• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TGA 2020] The Callisto Protocol | Announcement trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Set 300 years after the events of PUBG (yeah I know, wtf is this shit)
The team wants The Callisto Protocol to be "the scariest game on next-gen platforms [and PC]."

Winks to Dead Space in the announcement trailer (thx to this topic, in French):

-The prisoner's number visible on his jacket is 06052465. This is the date of birth of Isaac Clarke.

-On the prisoner's bedside table, you can see a book and if you zoom in on the cover, it reads "Engineer's Handbook - By E.Langford" ... Ellie Langford is a character in DS2 and 3.

-On the wall to the right of the cell door there are inscriptions. It reads "IC was here", IC being the initials of Isaac Clarke. And just below "JC was here too", and there we can think of it as John Carver from the third episode.

-Once the con man has eaten up our sticky friend, we have a shot of a guy watching surveillance cameras. On each screen, there is a name that could be that of the occupant of the cell.
We also have "C. Mercer" for Challus Mercer, a scientist from Ishimura obsessed with necromorphs (DS1), "K. Daniels" for Kendra Daniels, the computer scientist part of the original rescue team and "L. Murdoch "for Lexine Murdoch which comes to us from the spin-off Dead Space: Extraction.​

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
Oh I must have missed this. Definitely the most interesting thing shown that I will keep an eye out for.

And what I love about it (likely due to being a Horror game) is that the trailer was not punctuated by tons of jump cuts and an overly annoying licensed musical arrangement in the background.

ripeavocado

Banned
Weird trailer but I am moderately interested which makes this game the most interesting among the announcements of the VGA

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Do all new monsters have to have stranger things monster type sounds or what :d

Last edited:
Top Bottom