• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Xbox is Back to the 360 Era

I fully agree with this view also. But Gamepass is a win for both views from a pure value standpoint unless you love a game so much that you choose to buy it outright anyway, something I do often.

If you're that guy that goes for maybe those 1 or 2 big releases for the year and nothing else, gamepass works in that scenario also. I view gamepass' monthly cost as so insignificant so as to basically make it $0 in my eyes. So to me I don't see it as me paying $180 a year. It feels more like $0 per year. In any given month I spend significantly more than that $15 on any number of things I probably didn't have to, but simply wanted to spend it on. So why not $15 a month for my favorite possible hobby?
Except you cannot play everything on gamepass

Vasto

In real world no one cares about halo anymore. Sorry

Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Last edited:
I fully agree with this view also. But Gamepass is a win for both views from a pure value standpoint unless you love a game so much that you choose to buy it outright anyway, something I do often.

If you're that guy that goes for maybe those 1 or 2 big releases for the year and nothing else, gamepass works in that scenario also. I view gamepass' monthly cost as so insignificant so as to basically make it $0 in my eyes. So to me I don't see it as me paying $180 a year. It feels more like $0 per year. In any given month I spend significantly more than that $15 on any number of things I probably didn't have to, but simply wanted to spend it on. So why not $15 a month for my favorite possible hobby?
If a guy play only 2 big releases every year, he probably don't care about services. He just wanna play his 2 big releases on day one and that's ok. If his favourite game is in the service, maybe he will sign. Else, he will buy. If Hades or Flight Simulator are big releases for him, probably he played in 2020.

The point is, Forza Horizon 5 is definetely a big release for gamepass. Stalker 2 could be too. We still don't have sufficient gameplay about the others. If some of these future releases like Starfield will have the same quality as Sony's first party games, Microsoft could reach a big step for gamers preference.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You and I must be living in different worlds because they are far from that output right now. Unless you're just going on hype and announce projects that are not proven yet because a lot of those games that are coming on now we're much stronger during that era. And they had better exclusives which is one of the reasons I personally bought one because I'm not a biased person I just go over the games are and if there's enough then I will be there.

At the time they had infinite on discovery, tales of hesperia, Lost Odyssey all in a very short span of time. One of those was a major flop but the other ones were solid and then they had more solid iterations of their current portfolio which isn't as proven anymore so the way you define your argument might suit your own person on these but it's not the reality.

ZehDon

Not everyone plays more than 6 games a year and not every plays games day 1. Gamepass would be more expensive for me. Money is not a issue for me at all I'm a grown man an adult with wife and kid buying a few games away won't make me lose my house. In fact Gamepass would be more expensive for my gaming habits, as I usually okay like 4-6 games a year. And not all of those games I play day 1. For example must have games like Monster Hunter I'd pay full price and day 1, but unfortunately that's not a type of games that's on Gamepass day 1. Then I also buy games on sale not cause I'm a cheap ass it's because I haven't got around to the game and by the time I want to play said game it's under £15. So people saying Gamepass saves a ton of money it's talking out there ass.

If I got Monster Hunter and I already paid for 6 months of Gamepass my sub would be wasted as I'm busy with monster hunter as I had to pay for it. Let's say for example Monster Hunter did come out on gamepass day 1, that would still be a waste of money because I played Monster Hunter non stop for a year and no other game. With a Gamepass sub that would near enough cost the same as just buying it, but instead of owning it only when I'm subbed I can keep it forever and sell it.

So you people who keep bragging about Gamepass need to calm down not everyone is a child with a ton of spare time and low on cash. There are middle aged men who have less time as they have jobs and families to spend time with and have expendable cash to buy games once in a while.
What an odd post.

First it was "Gamepass has no games!".
Then it was "PSNow has more games than Gamepass!".
Then it was "Gamepass only has bad games!".
Then it was "Gamepass isn't sustainable!".
Then it was "Gamepass causes a loss in sales!". Fun fact: it actually increased spending.
And now we've moved on to "Gamepass doesn't save you money! Its for children with lots of time!".

