• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TGA 2020] The Callisto Protocol | Announcement trailer

MiguelItUp

So if it's tied to PUBG why wasn't it mentioned by Glen, Geoff, or the teaser itself?
That's the thing I thought was really strange. I mean, nothing in what we were shown gave off that vibe, unless I'm missing something. I mean, I was never a PUBG fan.

Honestly that bit of info has me concerned, lol. I mean, everything else sounds great, but PUBG universe? Really? I didn't even know it HAD a "universe", lol.

Nickolaidas

This is weird, but I doubt it actually means anything.
Yeah, pretty sure they try to tie-in Callisto to PUGB just so that PUGB players who wouldn't go near the game buy it and give it a shot because it's supposedly connected to the PUGB universe.

I'm 100% sure whatever 'connection' between the two games is going to be so trivial to the point of being inconsequential - like 'I.C. was here' kind of thing.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Protagonist looks boring af

Which one is the protagonist?

Cuz one guy looks like he got eaten and likely isnt playable.
The second guy has turned into a literal monster at this point....while interesting I doubt thats the protagonist of this story.
The other guy looks like the bad guy because he just watched someone get eaten and didnt bat an eyelash.

The thing about Dead Space is that it was System Shock 3 for a period of development, and then EA removed the branding when it became more RE4 influenced, but the whole plotline of sentient, hive-mind biomass trying to get the player to do its bidding is a far less verbose The Many from System Shock 2. The necromorphs themselves are far more System Shock 2-like than RE4-like.

When I played Dead Space and encountered the nursery with the necromorph babies, all I could think of was, "Babies must sleep. Babies must rest. Wise is the one who does not waken them."

In this case, I'm curious what the PUGB universe brings to the table. I'm assuming they have plans for a wider universe of stories which PUGB the battle royale game forms a part of.

Last edited:
Pretty much. The can namedrop PUGB which makes for free promotion. Look at us talking about it right now.

Everyone's super bemused though.

A very odd cross promotion in terms of Universe and target audience

I thought Fornite basically killed PUBG anyway?

Last edited:

Well, this is me then

giphy.gif

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo I was looking at the "Ill" game you mentioned, this king of tech could be great for a Dead Space type game. Can you imagine the Necromorphs transforming in front of you with so much detail ?!

I now have a 3rd reason to buy a PS5 now besides Returnal and RE8. I wonder how the game Negative Atmosphere by Sunscorched Studios will be affected?

Edit: noticed on the Striking Distance IG that they are looking for a lead character artist, technical director among other positions such as art director. Hoping this doesn’t get delayed.

Edit 2: Striking Distance updates their IG pretty often almost daily. It would be a good idea to keep a close eye on their account as well as the account for the game itself: @CallistoTheGame

Last edited:

GymWolf

IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo I was looking at the "Ill" game you mentioned, this king of tech could be great for a Dead Space type game. Can you imagine the Necromorphs transforming in front of you with so much detail ?!

Unfortunately we are a few gen away from that real time type of gore in videogames imo.

Top Bottom