring to the pictures, and you still don't think that the game looks good, then either go get your eyes checked or just wait for the release when more things are happening in those scenes.

For me I'm wondering most whether they can maintain the visual fidelity in the models etc throughout the entire game. That is one of the big reasons why you lose that feeling of immersion. It's why I feel immersed in something BOTW because there's consistency throughout the entire game. The detail obviously is nowhere near Cyberpunk but everything has the same amount of detail and there's coherency.

I kinda worry that we'll end up with lots of NPCs walking around that are relatively low-poly and will look really out place and it'll just kill the magic. Can they really make a game this sprawling with the same level of consistency/coherence?

Since it's from the dudes and dudettes who made Witcher 3, I'm going with "Yes they can" until I see evidence suggesting otherwise. I kinda wish it was in VR if they're going for first person but yeah imagine the sort of PC you'd need to run it :p

supernova8

Banned
This game would be amazing with VR support.

Yeah they should do some tie-up with Valve to get it working Steam VR. You'd think it could be done especially if they already have detailed models for hands, arms and weapons.

Other stuff that might be tricky is stuff like being able to have fist fights or using a sword to chop someone in half but make it so that the chop lines up with where you actually strike the enemy.

There's definitely quite a lot of work that goes into making a polished VR but getting it at least into a playable state should be something modders can do if they have access to the right bits and bobs a la other games.

For me I'm wondering most whether they can maintain the visual fidelity in the models etc throughout the entire game. That is one of the big reasons why you lose that feeling of immersion. It's why I feel immersed in something BOTW because there's consistency throughout the entire game. The detail obviously is nowhere near Cyberpunk but everything has the same amount of detail and there's coherency.

I kinda worry that we'll end up with lots of NPCs walking around that are relatively low-poly and will look really out place and it'll just kill the magic. Can they really make a game this sprawling with the same level of consistency/coherence?

Since it's from the dudes and dudettes who made Witcher 3, I'm going with "Yes they can" until I see evidence suggesting otherwise. I kinda wish it was in VR if they're going for first person but yeah imagine the sort of PC you'd need to run it :p

The Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time, and I can't wait to play it again on the PS5. But I digress!

I do see your concerns, but I'm not as worried as you are. There has been plenty of people within the gaming industry who had seen the 45-minute gameplay demo, and to my knowledge none had mentioned that the NPCs were lifeless, boring nor out of place. In fact, the opposite is what I've read about Cyberpunk 2077 and the NPCs within the game.

mortal

Gold Member
Yeah they should do some tie-up with Valve to get it working Steam VR. You'd think it could be done especially if they already have detailed models for hands, arms and weapons.

Other stuff that might be tricky is stuff like being able to have fist fights or using a sword to chop someone in half but make it so that the chop lines up with where you actually strike the enemy.

There's definitely quite a lot of work that goes into making a polished VR but getting it at least into a playable state should be something modders can do if they have access to the right bits and bobs a la other games.
For some reason I feel like CDPR have been working on something for VR that will come after launch, whether it be with Valve or all VR devices.
Especially with the game being tailored around the first person experience, it jus makes too much sense.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
For some reason I feel like CDPR have been working on something for VR that will come after launch, whether it be with Valve or all VR devices.
Especially with the game being tailored around the first person experience, it jus makes too much sense.
I doubt they have been working on it, I think doing it right is a big lift and they've been all hands on deck.

But it is certainly the kind of thing I could see them working on post-launch. Especially now that the game is 100% first person with no cutscenes. It really mostly seems like a problem of working out interactions and interface and optimizing the performance. Optimizing an engine for VR that wasn't built for it is no small task, it has to be able to not only run fast and low latency, but do so with near perfect consistency.

Last edited:

blackjon24

hmm this made japanese voices are kind of appealing I used to love japanese cyberpunk animes like ghost in the shell and appleseed

Reactions: KO7

Rickyiez

Don't get me wrong Cyberpunk looks amazing but I really hope it has better cloth physics . As of now they looks too static hopefully this will improve on next gen with other titles as well .

Hunnybun

But pretty much every video I've ever watched of it has been underwhelming. Same dark, gloomy, interiors with rather ugly character models. Granted I've seen one or two when you're driving through the City and they look much better, but it's still nothing earth shattering. Just goes from an average looking current gen game to a great looking one.

As for the pictures, obviously they look better, but just nothing like the borderline next gen level everyone else seems to see.

As for the pictures, obviously they look better, but just nothing like the borderline next gen level everyone else seems to see.

I would never say it looks "next gen" in regard to what is commonly attributed to being "next gen" graphics-wise. And with the "current gen look" you are even pretty spot on i would say. It looks pretty much as one would expect on current gen. Sure, PC and partially next gen consoles will look better, but the dark, gloomy interiors (i would even say the whole game has this look) is partially responsible why this is appealing because of said atmosphere it creates. But i guess that might be a question of taste whether it alludes to someone or not.

Xdrive05

Where can I find facts about the game, like how the gameplay flows (what's the structure, mission design and decision branches for replayability)? Do we have that info yet?

How robust is the city? Can you enter every building, for example?

But pretty much every video I've ever watched of it has been underwhelming. Same dark, gloomy, interiors with rather ugly character models. Granted I've seen one or two when you're driving through the City and they look much better, but it's still nothing earth shattering. Just goes from an average looking current gen game to a great looking one.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not a next-gen game. It's cross-gen. CDPR hasn't shown any footage of it on the PS5 yet, because they are probably not working on that version at this time. They have already stated that there will be a patch for the XSX and PS5 at launch, and a true next-gen versions sometime in 2021. I wonder if there are any PC footages with all the visual settings set to max floating around at this time.

Hunnybun

Cyberpunk 2077 is not a next-gen game. It's cross-gen. CDPR hasn't shown any footage of it on the PS5 yet, because they are probably not working on that version at this time. They have already stated that there will be a patch for the XSX and PS5 at launch, and a true next-gen versions sometime in 2021. I wonder if there are any PC footages with all the visual settings set to max floating around at this time.

Yeah I know it's not next gen. But people eulogise its graphics as if it were, and sometimes explicitly say it looks like it.

That's my point.

Top Bottom