• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Xbox is Back to the 360 Era

Hello Everyone,

Xbox's E3 has concluded. As we all know the internet has always created this myth of Xbox having no games. While that may have been true a few years ago, the last 2-3 years of studio purchases and new games/ip announcements have started to really showcase with what's happening over at Team Xbox. This thread is not being made to upset or piss anyone of, it's simply a thread too really sit down and take a look at a bigger picture of where Team Xbox is going and what is happening over the course of the next few years. I personally think the E3 show was quite solid considering what the developers were able to announce and show to the world after a horrible last year. While I didn't get too see all the games I truly wanted to see such as Everwild, Perfect Dark and Fable. I was still quite convinced that I liked where Xbox was going forward.

Game Pass continues to really impress and the amount of new games announced today also was content enough for me. For a show that had to deal with Coronavirus over the last year, I give the developers MASSIVE RESPECTS for their hard work and the will to keep going, props to the devs. Granted, if coronavirus did not happen, you could take everything in this thread and minus it by 1 or 1.5 years, but such is life. Looking over at this list here, makes me extremely happy. This generation of gaming already seems much more exciting than the start of 2013 with the PS4/X1. The lineup below really reminds me of the 360 era in some shape or form. You have a ton of RPGs coming out such as Elder Scrolls 6, Fable Starfield, Awoved and The Outer Worlds 2. Plenty of FPS games with Halo Infinite, Perfect Dark (assuming its FPS) and of course Redfall.

The release date windows are MY personal predictions. Let's take a peek.

Exclusive 1st Party Titles

1. Halo Infinite: Cross-gen Holiday 2021
  2. Forza Horizon 5: Cross-gen - November 9th, 2021
  3. Grounded: Cross-gen - July 28th, 2020
  4. Scorn: Next Gen Only Fall 2021 (MS Funded after Kickstarter, but NOT a 1st party studio)
  5. Flight Simulator Next Gen Only July 27th, 2021 (Out on PC)
  6. Psychonauts 2 Cross-Gen August 25th, 2021 (No PS5 Version, ONLY Series X but for Sony PS4 - not a true exclusive, but an exclusive in a different way, a black sheep)
  7. Age of Empires IV PC Only October 28th, 2021
  8. Starfield: Next Gen Only November 11th 2022
  9. Redfall: Next Gen Only Summer 2022
  10. State of Decay 3: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  11. Awoved: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  12. Fable: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  13. The Outer Worlds 2: Next Gen Only TBA 2024/2025
  14. Perfect Dark: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  15. Hellblade II: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  16. Everwild: Next Gen Only TBA 2024/2025
  17. Gears 6: Next Gen Only TBA 2024/2025
  18. Elder Scrolls 6: Next Gen Only TBA 2024/2025
  19. Contraband: Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  20. Indiana Jones Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
  21. Forza Motorsport Next Gen Only TBA 2023/2024
Timed Exclusives

1. Warhammer 40K: Darktide: Next Gen Only 2021
  2. The Gunk: Cross-gen September 2021
  3. 12 Minutes: Cross-gen August 19th , 2021
  4. The Medium: Next Gen Only January 28th, 2021
  5. S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Next Gen Only April 28th, 2022
  6. The Ascent Next Gen Only July 28th, 200212
I am probably missing a few games, but these are top of my head. If I missed any timed exclusives or exclusives. Please let me know and I hope this gives people here a list too look forward too and see how the line up is shaping up. I think its quite diverse and has a lot of good and exciting games for many different kinds of people. I am quite happy!

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
jizz in my pants GIF

MS has an advantage by not allocating resources to VR since they don't support it.

PSVR on PS4 by numbers was a failure with a niche base that's still too high priced if you get a bundle.

There was a time VR hype was really high and it was expected on the Scorpio(Xbox One X) until it was removed. MS never looked back.

With that gone and Kinect dead they can literally only release gamer appealing products.

R
we ill never be back to 360 era.
Lost planet, dead rising, gears of war, saints row, prey, oblivion, mass effect, crackdown, edf, halo3, perfect dark, chromehounds,, pgr
And I don't think that's even first 2 years
Releasing a year early jump starting the gen helps with some of that.

You Xbox guys needs to cool down.
Xbox Guys? I own all the systems and love everything that I have. I am actually playing Final Fantasy Origins Trial demo on my PS5 right now and its ace! Much better than what Square showed off at that awful presentation :/

Last edited:
Psychonaut 2 not on ps5? lol ms
Nope. They are allowing it on the PlayStation 4 but not on the PlayStation 5 after Microsoft bought them. Since the game was in development prior to the purchase I guess the contract agreement allowed them to keep the game on other systems. But I guess MS also added a clause on top of that to only release the next-gen premium version only on their system.

360 had next gen only launch games

360 had a genre and generating defining next gen game with gears of war in year 1

Xbox Series has had nothing and won’t have any next gen titles until 2-3 years into the gen

arguably their most anticipated game (halo) is also their most dated one. It looks to be little changed from halo 3 in many core respects

the jury is still out on starfield

GymWolf

360 had next gen only launch games

360 had a genre and generating defining next gen game with gears of war in year 1

Xbox Series has had nothing and won’t have any next gen titles until 2-3 years into the gen

arguably their most anticipated game (halo) is also their most dated one. It looks to be little changed from halo 3 in many core respects

the jury is still out on starfield
You forgot that x360 had condemned as a launch title.

McCarth

The big test for MS won't be having games, they've always had games. They were more reliant on 3rd parties before, but they've always had games.

The issue is getting a lot of very good games, and not just improvements in the new versions of Halo, Gears and PD but the new IPs too. The Starfields, Redfalls, Everwilds and the like need to be better than the Crackdowns, Quantum Breaks and Phantom Dusts of the world.

Last edited:

zcaa0g

Banned
Xbox will do great this generation, much better than last, but will still stay in the shadows of PlayStation due to lacking great 3rd person first party games. PC+PS5 is the way to go.

FIFY. Great games but genre diversity would be nice.

God of War: 3rd person
TLoU: 3rd person
The Last Guardian: 3rd person
Horizon: 3rd person
Days Gone: 3rd Person
Ghosts of Tshushima: 3rd person
Uncharted: 3rd person
Infamous: 3rd Person
Spiderman: 3rd person

They don't call it the 3rdPersonStation for nothing. Would like to see reboots on Killzone and Resistance.

Last edited:

Klayzer

Plus the 360 was the absolute best place to play JPN games like: NG2, Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sanato, Lost Odyssey, etc.

MiguelItUp

360 era? Idon't know about all that, personally.

But they're going in the right direction than where they were with the Xbox One, so that alone is huge. In my eyes it's polar opposite, so it's looking much better for them.

Top Bottom