An annual Gamepass Ultimate subscription - which works across both my PC and my Xbox - costs AUD$15.95 per month. That's AUD$191.40 per year - cheaper if you bulk buy. Brand new PS5 games cost AUD$125.00. You mentioned spending less than £15 on a game - that's about AUD$27.00. So, for an entire year of Gamepass Ultimate on both my Xbox and PC, I can buy 1 full price PS5 game and 2-3 cheap games some time after launch. Microsoft are looking to provide one major release to Gamepass each month - either third or first party - in addition to lots of smaller games. So, at a minimum, that's 12 major releases a year. So, even if you only play 4 games a year, then Gamepass is still cheaper. Gamepass saves a huge amount of money if you're interested in what it provides. The idea that people are talking out of their ass when they say it saves money is just you talking out of your ass - you have to create laughably specific scenarios that apply to only to you and then extrapolate for an entire population. If your main argument against Gamepass is "I can't play all the games on it!" then you don't really have much to argue against, do you? If you don't want to subscribe, then don't subscribe - but please don't pretend the people who do subscribe have been "had".

If you're not keen on subscriptions, no problem, they're not for everyone. If you're not keen on Xbox's games, no problem, every one has preferences and opinions. If you're just not keen on tying yourself to an online infrastructure via downloading games, no problem, I completely understand. But this type of argument? This is just... sad.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What an odd post.

Then it was "Gamepass causes a loss in sales!". Fun fact: it actually increased spending.
And now we've moved on to "Gamepass doesn't save you money! Its for children with lots of time!".

An annual Gamepass Ultimate subscription - which works across both my PC and my Xbox - costs AUD$15.95 per month. That's AUD$191.40 per year - cheaper if you bulk buy. Brand new PS5 games cost AUD$125.00. You mentioned spending less than £15 on a game - that's about AUD$27.00. So, for an entire year of Gamepass Ultimate on both my Xbox and PC, I can buy 1 full price PS5 game and 2-3 cheap games some time after launch. Microsoft are looking to provide one major release to Gamepass each month - either third or first party - in addition to lots of smaller games. So, at a minimum, that's 12 major releases a year. So, even if you only play 4 games a year, then Gamepass is still cheaper. Gamepass saves a huge amount of money if you're interested in what it provides. The idea that people are talking out of their ass when they say it saves money is just you talking out of your ass - you have to create laughably specific scenarios that apply to only to you and then extrapolate for an entire population. If your main argument against Gamepass is "I can't play all the games on it!" then you don't really have much to argue against, do you? If you don't want to subscribe, then don't subscribe - but please don't pretend the people who do subscribe have been "had".

If you're not keen on subscriptions, no problem, they're not for everyone. If you're not keen on Xbox's games, no problem, every one has preferences and opinions. If you're just not keen on tying yourself to an online infrastructure via downloading games, no problem, I completely understand. But this type of argument? This is just... sad.
Yup. Subs arent for everyone.

For any naysayers out there, I bet many of them will have at least one of the following despite being able to buy the content piecemeal as "I own it!!!"

- Netflix, Hulu, and whatever other streaming tv/movie services are available in their country
- Spotify
- Cable TV. That's a monthly sub too. And guess what? A lot of that content you can buy too as DVD or BR sets or digital downloads

If youre a sub hater, then it means you don't do any of the above and buy every tv show, movie and song. You can if you want.

Last edited:

Neil Young

I am quite happy!
How dare you!

Christ, people LOVE to shit on a good time. My favorite from this thread.... "There are no next gen games coming out." Followed by " Well, Flight SIM is coming next month. ". With the INCREDIBLE response of
Flight Sim is not something that appeals to most gamers. It's a flight sim. Not taking anything away from that, but it's extremely niche and can we even classify this as much of a game?
Holy shit! It doesn't hurt to say " you're right, I forgot about that one" rather than have a response like this. You know, what am I thinking, maybe this is right, it's NOT much of a game....also, The Last of Us 2 was a lesbian murder simulator, not much of a game.

S0ULZB0URNE

This^^was fucking stupid.

No. I'm just good at reading the signs. As you said, Sony is currently the market leader, and for good reason. They've got great games. But they aren't the only ones now. Not anymore. And that kind of shift brings change. You'll see...
Who else got the good games now? Nintendo?

