• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator: Resistance Enhanced PS5 Version Gameplay - Early Impression

Bramble

I don't get it. I redownloaded this yesterday, it says enhanced, it installed on my external HDD and I'm not sure I'm seeing any difference. And the PS5 version is delayed? But I am on PS5. Which is it?

SkylineRKR

I don't get it. I redownloaded this yesterday, it says enhanced, it installed on my external HDD and I'm not sure I'm seeing any difference. And the PS5 version is delayed? But I am on PS5. Which is it?

If it runs from external HDD it can't be a native PS5 file yet.

Cravis

So it’s a free upgrade fo existing PS4 owners, right? It’s showing the Enhanced PS5 version is $49.99 but PS4 version is still $39.99. Why would I buy the PS5 version for $10 more when I can buy the PS4 version cheaper and then choose to download PS5 version? Makes no sense.

So it’s a free upgrade fo existing PS4 owners, right? It’s showing the Enhanced PS5 version is $49.99 but PS4 version is still $39.99. Why would I buy the PS5 version for $10 more when I can buy the PS4 version cheaper and then choose to download PS5 version? Makes no sense.
So you don't have to waste your time waiting for the patch to download.
Come on bro! 💪🏻

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned

It is a free upgrade if you own the PS4 version

That’s what I thought. Just seems ass backwards to charge $10 more.

Oh well. Purchased nonetheless. These guys deserve it. Third time I’ve bought the game (digital Xbox, physical Xbox, now PS5 enhanced lol).
I could therefore imagine you recommending the game for a T1&2 fan?

it’s some weird cult like status.
Supposed to be really fun for fans of the movies!

i still want to give this game a go one day
I haven't played this yet but it seems in the same boat as Homefront: The Revolution. I loved that game because I'm from Philadelphia and really liked the first Homefront.

So as an 80's movie fan, I will love this game on PS5.

Denton

I haven't played this yet but it seems in the same boat as Homefront: The Revolution. I loved that game because I'm from Philadelphia and really liked the first Homefront.
I hated first Homefront, but loved the second. If koreans were switched with terminators, it would have been a fantastic terminator game.

Resistance does admirable job though, considering it was made for peanuts by a bunch of guys in poland. Best terminator thing since T2 for sure.

Corgi1985

Banned
Pokemon sword, the single worst video "game" of all time has higher than a zero on metacritic, so you can ignore metacritic's score for terminator b/c it is wrong about everything.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Got to the Hollywood Hills level. Still having a blast with the game. I'm playing on Hard difficulty and often feel low on resources, having to scavenge houses & loot enemies.

Can't stress enough that this is a lower budget game tho. If you're used to AAA production values it will be jarring lol but rest assured every dollar has gone as far as it could.

HotPocket69

Banned
So two trophies are bugged: Historian (find 10 notes) and Easy Money (pick 10 locks). Teyon is aware but Jesus fucking christ man. This shit was already delayed for whatever bs and it STILL comes out busted. Between this and the Returnal trophy bugs and bugs in general this is NOT a top gaming weekend for us spergy completionists.

Cravis

Played up to the hospital. Yep I still love this game. Haven’t touched infiltrator mode but plan to tonight.

Sucks about the glitched trophies. At least they are aware of them.

tommib

That’s what I thought. Just seems ass backwards to charge $10 more.

Oh well. Purchased nonetheless. These guys deserve it. Third time I’ve bought the game (digital Xbox, physical Xbox, now PS5 enhanced lol).
Can someone confirm this? Seems crazy to have 2 different prices for the same game.

HotPocket69

Banned
Got a message from Reef stating that Teyon is currently working on the broken trophies and sound issues in Infiltrator mode. Awesome, too bad by the time it releases I’ll be balls deep in some big witch tits a la RE8.

Cravis

Can someone confirm this? Seems crazy to have 2 different prices for the same game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Terminator: Resistance - Enhanced is clearly the best version of the game, and its upgrades and additions, particularly Infiltrator Mode, are welcome additions, but nothing added is going to make anyone think this is a triple-A title.

Even Enhanced, Resistance’s budget nature shines through. Anyone who can get past that, however, will find a surprisingly solid game that respects the IP and often punches above its weight.

tommib

Insanity.

Brigandier

I enjoyed this game... The reviews are incredibly harsh, Sure it's no 10/10 but for a shoestring budget game it's solid and the sound/music is great lol.

I can only imagine what this game would have been like with a high budget.

yansolo

started this the other day, its not the best game in the world but its the best terminator thing since T2

dont know how much non-fans would like it though, especially maybe those who are a bit younger and havnt even seen t1 n t2

Pilgrimzero

Started this the other day. It's very much a budget title but it's still really good. Imagine if this was a AAA game!

Forced Stealth sections still blow though. Leading Terminators into hacked Autocannons are fantastic though.

Pilgrimzero

Finished the main campaign. The final “battle” was kind of weak. I get it, John takes down Skynet but I literally won by hiding behind a pillar while the NPCs took out the terminators. Big damn hero.

I actually thought I failed because I didn’t get passed the HK Tank fast enough because the ending just suddenly happened.

AI is either dumb by accident or design. I’m guessing design. Terminators that would chase me wouldn’t go upstairs or leave rooms. Many many times if they just all came forward to get me they’d have killed me. Easily abusable by me. I guess to compensate they are deadly accurate even at long range.

Damn good game though. Looking forward to the DLC.

Oh and Baron > Jennifer. Nailed them both though. Man, sex scenes are awkward in video games and they really need to stop doing them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom