• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell me: PSVR2 launch lineup vs consoles of the last decade.

Where does the PSVR2 lineup stack up compared to the last 6 consoles?

• Closer to the top.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • Mid-pack.

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Closer to the bottom.

Votes: 28 34.1%

• Total voters

Ar¢tos

Just watched 10min of Demeo gameplay and it looks addictive!
But I'm gonna resist and wait until the end of the year to get the headset.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I voted closer to bottom, have people not dealt with these accessories before? If PSVR2 was standalone, sure I could believe it. But as a more expensive accessory to a now £520 console, no.

It's always the games, people just don't invest as much, like Kinect, or that weird magic playstation book thing for the PS3.

Some will look nice, and be a real treat for the eyes, but that's it. I think you should add the Kinect launch list and the PSVR too just to compare.

When running a business you want to sell to 100% of the people who own the console, not the 10% who own it and the VR headset, or alternatively you invest 10% of the money into your game as you normally would.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
I voted closer to bottom, have people not dealt with these accessories before? If PSVR2 was standalone, sure I could believe it. But as a more expensive accessory to a now £520 console, no.

It's always the games, people just don't invest as much, like Kinect, or that weird magic playstation book thing for the PS3.

Some will look nice, and be a real treat for the eyes, but that's it. I think you should add the Kinect launch list and the PSVR too just to compare.

When running a business you want to sell to 100% of the people who own the console, not the 10% who own it and the VR headset, or alternatively you invest 10% of the money into your game as you normally would.
TameAgonizingAmericanbadger-size_restricted.gif

Crayon

It's ok, a lot listed are already put as a vr or non vr title on other systems, so it really comes down to exclusives. Right now there is what, 1 game (horizon) on that list you can't play another way or another system? Obviously gt7 is a draw to some people but it can be played other ways. Not sure fantavision moves the needle.

If you think playing GT7 on PS5 flat takes any wind out of playing it in vr that's fine. It's not even in the same world, to me. GT7 is a very fine game, but with vr it will be whole.

It cannot be played anywhere except SteamVR though this is the thing that's overlooked, if you use an oculus device your not buying or loading it from the oculus store, your buying it on steam and playing it through SteamVR. I guess the question is if psvr2 ends up running on a pc somehow, and you can then play HLA on SteamVR with a psvr2 do you consider this a psvr2 port? because those other VR devices only work with HLA becuse they have SteamVR support.

I don't get what you are saying about alyx having to be on steam vr. That's why it's called a port. Because things have to be changed to run on another set of api's (or raw hardware as the case used to be). And have you ever heard of the term "portable" in software? Valve likes to make their back end tools portable where they can.

It's not difficult to top most consoles to be honest, especially xbox. I can't think of a launch lineup since the 360 or even the original Xbox that was great. So yeah, pretty much easy mode there. Even still, the PS consoles aren't doing way better either in terms of launch. Being able to play the full game of GT7 in VR is fucking next level shit at launch.

That's what got me thinking about it. Launches are always interesting for the reason that a system has to get up on it's legs with some patchy initial round of games. Then I realized that the psvr2's launch is actually better than ps5. And better than x series, and so on. I voted "closer to the top" without reservations.

Im thinking more of like remakes. Im sure they still make it work by keeping them on rails like until dawn "roller coaster" style.

I was tinking very straight ports, but they did point out something important. Those game are packed with instances designed around "you just see this gues head pop out exactly once before the boat jumps and explodes" and stuff like that. Being able to shift your head around even a couple feet would let you "peek" at stuff all over. I can't say how much that would weaken any of the games, if at all, but sounds like something that would take extra consideration in the ports.

Still a fucking brilliant idea, however they did it.

Crayon

Very high praise

I'm fucked out all these impression videos lol. Hearing the same things over and over again. Ranges from very positive with nit-picks (not negative, just the level of criticisms was tame) to gushing.

