• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge |OT| Now With April's Big Apple

Krathoon

I would not mind reading the original comic to see how it all started. Really, the cartoon polished the comic. It improved on the formula.

Ozzie666

I don't think it's crazy to be on a lot of people GOTY, it's an extremely solid package. Yes it's 2D Sprites, yes it's not for everyone. But either is Elden Ring. The heart and passion into this project is insane, such a labor of love, true to the source and also something modern. I know people might be harsh on the knew theme, Faith no more, are you kidding me. So good.

I don't expect it to win, but I hope they get paid financially well and make some well earned bank. Such a strange world we live in to get games like this, Streets of Rage 4, Final Vendetta.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I would definitely spring for a physical copy of this one. Not certain if the PC box version has DRM or not. They got it on a USB stick.

6 player is total mayhem and Iove it. Online I do get a bug a lot where everyone is invisible... super annoying that one because you have to leave the party then.

Krathoon

Wasn't the 2014 movie kind of more mature take on TMNT? I will have to watch it some time.

Last edited:

TexMex

6 trophies to go for the plat.

Incredible game. My expectations were sky high and it has exceeded all of them. What a fucking game. Lots of games promise to deliver on retro nostalgia and I’ve never played one that nails it like this. #3 GOTY for me so far.

AREYOUOKAY?

I can only hope that Disney will allow these guys to use the X-Men license someday considering how 6 players was a big deal for it at the arcades. Consider the following
They have a new show based off the 1992 show and most of the original voice actors are returning. That series has tons of material to work with so it's now or never Dotemu and Marvel / Disney.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just finished playing episodes 10-14 with my son. We went with Donnie and Mikey. Got kinda late, so we decided to hold off until tomorrow to finish it. The game is amazing and we’re having a ton of fun. No pretentious bullshit, just non-stop adrenaline pumping action.

Tams

Gold Member
The Switch physical version is selling for almost twice the price and going on sale until 25th August here in Japan.

And the only bonuses are a soundtrack CD and what looks like a shitty diorama.

Glad I got the digital version for a change.

Nydius

Although it hits all the right nostalgia beats I haven’t been able to finish a single multiplayer session of this on Xbox Series X without encountering the invisible characters bug (*), the disappearing boss bug (*), game freezing, or crashing between levels. It’s happened in both private, invite only, groups and in public random matchmaking.

Since coop is the primary draw, these bugs are inexcusable and until they’re fixed I can’t personally rate the game any higher than a 6/10.
Fix these gamebreaking bugs and it would be a 8/10. Solo and local coop, easily an 8/10. But online needs some patching.

The game also needs some visual filters like scan lines or CRT emulation because the pixel art on larger screens is really jarring. Also, this taunt mechanic to build up ninja power is easily exploitable and really annoying when you join a public game and all the players keep spamming taunt in between EACH damn fight.

(*) Not my videos but shows what I mean regarding the bugs. I've had the invisible characters issue happen on multiple levels.

Wohc

Banned
Just finished it. Great game i had lots of fun. Would be an easy 9/10, but the lvl 15 boss music made it a 8/10.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I went with the PC version because you can put it on a laptop. Seemed the most portable.
All versions seem identical. They just use different servers.

DryvBy

I would not mind reading the original comic to see how it all started. Really, the cartoon polished the comic. It improved on the formula.
The comic I snagged these from were based on episodes 1 and 2 of season 2 of the 80s cartoon.

Does anyone know if the Limited Run Games Vinyl Soundtrack comes with a Digital Code? Their website doesn't seem to say and Google isn't getting me anywhere.

Bigfroth

I enjoyed the 2012 series
IlC0oEY.jpg
I enjoyed the 2012 series

Last edited:

Needlecrash

I can only hope that Disney will allow these guys to use the X-Men license someday considering how 6 players was a big deal for it at the arcades. Consider the following
They have a new show based off the 1992 show and most of the original voice actors are returning. That series has tons of material to work with so it's now or never Dotemu and Marvel / Disney.
With the exception of Cyclops' VA who passed away and Alyson Court (Jubilee) they got everyone back from the original series.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Just beat the story mode with April. It's a good game and hopefully they add more content to down the line.
1st priority a scanlines option. Game looks HIDEOUS on a big screen without it.

Ristifer

[/URL]
Hold on, what? How have I not heard about this?!

Labolas

Beat the story mode twice over. Played as April and Raph. Pretty damn good and fun game. The game is definitely a labor of love for '90s Turtles and you tell that they care about what they were putting into the game. However I do feel like the game isn't good as SOR4 and is a bit shallow in comparison. All the characters basically play the same. I have to say that the human character designs didn't throw me off until I saw Shredder, his upper body looks bigger than his lower half. That's not a huge issue for me, but it was something I noticed. Outside that, pixel art and animation is great. The soundtrack is pretty good as well, the Ghostface and Rae track being the standout. Overall, I say it's worth getting if you're a Turtles fan or a Beatemup fan.

The Stig

Ive got a reprint. It's very different. Much darker. I want to put spoilers in here so bad but I wont.

edit:
For example, they literally murder the shredder in the first issue. Though he does return later IIRC

Last edited:

Calverz

I’m getting a lot of freezing for around 5 seconds at a time. Only see this while playing with more than one locally.

YCoCg

OMG.jpg

Interesting that you cut half of my sentence.
Because it's been answered before, in some comics she's been trained fully, however if you actually played the game instead of crying over a single woman character you'd see her fighting style isn't ninja like and more grab/brawl style with TV equipment like cameras, mic boons, etc.

Now why don't you give the game a go and find out why we're all having fun?

Fuz

Banned
Because it's been answered before, in some comics she's been trained fully, however if you actually played the game instead of crying over a single woman character you'd see her fighting style isn't ninja like and more grab/brawl style with TV equipment like cameras, mic boons, etc.

Now why don't you give the game a go and find out why we're all having fun?
Why don't you calm the fuck down, kid, and think why my post even had gasp a first part that you conveniently glossed upon?

in some comics she's been trained fully
See, this could have been a nice start instead of all that retarded angry kid aggressivity.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Why don't you calm the fuck down, kid, and think why my post even had gasp a first part that you conveniently glossed upon?
Your post started with "Son of a Bitch" because you're upset you can't see cartoon cleavage. I don't think I'm the one who needs to be calm here. 🤣

Fuz

Banned
Your post started with "Son of a Bitch" because you're upset you can't see cartoon cleavage. I don't think I'm the one who needs to be calm here. 🤣
You're obviously uncapable of discerning humour, little angry kid. Get tested.

Top Bottom