• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tencent is Reportedly Trying to Buy Crytek

200.gif

They are not making just military stuff, but all sorts of simulations for infrastructure and architecture companies. Their tech demos sometimes offer a glimpse of this content.

I doubt it, but even if it were true; it wouldn't be worrisome beyond the possibility of a bigger focus on the mobile market (going from what it looks to be Tencent's main target, even when they are everywhere).

yurinka

I think it's fake. I think Tencent isn't that dumb.

I think it's more likely to see MS buying them and announcing the day after Crysis 4 with a logo CG teaser (not mentioned in the trailer but the game would be released in 2026).

Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft, pls buy crytek.
I could see MS insterested on it to have some extra Game Pass games and to support their shotter and game engine teams. But not sure why Sony or Nintendo would be interested on them.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
lots of rumors over the last few years of crytek beign bought. I think its the other way around. I think crytek is trying to be bought.

Top Bottom