Still clicked on this one, thanks for the timestamp. They are raving, it's fun for hype. I'm glad the impressions on horizon itself have been positive. The swinging arm running has me a little concerned but maybe there is an option to turn it off or maybe even it's just not that bad in practice. Either way, tubers are generally praising the game.

It's the best graphics in vr though and not really close so that itself is interesting. If it does turn out to be mediocre, you can't get more quintessential launch game than that lol.

I'm fucked out all these impression videos lol. Hearing the same things over and over again. Ranges from very positive with nit-picks (not negative, just the level of criticisms was tame) to gushing.

Still clicked on this one, thanks for the timestamp. They are raving, it's fun for hype. I'm glad the impressions on horizon itself have been positive. The swinging arm running has me a little concerned but maybe there is an option to turn it off or maybe even it's just not that bad in practice. Either way, tubers are generally praising the game.

It's the best graphics in vr though and not really close so that itself is interesting. If it does turn out to be mediocre, you can't get more quintessential launch game than that lol.

The most gushing impressions seem to be from VR enthusiasts, whereas those that still had positive (but less gushing) impressions come from media outlets that just don't care about VR, from what I can gather.

That's encouraging to me. I wish more outlets had people that didn't simply shrug VR off. it's really irritating how some members of the media are so narrow minded.

Crayon

I think you should add the Kinect launch list and the PSVR too just to compare.

Kinect is brutal:

1. Adrenalin Misfits
2. Dance Central
3. Dancemasters
4. Deca Sports Freedom
5. EA Sports Active 2
6. Fighters Uncaged
7. Game Party: In Motion
8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
9. Kinect Joy Ride
10. Kinect Sports
11. Kinectimals
12. Motionsports
13. Sonic Free Riders
14. The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout:
15. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
16. Zumba Fitness

PSVR is much better than Kinect but not close to PSVR2.
Sorry for the "review" and "preorder bits that were on the table I copied:

100ft Robot Golf Review
Batman Arkham VR
Battlezone
Carnival Games Review
Driveclub VR Review
EVE: Valkyrie
Hatsune Miku Review
Harmonix Music VR
Headmaster
Here They Lie
Job Simulator
Loading Human Review
The Playroom VR Review
PlayStation VR Worlds
Rez Infinite
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Review
SportsBarVR Review
Superhypercube Review
Super Stardust Ultra VR Review
Trackmania Turbo
Thumper
Tumble VR Review
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
War Thunder
Wayward Sky
Within
World War Toons

hlm666

I don't get what you are saying about alyx having to be on steam vr. That's why it's called a port. Because things have to be changed to run on another set of api's (or raw hardware as the case used to be). And have you ever heard of the term "portable" in software? Valve likes to make their back end tools portable where they can.
I was saying it's exclusive to SteamVR, the argument was oh it runs on all these vr devices so why don't they port it to psvr2 like valve has already been porting it to these devices but they havn't. Those devices work with HLA because they support SteamVR. Valve didn't do a port for oculus sdk and store etc or any of those other devices. All those headsets work with the game because they all support SteamVR there is no port to any other VR platform. Which brings me back to my question in that post, if psvr2 ever works on pc and works with SteamVR and runs HLA the same way all those other devices run it would you consider that as hla supporting psvr2 or psvr2 supporting SteamVR?

Crayon

I was saying it's exclusive to SteamVR, the argument was oh it runs on all these vr devices so why don't they port it to psvr2 like valve has already been porting it to these devices but they havn't. Those devices work with HLA because they support SteamVR. Valve didn't do a port for oculus sdk and store etc or any of those other devices. All those headsets work with the game because they all support SteamVR there is no port to any other VR platform. Which brings me back to my question in that post, if psvr2 ever works on pc and works with SteamVR and runs HLA the same way all those other devices run it would you consider that as hla supporting psvr2 or psvr2 supporting SteamVR?

