• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Game Possibly Leaked

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to a new rumor, a video game based on Texas Chainsaw Massacre is currently in the works from Gun Media, the team behind Friday the 13th: The Game. Gun Media has been teasing a new game based on a horror movie franchise for the last few months, and now fans on Reddit have noticed that an interesting URL redirects to Gun Media's website: https://leatherfacethegame.com. Fans of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series should take this all with a grain of salt until something concrete is revealed, but this certainly seems like the biggest clue yet regarding the developer's next project!

The URL would seem to imply that players will take on the role of Leatherface in the game, but it's possible that it could offer an approach similar to Friday the 13th: The Game, where players can be the killer or the victims. Actor Kane Hodder did motion capture for Friday the 13th: The Game, and has teased his involvement with another video game. Hodder portrayed Jason Vorhees in multiple Friday the 13th films, and also did stunt work as the villain in Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III. Given that history, a game based on Texas Chainsaw Massacre seems like a distinct possibility!

CamHostage

According to a new rumor, a video game based on Texas Chainsaw Massacre is currently in the works from Gun Media, the team behind Friday the 13th: The Game....The URL would seem to imply that players will take on the role of Leatherface in the game, but it's possible that it could offer an approach similar to Friday the 13th: The Game, where players can be the killer or the victims.

Hmm, interesting. It's not the same type of franchise, so it would be tough to transplant the F13 multiplayer thrills to Chainsaw. (The series isn't exactly known for the hunt-and-seek or slasher-satisfaction simplicity of Friday, and there's really only one great movie in the series with few memorable locations.. there's not a lot of room in KOKLA Radio to set an action setpiece.)

However, with all of the frustrating legal issues Gun Media faced when the damned Friday rights stakeholders/trolls came to ruin the fun (this mess will never be worked out...), they've got no choice but to start again if they want to continue on that success. I'd rather see Chainsaw not as a multiplayer game (I'm not particularly excited to play a Chainsaw game as it is, and a game campaign where you play as Leatherface seems corny but somebody I'm sure would be into it,) but Gun Media seems to really be into serving this unserved horror franchise gamer audience, so good luck to them.

killatopak

The ip is great but I don’t know how it will translate into a game if it’s not some multiplayer death by daylight type of game.

Maybe an Alien Iso type of game but the location seems small compared to a spaceship. It’s literally just a farm.

The ip is great but I don’t know how it will translate into a game if it’s not some multiplayer death by daylight type of game.

Maybe an Alien Iso type of game but the location seems small compared to a spaceship. It’s literally just a farm.
Probably some kind of outlast style game.

You know this scene is pretty accurate for how the gameplay is gonna be lol and I am all for it.

texas_chainsaw_massacre_gif.gif

kunonabi

Not the biggest fan of TCM but we really a new asymmetrical horror game with the lawsuit killing off F13. I get the feeling the Evil Dead game might run into some of the same problems that hurt most of these games so having another option works for me.

KRYPT83

They couldn't handle the F13 IP, don't have much faith in this either. F13 could have been great though.
Man I'm preying after the lawsuit somebody makes a great F13 without the bugs and a studio that cares/knows what they are doing. Still play F13 to this day and love it

carlosrox

Banned
Alien Isolation but with Leatherface is the best way for this to work but we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Top Bottom