• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Temtem | PlayStation 5 - Early Access Announcement

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Temtem Early Access is coming to PlayStation 5 on December 8th. Pre-order now on the PlayStation Store!

Seek adventure in the lovely Airborne Archipelago alongside your Temtem squad. Catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize your character, join a friend's adventure, and explore the dynamic online world.

JSoup

Banned
Been playing the Steam version off and on since Alpha. It's a good game, with perhaps a few translation issues here or there. I'm looking forward to seeing if they came make the game cross-platform like they wanted.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see a developer taking a chance on a completely unique and innovative game.
:messenger_neutral:

MastaKiiLA

Been playing the Steam version off and on since Alpha. It's a good game, with perhaps a few translation issues here or there. I'm looking forward to seeing if they came make the game cross-platform like they wanted.
A couple of questions:
  1. How strong is the online community? Are there a decent number of gamers online at a time?
  2. How is mid-to-late game? Is there a lot of content to keep you going?
  3. Can temtems be evolved? I see that they can be bred, but haven't seen anything about evolutions.
I watched a few gameplay videos, but they all featured the start of the game. I think it would be great to have a proper Pokemon-style game on the PS5, but I'm not sure I want to jump into anything without knowing that there's enough content for gamers, even if the online community stagnates.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Of course you'd say that ya filthy animal.

72QGNjw.gif

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The issue with alot of these clones outside of a few very specific examples is the mobster designs just don't hold up, or are uninteresting.

Sadly as PC Temtem player I can safely state that the mobster designs suck, nothing "pops" and they feel generic and boring. Its a shame really because the 2 monster mechanic as the standard really would add to the battle diversity if I felt the urge to actually want to collect and see the evolutions, which games like Digimon cyber sleuth for example excel at.

If you feel like your on the fence, my advise is wait for it to be done... if it ever actually is and jump on it then if the reviews are good, otherwise pass it.

JSoup

Banned
A couple of questions:
  1. How strong is the online community? Are there a decent number of gamers online at a time?
  2. How is mid-to-late game? Is there a lot of content to keep you going?
  3. Can temtems be evolved? I see that they can be bred, but haven't seen anything about evolutions.
I watched a few gameplay videos, but they all featured the start of the game. I think it would be great to have a proper Pokemon-style game on the PS5, but I'm not sure I want to jump into anything without knowing that there's enough content for gamers, even if the online community stagnates.

1. Pretty strong, the discord community in particular. In game chat is good, with guilds and such, but very, ah......very PC, let's say.
2. Lots of content. Aside from just catching all the TemTem's, there is breeding, housing, piles of single and multiplayer challenges. Last I looked in, a weekly PvP tournament was on the to-do list.
3. Yes.

The issue with alot of these clones outside of a few very specific examples is the mobster designs just don't hold up, or are uninteresting.

Sadly as PC Temtem player I can safely state that the mobster designs suck, nothing "pops" and they feel generic and boring. Its a shame really because the 2 monster mechanic as the standard really would add to the battle diversity if I felt the urge to actually want to collect and see the evolutions, which games like Digimon cyber sleuth for example excel at.

If you feel like your on the fence, my advise is wait for it to be done... if it ever actually is and jump on it then if the reviews are good, otherwise pass it.
I'm not disagreeing with you, but creature design sucking hasn't stopped the last 5 or 6 Pokemon games, and it's otherwise a step up from what Gamefreak put out in practically every way.

I'm keeping a close eye on it and if it continues to show as much promise as it does, will get it once it's properly 'released'.

Bryank75

Banned
I got this on PS5, it's crossplay with PC. 100 people in each instance and people are so helpful and cool, one guy gave me all the starters and another cool Temtem along with items to get me going.

You'll find random 'get-togethers' with loads of people chatting.

It's a really great time, I'm just waiting on trophy support to really get into it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Temtem Early Access is coming to PlayStation 5 on December 8th. Pre-order now on the PlayStation Store!

Seek adventure in the lovely Airborne Archipelago alongside your Temtem squad. Catch every Temtem, battle other tamers, customize your character, join a friend's adventure, and explore the dynamic online world.

Wow! What a crazy game this is! Never seen something like that in my whole life! What a wonderful era to be alive to see such crazy, creative ideas that no one else came up with!

Surprised Meme GIF

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Early accsess is such a ridiculous concept turned on its head. “Do you want to test the game for us?” Hell no get out of here. I don’t work for you. “Do you want EARLY ACCESS to the game??? Pay US” OMG pre-order pre-order pre-order

Bridges

I backed this but won't be able to play until they release on Xbox

I'm happy to hear reception has been mostly positive and that they managed to get crossplay in there, looks to have turned out very solid.

manfestival

Game has been on my wishlist for some time. I didn't want to buy it up front when it came out but there seem to be a ton of content for it now. I do recall seeing something along the lines of the price going up to $60 once they complete their roadmap by the end of this year. If true, then it would definitely be worth picking up sometime along the way.

Top Bottom