Ah I see what you are saying. That would be psvr2 being compatible with steamvr, yes. That doesn't preclude a port of alyx for ps5, though. I believe valve would have more than just sales to gain from it given helping another high end platform besides pc would go towards dislodging vr from the mobile/occulus gutter.

wipeout364

I think that PSVR list is being disingenuous. The majority of those games are available on quest or PC and have been for a long time. That’s fine if the person buying the PSVR has never owned a VR set up but it’s like saying the PS4 games that were playable on the PS5 at launch were launch titles. You could make that argument but it’s not a good one.

I think that PSVR list is being disingenuous. The majority of those games are available on quest or PC and have been for a long time. That’s fine if the person buying the PSVR has never owned a VR set up but it’s like saying the PS4 games that were playable on the PS5 at launch were launch titles. You could make that argument but it’s not a good one.

Playing them on PSVR2 should make them a lot better though, and many missed out on the games due to previous VR hardware limitations

Crayon

[*]Assassin's Creed Valhalla
[*]Astro's Playroom
[*]Borderlands 3
[*]Bugsnax
[*]Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
[*]Dead by Daylight
[*]Demon's Souls
[*]Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
[*]DIRT 5
[*]Fortnite
[*]Godfall
[*]Goonya Fighter
[*]King Oddball
[*]Maneater
[*]Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
[*]Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered
[*]Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
[*]NBA 2K21
[*]No Man's Sky: The Next Generation
[*]Observer: System Redux
[*]Overcooked: All You Can Eat
[*]The Pathless
[*]Planet Coaster: Console Edition
[*]Poker Club
[*]Sackboy: A Big Adventure
[*]Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
[*]Watch Dogs Legion
[*]WRC 9

Most of these are already available on ps4 and pc, yet the list is not disingenuous. It cannot be. It is simply a list of games that were available on launch day.

gothmog

Gold Member
Lineup is good enough IMO. I really don't want to spend too much over the cost of the headset on launch day anyways. I am hoping we start to see some excitement around it post launch around ports from developers and some partnerships.

hlm666

Ah I see what you are saying. That would be psvr2 being compatible with steamvr, yes. That doesn't preclude a port of alyx for ps5, though. I believe valve would have more than just sales to gain from it given helping another high end platform besides pc would go towards dislodging vr from the mobile/occulus gutter.
I don't think VR tethered to a device (pc or console) will ever be what takes VR mainstream, and i'm not a fan of it being dominated by mobile hardware either but here we are. You could make the same argument for Sony not keeping Horizon/RE8 vr exclusive and release them on Steam to help dislodge mobile vr etc. but they wont. I actually don't see the problem, valve have 1 exclusive game to push their VR platform, sony have 3 and hopefully make more 1p ones and oculus has like what 5? maybe 6 or 7 if those starwars darth vader games were exclusive (im not sure if they were or not but i only saw them on oculus store).

With rumors of valves next VR device being standalone I think writing is on the wall and we are not dislodging the mobile hardware. Imagine if switch 2 could slide into a hmd and is a vr and mobile hybrid like the pimax portal, lol i'm up for luigi's mansion in VR.

Crayon

I don't think VR tethered to a device (pc or console) will ever be what takes VR mainstream, and i'm not a fan of it being dominated by mobile hardware either but here we are. You could make the same argument for Sony not keeping Horizon/RE8 vr exclusive and release them on Steam to help dislodge mobile vr etc. but they wont. I actually don't see the problem, valve have 1 exclusive game to push their VR platform, sony have 3 and hopefully make more 1p ones and oculus has like what 5? maybe 6 or 7 if those starwars darth vader games were exclusive (im not sure if they were or not but i only saw them on oculus store).

With rumors of valves next VR device being standalone I think writing is on the wall and we are not dislodging the mobile hardware. Imagine if switch 2 could slide into a hmd and is a vr and mobile hybrid like the pimax portal, lol i'm up for luigi's mansion in VR.

You're right it won't be mainstream because the tech is not mature enough. Right now it's almost more of a hobbyist thing. But what I'm saying is that the pool of psvr2 users combined with pc users will be at least double what it is now.