AGRacing

Gold Member
Yes, I'm a big Playstation fan and I usually talk a lot of trash about xbox, but Xbox killed it at E3. Without Sony being there Xbox had all eyes on them and they delivered
I'm in this camp 100%. I do have a PS5, but very excited to own an XSX and a great PC this generation. Microsoft is killing it. The weird denials of that fact are kind of sad to watch.

S0ULZB0URNE

Yup. Subs arent for everyone.

For any naysayers out there, I bet many of them will have at least one of the following despite being able to buy the content piecemeal as "I own it!!!"

- Netflix, Hulu, and whatever other streaming tv/movie services are available in their country
- Spotify
- Cable TV. That's a monthly sub too. And guess what? A lot of that content you can buy too as DVD or BR sets or digital downloads

If youre a sub hater, then it means you don't do any of the above and buy every tv show, movie and song. You can if you want.
Those services are a totally different market and should never be compared.
Game Pass isn't for everyone,where is the love for the majority who don't care about it?
From the numbers most gamers could care less and much more XB players are subscribed to Gold.
If they push it to hard they will hurt not help there own business.(be dumb to bite the hand that feeds you)
We saw a glimpse of the outrage when MS tried doubling Gold's price and push people to GP.

Ultimately ....
I am a fan of non game rental subs but like the option to sign up for them if my way of gaming changes. 🤷‍♂️

Fredrik

Well, I just hope this also trigger Sony to go into reaction mode instead of arrogant mode. That’s when the good stuff will happen.

I want a new digital event within 2 weeks max.

I want Playstation Pass unveiled;
$10/month, all 1st party games day one

Playstation Plus Pro
$15/month, PS Plus included, all 1st party games there too, Ubi+ included

Then I want a Gran Turismo side title, Gran Turismo Offroad, with open world offroad racing, 60fps.

God of War Ragnarök gameplay trailer.

Horizon Forbidden West free demo.

PS VR 2 update, AAA 1st party studios aboard, PC connection to Steam VR.

Jak 4

Last edited:

Klayzer

God, I love the Xguys annual Microsoft is on a different level now after E3 boasting. No fanbase drinks the Kool-Aid with such zeal as these cats do.

I remember reading this gen was supposed to be different than the last before it got started. Nothing's changed, we have the same posters predicting shit they hope will happen. I guess we will find out next year, I suppose.

Not everyone plays more than 6 games a year and not every plays games day 1. Gamepass would be more expensive for me. Money is not a issue for me at all I'm a grown man an adult with wife and kid buying a few games away won't make me lose my house. In fact Gamepass would be more expensive for my gaming habits, as I usually okay like 4-6 games a year. And not all of those games I play day 1. For example must have games like Monster Hunter I'd pay full price and day 1, but unfortunately that's not a type of games that's on Gamepass day 1. Then I also buy games on sale not cause I'm a cheap ass it's because I haven't got around to the game and by the time I want to play said game it's under £15. So people saying Gamepass saves a ton of money it's talking out there ass.

If I got Monster Hunter and I already paid for 6 months of Gamepass my sub would be wasted as I'm busy with monster hunter as I had to pay for it. Let's say for example Monster Hunter did come out on gamepass day 1, that would still be a waste of money because I played Monster Hunter non stop for a year and no other game. With a Gamepass sub that would near enough cost the same as just buying it, but instead of owning it only when I'm subbed I can keep it forever and sell it.

So you people who keep bragging about Gamepass need to calm down not everyone is a child with a ton of spare time and low on cash. There are middle aged men who have less time as they have jobs and families to spend time with and have expendable cash to buy games once in a while.
Ok, but this situation is a outlier here. People that discuss about new games in forums usually play games too. Maybe not a tons of games, but sure more than 1 in a year.

It's more reasonable to say: "oh, i prefer Sony or Nintendo first-party games, and sometimes i enjoy some ps plus games or buy some third-party that are not in any service". It's not a tons of games, but sufficient for many.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
FIFY. Great games but genre diversity would be nice.

