• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tencent acquires 22% of blooper team

Great Hair

Banned

Tencent is the largest shareholder of Bloober Team​

- We are honored with the interest of Tencent - comments President Piotr Babieno. Let's say that the Chinese juggernaut is also hungry for PixelAnt, Cenega, QLOC and Muve.

The word "juggernaut" is more than adequate, the Shehnzen-based corporation has higher revenues than Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts and Take-Two ... put together! Its portfolio includes many Western studios, including Riot Games, Funcom, and Grinding Gear Games, and it also has minority packages, including Epic Games (40%), Fatsharka (36%) and Dontnod Entertainment (23%) and Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft and Paradox Entertainment (5% each).

In July , we informed that the Chinese were closing the takeover of the British Sumo Group , which includes Pixel Ant from Wrocław. A month later, the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection received an application for the acquisition of 1C Entertainment (owner of Cenega, Muve and QLOC) . Today , however, we learned that Tencent has become the largest shareholder of Bloober Team. Century Limited, a subsidiary of the Chinese, acquired 3.88 million shares of the Krakow company from Rockbridge TFI, i.e. approx. 22% of all its shares. Tencent spent about PLN 77.6 million on this purchase .

“We are honored with Tencent's interest and are delighted to welcome him as our new shareholder. This is a capital market transaction between Rockbridge and Tencent and as such was not related to the ongoing commercial activities of our company. We appreciate the great industry knowledge and the entire ecosystem that our new investor has

- President Piotr Babieno commented in an interview with Puls Biznesu .

Bloober Team is currently implementing two "aspiring AAA" - the fruits of partnership with Konami and Take-Two . Quite recently, the company also showed the first teaser of a mysterious project related to the Layers of Fear brand .

million dollar man cash GIF
high roller laughing GIF
nicolas cage shrug GIF

Kdad

Glad I have a huge backlog of games to play...never touching a game where Tencent has more than 10% ownership...my own arbitrary line but...fuck em.

I honestly don't understand the markets fascination with Blooper Team, I'm not aware of anything they've been involved in that has managed to be anything other than OK at best.
I'm really starting to believe that they're somehow connected to Hasan Kahraman's Blue Box Games and it's all just part of Andy Kauffman's greatest gag since he became the Women's Wrestling Champion of the World.

Top Bottom