As far as sony getting those exclusive games out being to everyone's benefit? Yes, again. I wish they wouldn't do that. But valve has never (i think) been transactional in that way. People say sony putting games on steam helps but I don't think valve really cares.

kyliethicc

Console Launches are sparse. I'd say often with less than 10 really interesting games or less. PSVR2 is looking as good or better than least some on this list. But which ones?

If the lists are inaccurate, please let me know and I will update.

I was going to pick a few of the most notable from each, but it's probably best to leave that up to you.

Perhaps consider that you only liked some of these games after you got to try them or look into them more closely. All these launches
have sleepers mixed in.

Questions:

Is a VR remake/full game mode more valuable than a cross gen upgrade? You decide, but i'd really like to hear your opinion on this.

Do you already own any vr hardware? This is all in the eye of the beholder so I imagine that would make a big difference in your opinion.

For your reference:

PS5

• [*]Assassin's Creed Valhalla
    [*]Astro's Playroom
    [*]Borderlands 3
    [*]Bugsnax
    [*]Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
    [*]Dead by Daylight
    [*]Demon's Souls
    [*]DIRT 5
    [*]Fortnite
    [*]Godfall
    [*]Goonya Fighter
    [*]King Oddball
    [*]Maneater
    [*]Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    [*]Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered
    [*]Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
    [*]NBA 2K21
    [*]No Man's Sky: The Next Generation
    [*]Overcooked: All You Can Eat
    [*]The Pathless
    [*]Planet Coaster: Console Edition
    [*]Poker Club
    [*]Sackboy: A Big Adventure
    [*]Watch Dogs Legion
    [*]WRC 9
    [*]
XBOX Series
  • [*]Assassins Creed Valhalla
    [*]Borderlands 3
    [*]Bright Memory 1.0
    [*]Cuisine Royale
    [*]Dead by Daylight
    [*]DIRT 5
    [*]Enlisted
    [*]Evergate
    [*]The Falconeer
    [*]Fortnite
    [*]Forza Horizon 4
    [*]Gears 5
    [*]Gears Tactics
    [*]Grounded
    [*]King Oddball
    [*]Maneater
    [*]Manifold Garden
    [*]NBA 2K21
    [*]Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    [*]Planet Coaster
    [*]Sea of Thieves
    [*]Tetris Effect: Connected
    [*]The Touryst
    [*]War Thunder
    [*]Watch Dogs: Legion
    [*]WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship
    [*]Yakuza: Like a Dragon
    [*]Yes, Your Grace
    [*]

Switch
  • [*]The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    [*]1-2-Switch
    [*]Shovel Knight
    [*]Skylanders: Imaginators
    [*]Super Bomberman R
    [*]Just Dance 2017
    [*]Fast RMX
    [*]Human Resource Machine'
    [*]I am Setsuna
    [*]Little Inferno
    [*]Snipperclips - Cut it out, together!
    [*]World of Goo
    [*]
PS4
  • [*]Angry Birds Star Wars
    [*]Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
    [*]Call of Duty Ghosts
    [*]FIFA 14
    [*]Battlefield 4
    [*]Just Dance 2014
    [*]Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
    [*]Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    [*]Madden NFL 25
    [*]NBA 2K14
    [*]Flower
    [*]Killzone Shadow Fall
    [*]Knack
    [*]Resogun
    [*]Sound Shapes
    [*]Escape Plan
    [*]Flow
    [*]Contrast
    [*]Pinball Arcade
    [*]Super Motherload
    [*]Warframe
    [*]
XBOX One
  • [*]Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
    [*]Battlefield 4
    [*]Call of Duty: Ghosts
    [*]Crimson Dragon
    [*]Dead Rising 3
    [*]FIFA 14
    [*]Fighter Within
    [*]Forza Motorsport 5
    [*]Just Dance 2014
    [*]Killer Instinct
    [*]Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    [*]Lococycle
    [*]Madden NFL 25
    [*]NBA 2K14
    [*]NBA LIVE 14
    [*]Need for Speed: Rivals
    [*]Powerstar Golf
    [*]Ryse: Son of Rome
    [*]Skylanders: Swap Force
    [*]Zoo Tycoon
    [*]Zumba Fitness: World Party
    [*]