God of War: 3rd person
TLoU: 3rd person
The Last Guardian: 3rd person
Horizon: 3rd person
Days Gone: 3rd Person
Ghosts of Tshushima: 3rd person
Uncharted: 3rd person
Infamous: 3rd Person
Spiderman: 3rd person

They don't call it the 3rdPersonStation for nothing. Would like to see reboots on Killzone and Resistance.
3rd person isn't a genre, or is this a joke Lol

FIFY. Great games but genre diversity would be nice.

God of War: 3rd person
TLoU: 3rd person
The Last Guardian: 3rd person
Horizon: 3rd person
Days Gone: 3rd Person
Ghosts of Tshushima: 3rd person
Uncharted: 3rd person
Infamous: 3rd Person
Spiderman: 3rd person

They don't call it the 3rdPersonStation for nothing. Would like to see reboots on Killzone and Resistance.
Resogun: 3rd person
Gran Turismo Sport: 3rd person
Driveclub: 3rd person
Until Dawn: 3rd person
Dreams: 3rd person
Iron Man VR: 3rd person

Zeroing

Banned
Carve what you wrote in stone and let everyone worship ! Praise!!!
xbox 360 days are gone, just like neogaf old days are gone, you can literally praise Sony but it's a crime to be praising xbox, lol.
It’s not illegal! What’s illegal is not following the guidelines of the forum and thus getting banned.

Zeroing

Banned
also have you all noticed that even on a thread about Xbox, most of you still manage to bring Sony and PlayStation even if it to try to make silly jokes?

Love/hate relationship - it’s a bait, leave it ;)

MonarchJT

Banned
360 had next gen only launch games

360 had a genre and generating defining next gen game with gears of war in year 1

Xbox Series has had nothing and won’t have any next gen titles until 2-3 years into the gen

arguably their most anticipated game (halo) is also their most dated one. It looks to be little changed from halo 3 in many core respects

the jury is still out on starfield
It already have (the medium) soon will be flight sim.....then Forza 5
try again warrior )

Synless

It already have (the medium) soon will be flight sim.....then Forza 5
try again warrior )
Nothing that poster did was false. Your listing 3 games, finally coming one year later and one of them is multi platform on PS5…. What is warrior about listing truth about a very stark difference between 360 and series x? It’s not in the same ballpark.

MonarchJT

Banned
Nothing that poster did was false. Your listing 3 games, finally coming one year later and one of them is multi platform on PS5…. What is warrior about listing truth about a very stark difference between 360 and series x? It’s not in the same ballpark.
Xbox have the better hw, the biggest first party studios between them Sony and Nintendo, a super successful service, the bigger user reach/base already of the big 3 , is integrating everything into the world's most famous operating system. Xbox has never been so active and with so many advantages over the competition and not wanting to see this advantage is like putting two slices of ham in front of your eyes and saying it's not happening.

Last edited:

Synless

Xbox have the better hw, the biggest first party studios between them Sony and Nintendo, a super successful service, the bigger user reach/base already of the big 3 , is integrating everything into the world's most famous operating system. Xbox has never been so active and with so many advantages over the competition and not wanting to see this advantage is like putting two slices of ham in front of your eyes and saying it's not happening.
I love the potential too, but it’s not fully realized. Gamepass is great, but there still isn’t a single next gen first party game on Xbox, we are 8 months in. Sorry, calling this the crowing return to the 360 era of Microsoft dominance is not appropriate, nor is it accurate.

Tommi84

Can we wait for some MEANINGFUL gameplay for most of those games? They are years away :D

Scalebound was also going to be awesome! ;)

Xbox 360 was transitional stage.

This is final form.
Nope

The 360 era was amazing and changed the way we play video games on console as well as delivered amazing new franchises like Gears of war

Series X/S is pushing a rental service, an amazing rental service but it is what it is. I am a game pass subscribers and I am happy with what I saw from the showcase but let’s not get crazy comparing this gen to the 360 yet.

ZywyPL

Banned
Sort of. X360 was the moment when MS saw, hell, dictated the future, they knew online is where the industry is heading and went all-in into it, with a bang from day one. Now tho they are more cautious, but they are indeed once again seeing where the industry is moving, and are again leading that front. They are also once again top-notch when it comes to hardware and software as well.

Don't forget the "wow factor", MS has none of it, NONE!

