• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Reveal trailer

BlackTron

I didn't realize there was such a furor over April. My opinion would be...who cares, it's a game?

I'm trying to imagine if anyone would have been outraged if the old Aladdin game let you unlock playable Jasmine, with all the same abilities as Aladdin. Would they be retconning the movie? No, they just stuck a character in a video game...why does it have to MEAN something lol.

Anyone that outraged over this has already lost touch with the spirit of the 80s, when you wouldn't have cared one way or another about it!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Is April replacing one of the Turtles in the game?

No?

Then...
Angry Harrison Ford GIF

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully this game has a Roguelite survival mode like SoR4. I can't wait to get this game, love the turtles beat em up since I was like 6. Turtles 3 Manhattan project should be remastered and brought to modern platforms ffs.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Wait a sec...people are actually upset that April O'Neal is a playable character?

She's had Kunoichi training in several of the TMNT revisions. Heck, she even had some minor psychic abilities in the 2012 show.

She's an extra character and isn't replacing any of the four brothers. Don't worry...it's a sure thing that either Master Splinter, Casey Jones, or both of them will be in the final game roster. :)

kAKESbX.jpg

Last edited:

zweifuss

The big heads are not a design decision I would have gone with and it's disappointing they lifted her animation straight from some beloved street fighter characters but this game looks so good regardless of all that. Can't wait to play it next year.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Wait a sec...people are actually upset that April O'Neal is a playable character?

She's had Kunoichi training in several of the TMNT revisions. Heck, she even had some minor psychic abilities in the 2012 show.

She's an extra character and isn't replacing any of the four brothers. Don't worry...it's a sure thing that either Master Splinter, Casey Jones, or both of them will be in the final game roster. :)

kAKESbX.jpg

I like april and casey Jones.... So is welcome to me.

I have not Problem with april 🙂

I really can't wait for this to come out. I love TMNT beat 'em ups, so this is a no-brainer for me. Also, I actually love the artstyle. It reminds me of a GBA game.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
No game is going to bring me the specific type of joy that only TMNT game can give me. If the foundations are solid, I am going to fall in love.

Make sure to read the current TMNT comic "The Last Ronin" for a Dark Knight Returns take on the TMNT. Only five issues, with the fifth & final issue releasing next month.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
There's stupid amounts of sprite work in that game for playable characters alone.

Who's next?
Casey Jones is a great suggestion Werewolf Jones Werewolf Jones

I would also think Metalhead would be a good choice as well.

I fondly remember the hot rodding teenagers from dimension x episode and actually think the Neutinos would be an interesting addition.

Just adding as much content and as many characters as possible would be excellent!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
this game is taking wayyy too long
Agreed. There should be a law about announcing a game more than a year before it's release date.

Dr Bass

I reaaaally dislike how squat all the characters look. I'll probably still get it, but the classic arcade game had better sprite design by a country mile. I seriously don't know how you screw that up with such a long history of actually good turtle design, not to mention whatever happened to April.

Last edited:

Hardensoul

It really seems some people are just getting mad about this for the performance outrage audience on YouTube.

She's not replacing one of the Turtles, so what the fuck is the problem?
At first I had no complaints, but why does April look like a midget? Thought she’d be taller than the turtles.

I guess the longer this release date is dragged out and more videos release, people will find more faults in the game.

But I’ll still want to play it, I like the way it looks and plays. It scratches that 16 bit nostalgia itch! 😍

Xenon

What they should have done is make the April character slower and weaker than the mutated turtles making beating the game harder with her, thus recommended for hardcore gamers only.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love

Thank you for posting this! ❤️

Master Splinter looks amazing, and it's making it even harder to wait for this game. (I do hope Casey Jones can still make it in!) Even if not, I'm definitely preordering it for XBox Series X the moment it becomes available. :)

saintjules

Thank you for posting this! ❤️

Master Splinter looks amazing, and it's making it even harder to wait for this game. (I do hope Casey Jones can still make it in!) Even if not, I'm definitely preordering it for XBox Series X the moment it becomes available. :)

Absolutely :) Come to think of it, Splinter was never a playable character in any of the games right?

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks OK, definitely something to look forward for when it's on SALE. Unfortunately smaller models removed this game from my DAY 0 list. April should be a fun choice for all 2 female tmnt fans, so I have nothing against it. The more the merrier...

Rayderism

Maybe it's just because I'm older and grew up playing pixel art games on a CRT TV, but I really hope they give this game a decent CRT filter. Pixel art games look weird to me without it.

bender

What time is it?

kAKESbX.jpg

But she is a girl.

200.gif

Top Bottom