Wii U
  • [*]Call of Duty: Black Ops II
    [*]Skylanders Giants
    [*]Transformers Prime
    [*]Wipeout 3
    [*]Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
    [*]FIFA Soccer 13
    [*]Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    [*]New Super Mario Bros. U
    [*]Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge
    [*]Nintendo Land
    [*]Sing Party
    [*]Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
    [*]Warrios Orochi 3 Hyper
    [*]Darksiders II
    [*]Assassin’s Creed III
    [*]ESPN Sports Connection
    [*]
PSVR2
  • [*]2MD: VR Football Unleashed All-Star
    [*]After the Fall
    [*]Altair Breaker
    [*]Beat Saber
    [*]Cities VR: Enhanced Edition
    [*]Cosmonious High
    [*]Demeo
    [*]Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate
    [*]Fantavision 202X
    [*][*]Firewall Ultra
    [*][*]Gran Turismo 7
    [*]Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue
    [*]Horizon Call of the Mountain
    [*]Kayak VR: Mirage
    [*]Kizuna AI: Touch the Beat
    [*]Moss
    [*]Moss: Book II
    [*]No Man's Sky
    [*]Pistol Whip
    [*]Resident Evil Village
    [*]Runner
    [*]Song in the Smoke: Rekindled
    [*]Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Enhanced Edition
    [*]Swordsman VR
    [*]The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
    [*]The Light Brigade
    [*]The Tale of Onogoro
    [*]The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Chapter 2
    [*]Tentacular
    [*]Zenith: The Last City
    [*]

giphy.webp
ps4 > all

had knack

Fredrik

You're right it won't be mainstream because the tech is not mature enough. Right now it's almost more of a hobbyist thing. But what I'm saying is that the pool of psvr2 users combined with pc users will be at least double what it is now.

As far as sony getting those exclusive games out being to everyone's benefit? Yes, again. I wish they wouldn't do that. But valve has never (i think) been transactional in that way. People say sony putting games on steam helps but I don't think valve really cares.
To attract the big group of mainstream gamers they need to make the big mainstream games.
As long as devs/pubs only let smaller teams do smaller experimental titles it’ll only attract smaller groups of gamers.
For me it’s that simple.
But it doesn’t help that the hardware space is so fragmented with new VR headsets popping up all the time promising to be the best. Not sure how that can be fixed. PSVR should definitely be PC compatible, that would win over many potential customers who now don’t feel like jumping into the console-only VR space.

yurinka

I think it's by far the best launch lineup of any VR headset. Stuff like Horizon CoM, GT7 VR, Resident Evil Village VR, No Man's Sky VR at launch is far more attractive than only the small VR experiences the other ones had.

And well, if we remove the crossgen/next gen ports of these console launch lineups... they had less big names than the PSVR2 lineup.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Now that i think of it sony is sitting on a treasure trove of potential vr bangers.

Jumping flash in vr
Warhawk vr
Motostorm vr
Lair vr
Resistance vr
Media molecule vr game
Shadow of collosus/ico/last guardian vr - man imagine scaling those structures in vr!
Quantum dream heavy rain/detroit human esque narrative type game in vr
Shadow of the Colossus, but if only if it is a first-person PS VR 2 game, where you see the huge enemies and then actually climb them and find the weak spots to plunge your sword. 🔥

That Avion boss fight would be mind-blowing.

Crayon

To attract the big group of mainstream gamers they need to make the big mainstream games.
As long as devs/pubs only let smaller teams do smaller experimental titles it’ll only attract smaller groups of gamers.
For me it’s that simple.
But it doesn’t help that the hardware space is so fragmented with new VR headsets popping up all the time promising to be the best. Not sure how that can be fixed. PSVR should definitely be PC compatible, that would win over many potential customers who now don’t feel like jumping into the console-only VR space.

