• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team17 buys up Astragon Entertainment for €100 million

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Team17 has announced that it's acquiring video game publisher and developer Astragon Entertainment for the price of €100 million (about $114.6 million).

While Team17 has become well-known for developing and publishing games like Overcooked 2 and Hell Let Loose, Astragon's kept a lower profile pumping out "sophisticated simulation software" like Bus Simulator, Police Simulator, Construction Simulator, and more. This purchase will be executed with a cash payment of €75 million, with an additional consideration of €25 million to follow.

The acquisition seems aimed at getting Team17 and its partners into the simulation software business. It's a popular market on PC, with games like Farming Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator also raking in cash.

Team17 CEO Debbie Bestwick explained how the acquisition can additionally boost Team17's business. "With the addition of StoryToys and the expansion of our Games Label, which includes the recently acquired USA based ‘The Label’ and now Astragon, we have significantly expanded Team17’s appeal to the widest ever cross section of gamers, spanning multiple genres and age groups," she wrote in a statement.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
I think I have seen this name multiple times, still don't know who they are. And all the times I mistakenly tried to connect them with Ever17.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think I have seen this name multiple times, still don't know who they are. And all the times I mistakenly tried to connect them with Ever17.

Team17_IP_2015-1.jpg

Developer turned publisher, made worms.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Very little, certainly not enough to know who made it
Ah then I guess it's understandable. Worms games are cool, specially for local multiplayer, they even have a hot-seat mode.

If you ever feel curious check out Worms Armaggedon or Worms World Party, they are the best imho.

Ozzie666

I cannot believe they have this kind of money. I mean they peaked in 1993, then released mostly just Worms games for a decade or something after that. Were they just sitting on pile s of cash? Time to bring back and spinoff some of their classics. Maybe they are looking to get bought out too.

Top Bottom