Last edited:
Nope

The 360 era was amazing and changed the way we play video games on console as well as delivered amazing new franchises like Gears of war

Series X/S is pushing a rental service, an amazing rental service but it is what it is. I am a game pass subscribers and I am happy with what I saw from the showcase but let’s not get crazy comparing this gen to the 360 yet.

This gen will have higher no of new franchises.

Even the most hard-core of Xbox fans will call BS at that thread title.

Either OP doesn't know what Xbox is or he's on some heavy medication that's imparing any rational thought.

There is no way on God's green earth that the this generation is any way comparible to 360. 360 launched with actual next gen games and it was the only time Xbox had put serious pressure on PlayStation to the point we had Xbox execs actively trolling PS on social media at every chance they got and for good reason. Because they were on top.

Hello Everyone,

Xbox's E3 has concluded. As we all know the internet has always created this myth of Xbox having no games. While that may have been true a few years ago, the last 2-3 years of studio purchases and new games/ip announcements have started to really showcase with what's happening over at Team Xbox. This thread is not being made to upset or piss anyone of, it's simply a thread too really sit down and take a look at a bigger picture of where Team Xbox is going and what is happening over the course of the next few years. I personally think the E3 show was quite solid considering what the developers were able to announce and show to the world after a horrible last year. While I didn't get too see all the games I truly wanted to see such as Everwild, Perfect Dark and Fable. I was still quite convinced that I liked where Xbox was going forward.

Game Pass continues to really impress and the amount of new games announced today also was content enough for me. For a show that had to deal with Coronavirus over the last year, I give the developers MASSIVE RESPECTS for their hard work and the will to keep going, props to the devs. Granted, if coronavirus did not happen, you could take everything in this thread and minus it by 1 or 1.5 years, but such is life. Looking over at this list here, makes me extremely happy. This generation of gaming already seems much more exciting than the start of 2013 with the PS4/X1. The lineup below really reminds me of the 360 era in some shape or form. You have a ton of RPGs coming out such as Elder Scrolls 6, Fable Starfield, Awoved and The Outer Worlds 2. Plenty of FPS games with Halo Infinite, Perfect Dark (assuming its FPS) and of course Redfall.

The release date windows are MY personal predictions. Let's take a peek.

Exclusive 1st Party Titles

1. Halo Infinite: Cross-gen Holiday 2021
  2. Forza Horizon 5: Cross-gen - November 9th, 2021
  3. Grounded: Cross-gen - July 28th, 2020
  4. Scorn: Next Gen Only Fall 2021 (MS Funded after Kickstarter, but NOT a 1st party studio)
  5. Flight Simulator Next Gen Only July 27th, 2021 (Out on PC)
  6. Psychonauts 2 Cross-Gen August 25th, 2021 (No PS5 Version, ONLY Series X but for Sony PS4 - not a true exclusive, but an exclusive in a different way, a black sheep)
  7. Age of Empires IV PC Only October 28th, 2021
  8. Starfield: Next Gen Only November 11th 2022
  9. Redfall: Next Gen Only Summer 2022
  10. State of Decay 3: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  11. Awoved: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  12. Fable: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  13. The Outer Worlds 2: Next Gen Only TBA 2024/2025
  14. Perfect Dark: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  15. Hellblade II: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  16. Everwild: Next Gen Only TBA 2024/2025
  17. Gears 6: Next Gen Only TBA 2024/2025
  18. Elder Scrolls 6: Next Gen Only TBA 2024/2025
  19. Contraband: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  20. Indiana Jones Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  21. Forza Motorsport Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
Timed Exclusives

1. Warhammer 40K: Darktide: Next Gen Only 2021
  2. The Gunk: Cross-gen September 2021
  3. 12 Minutes: Cross-gen August 19th , 2021
  4. The Medium: Next Gen Only January 28th, 2021
  5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Next Gen Only April 28th, 2022
  6. The Ascent Next Gen Only July 28th, 200212
I am probably missing a few games, but these are top of my head. If I missed any timed exclusives or exclusives. Please let me know and I hope this gives people here a list too look forward too and see how the line up is shaping up. I think its quite diverse and has a lot of good and exciting games for many different kinds of people. I am quite happy!
You have a lot as 23/24 but I'm thinking some of those could appear 22.

Top Bottom