You're right. This is a step in the right direction as far as having good software in the pipe for a more powerful system but there's still a long hard way to getting it all to where it can be a mainstream thing.

A lot of previously released games that aren't that good honestly.

How about those PS5 and x series launches then?

Reallink

If you remove all of PSVR2's launch games that have already been available on other platforms for some time that lineup looks less amazing to me. They announced Beat Saber with all this fanfare and I was like I already played it forever ago. Same with Star Wars, Pistol Whip, Runner... So much of the list is kind of meh if you've been in VR for a while since you probably already played a lot of it.

The first party offerings look good, though. Not quite worth the price of admission for me yet but they'll get there. That glimpse of GT7 looked great!

Yeah this is the fact OP is conveniently ignoring or omitting. 95% of this list is at least 1-2 years old (some exceeding half a decade), and have been available on at least 3 other VR "platforms" for that time (including PSVR itself). There are only like 5 or 6 genuine PSVR2 "exclusives" we know about, 3 of which are either VR modes tacked onto existing catalog titles or remasters of PSVR1 games. Horizon, GT7, and the RE's (whatever RE4's "VR content" turns out to be) are the only games anyone looking to buy a $600 peripheral cares about. Ain't nobody buying this shit for Beat Saber or a bunch of catalog Indie PCVR ports. Anyone who gives one iota of a fuck about that stuff can run it on a $50 headset off Craigslist, you'd have to be retarded to buy a $500 console and $600 headset to play it.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

All the classic lightgun shooters rely on a controlled field of view though. Their designs wouldn't really work with player freedom to look wherever they like.
Yeah. Just by looking at HOD2 there is a lot of camera work that wouldn't work in VR. The games would need to be remade.

Ain't nobody buying this shit for Beat Saber or a bunch of catalog Indie PCVR ports. Anyone who gives one iota of a fuck about that stuff can run it on a $50 headset off Craigslist, you'd have to be retarded to buy a $500 console and $600 headset to play it.

A $50 headset off Craigslist isn’t going to be anywhere near as good of an experience

For instance, I’d never want to play TWD:SS on a gimped Quest 2 standalone, but it’s a compelling game on psvr2

Reallink

A $50 headset off Craigslist isn’t going to be anywhere near as good of an experience

For instance, I’d never want to play TWD:SS on a gimped Quest 2 standalone, but it’s a compelling game on psvr2

I wasn't referencing Walking Dead as it's admittedly one of the newer Single-A games, but on that note, the recommended spec for Chapter 2 is a Sub-$500 PC while minimum would be more like $200-$300. Hell you can outperform PS5 itself with a brand new $700 3060 PC if you follow sales. Used Quest 1's are routinely less than $100 and Quest 2's can be had for $150 if you find a good deal. While you're right it's not as quite as good, it is like half the price for anyone looking play a bunch of indie VR games (or the dirt simple games that run and look fine on the mobile chipsets). To reiterate, I don't foresee anyone dropping $1100 (or even $600 if we assume they already own PS5's) to play stuff like Walking Dead.

Last edited:
I wasn't referencing Walking Dead as it's admittedly one of the newer Single-A games, but on that note, the recommended spec for Chapter 2 is an ~$500 PC while minimum would be more like $300. Used Quest 1's are routinely less than $100 and Quest 2's can be had for $150 if you find a good deal. While you're right it's not as quite as good, it is like half the price for anyone looking play a bunch of indie VR games (or the dirt simple games that run and look fine on the mobile chipsets).

