• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge |OT| Now With April's Big Apple

DryvBy

16kiwCK.jpg

shJu2dt.jpg

eY03l8A.jpg

DTOzVsO.jpg

pL3fsIW.jpg

Pi7cLAy.jpg

yeBMxJL.jpg

yEDgj9b.jpg

RU8Q2wQ.jpg

For reference to this OT: Mutants in Manhattan OT
REVIEW THREAD - Current rating is Strong on OpenCritic

This game is available for PC, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One / Series S|X, Switch.
It's also on GamePass if you read this stupid comic.

The official Trailer:

Thabass

Great thread. I beat it yesterday by myself and then played some multiplayer with some friends. It's really a great game and a great a lot of time and effort into the game. I just love how you can do combos off the wall and even continue doing them even after the enemy dies. I even managed to cheese an achievement by getting 250 hit combo by comboing a member of the Foot against a wall.

This game is fun. Can't wait to go through and play with all the other characters now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My wife isn't much of a gamer, outside of playing thousands of hours of Animal Crossing on her Switch. But she's like me and grew up with the Turtles arcade game, the shitty first NES game, and the eventual good home console games.

Me: "there's a new Ninja Turtles game coming out, it's styled like the old 80s cartoon and it's an arcade style brawler"
Her: "dibs on Donatello"

We played for a few hours yesterday and had a blast. Probably the first game that's come out in the past 5 or so years that we've both enjoyed.

MiguelItUp

Solid OT OP! I haven't played too much yet, but man, does it look and feel so damn good. As a child I absolutely adored TMNT, toys, VHSs, games, hell even bed sheets! I was all about it. This game checks all the boxes in the best way, definitely feels like the most passionate TMNT game we've seen in YEARS.

Hoppa

We need a poll for best turtle.
I always see people gravitating toward Donatelo which I always found interesting for some reason. I thought Michelangelo would easily be the most popular because hes such a time capsule of what was a ‘cool’ character in the 80s/90s

kubricks

If you have kids, buy this game NOW!
This has been the single best video games I ever played together with my 12yo, 10yo and 6yo kids.

The game strike a great balance on gameplay, while my 6 years old girl can simply enjoy hitting things in colorful environment via button mashing, her brothers was trying to get as much combo hit as possible and somehow we are getting through the game without issue. Even my wife put down her phone and wants a try too which does not happen very often.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Good job on the OT.

We got through Episode 9 last night, we'll probably beat the remainder of the story mode tonight so we can unlock Casey. I'm curious if the Punk Frogs are, or will be, unlockable playable characters at some point?

Pejo

Fired up the game on my lunch break and played through the first level as Donnie. They really nailed the gameplay so far, there's lots of mix & match combo stuff you can do, there's always plenty of misc stuff to interact with in the stages.

My biggest takeaway is just how good the backroll/cartwheel button is. It really adds a lot to being able to position yourself or avoid bigger hits. The whole thing feels like a labor of love though, very impressive.

I wish the enemies had a bit more health but I'm sure that it'll increase as the game goes on. Plus I'm only playing on normal right now, I can always try hard mode later.

Love that there's a world map in the Turtle Van.

KO7

I have a PS5 waiting for pickup at Bestbuy (tomorrow), and this is my most anticipated game for now. Loved the old school TMNT games and really enjoyed the Streets of Rage revival.

DryvBy

I have a PS5 waiting for pickup at Bestbuy (tomorrow), and this is my most anticipated game for now. Loved the old school TMNT games and really enjoyed the Streets of Rage revival.

It's really great. We've been watching the 80s/90s cartoon due to this.

Reactions: KO7

Tams

Gold Member
I'm finding it quite hard, this sort of game isn't really my thing, it's hard to keep track of where your character is in multiplayer with more than three players (especially with such small areas), and I must be getting old as remembering 21 different button combinations is not going well for me.

But it's still really fun, and holy balls nostalgia! with that opening!

Last edited:
If you have kids, buy this game NOW!
This has been the single best video games I ever played together with my 12yo, 10yo and 6yo kids.

The game strike a great balance on gameplay, while my 6 years old girl can simply enjoy hitting things in colorful environment via button mashing, her brothers was trying to get as much combo hit as possible and somehow we are getting through the game without issue. Even my wife put down her phone and wants a try too which does not happen very often.

Totally agree, my kids have been asking to play all morning.

Downloaded today and good to go for 4 player coop with our family. See how it goes. Blast from the past with those 4 player arcade cabinet days.

saintjules

Great OT, OP!

Been having a busy week but hope to get a chance to play it after the weekend.

Last edited:

Krathoon

It was great that they did a little cartoon before the title page. I liked the different animation style and music.
It stays true to the original, but also updates it.

Last edited:

YCoCg

I'm finding it quite hard, this sort of game isn't really my thing, it's hard to keep track of where your character is in multiplayer with more than three players (especially with such small areas), and I must be getting old as remembering 21 different button combinations is not going well for me.

But it's still really fun, and holy balls nostalgia! with that opening!
Tapping L2/LT in co-op highlights your character with an arrow.

Krathoon

I had a weird thing with my laptop where it did not output the game right to the TV when I closed it. Might be a Steam thing.
Other stuff has worked properly when I do that.

Top Bottom