In the context of high end exclusives (GT7, Horizon, RE8), the additional good indie games that have released make the launch lineup compelling though

Just because I COULD get a cheaper (and worse) headset, does not invalidate the value as a whole or make the total lineup less compelling

Crayon

Yeah this is the fact OP is conveniently ignoring or omitting. 95% of this list is at least 1-2 years old (some exceeding half a decade), and have been available on at least 3 other VR "platforms" for that time (including PSVR itself). There are only like 5 or 6 genuine PSVR2 "exclusives" we know about, 3 of which are either VR modes tacked onto existing catalog titles or remasters of PSVR1 games. Horizon, GT7, and the RE's (whatever RE4's "VR content" turns out to be) are the only games anyone looking to buy a $600 peripheral cares about. Ain't nobody buying this shit for Beat Saber or a bunch of catalog Indie PCVR ports. Anyone who gives one iota of a fuck about that stuff can run it on a $50 headset off Craigslist, you'd have to be retarded to buy a $500 console and $600 headset to play it.

Maybe you should pick another one of the lineups and apply the same standard. See how they compare. That was kinda the idea of the thread.

Reallink

In the context of high end exclusives (GT7, Horizon, RE8), the additional good indie games that have released make the launch lineup compelling though

Just because I COULD get a cheaper (and worse) headset, does not invalidate the value as a whole or make the total lineup less compelling

Problem is, at this price point, the vast majority of their audience is likely to be enthusiasts who already own (multiple) PC headsets, PSVR1, and/or Quests. Ergo there is little to no value in the filler, most already have access to it.

Maybe you should pick another one of the lineups and apply the same standard. See how they compare. That was kinda the idea of the thread.

I would gladly take any of the other lineups over PSVR2's, excepting Wii U. Horizon and RE4's (side content?) are the only games I expect to play for the first year+, as I've already played through Village in VR, don't care for Gran Turismo, and have a PC that will runs circles around PS5 with forward compatibility to much better headsets (i.e. I'm not buying games that will be locked to PSVR2 when I can buy them where they'll work on vastly superior Index 2's, Quest 4's, etc...)

Last edited:
Problem is, at this price point, the vast majority of their audience is likely to be enthusiasts who already own (multiple) PC headsets, PSVR1, and/or Quests. Ergo there is little to no value in the filler, most already have access to it.

Not really. I have PSVR1 and haven’t played much of the launch lineup simply because of the hassle factor and hardware/controls not being good enough

SLB1904

Banned
You just pulling shit out if your ass

I've already played through Village in VR,
You played an half assed mod. Not a proper VR version.

Last edited:

Crayon

I would gladly take any of the other lineups over PSVR2's, excepting Wii U. Horizon and RE4's (side content?) are the only games I expect to play for the first year+, as I've already played through Village in VR, don't care for Gran Turismo, and have a PC that will runs circles around PS5 with forward compatibility to much better headsets (i.e. I'm not buying games that will be locked to PSVR2 when I can buy them where they'll work on vastly superior Index 2's, Quest 4's, etc...)

Well at least it's better than the Wii u lol.

Are you sure about that Xbox series, though? Cuz your criteria would knock every single game off that list.

Reallink

Well at least it's better than the Wii u lol.

Are you sure about that Xbox series, though? Cuz your criteria would knock every single game off that list.

Yeah you're right, I haven't bought a single Series game aside from that first Christmas when Target had that bogo deal where you could get Valhalla and Immortal for like $20 together. My old PC at the time was par or slightly slower than SX, I regret buying them for it, I probably would have bought some of the Valhalla DLCs if I had the PC version. Game ran and looked like shit on SX.

Last edited:

Crayon

Yeah you're right, I haven't bought a single Series game aside from that first Christmas when Target had that bogo deal where you could buy Valhalla and Immortal for like $20 together.

My ps5 came home with demons souls and after that I was like... guess I'll check out that bugsnax lol. Weird that the new consoles should effectively have better launches because the cross gen games were pretty significant upgrades and the full backwards compatibility, but that was horribly offset and more by the dearth of dedicated games. It's really different than the past. Someone called it "the lost generation" and it kinda feels that way. If I didn't have the cash to upgrade, I would have been perfectly happy with my base ps4 even now.

Top Bottom