• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja Knows Fans Want a New Ninja Gaiden.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Nioh 2’s director has revealed that developer Team Ninja is already thinking about making its next game. What’s more, Team Ninja says they’re aware that there is an appetite for more Ninja Gaiden games and that, coincidentally, they’ve been inspired by a recent wave of ninja-themed video games themselves.

Team Ninja is a development cell within Koei Tecmo known for games like Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. During a recent preview event for Nioh 2, IGN was able to sit down with the game’s director, Fumihiko Yasuda, who revealed that the core members of the Nioh 2 dev team worked on Ninja Gaiden, and they want to make a new game soon, maybe another in the ninja-genre.

“The core members of the team that worked on Ninja Gaiden want to make a new game,” said Yasuda. “We are aware that some fans wanted Ninja Gaiden more than Nioh 2. Now we see a lot of ninja games like [Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice] as well, and we see a lot of good inspirations in those games, so we hope to deliver some good news one day.”

While Yasuda doesn’t outright confirm a new Ninja Gaiden game is in development, he does confirm that Team Ninja is aware of the request from fans for a new Ninja Gaiden game and that they have a lot of new ideas about the genre from recent titles.

Yasuda cites From Software’s Sekiro, which was about a ninja swordsman on a mission to rescue his lord from usurpers. And while Yasuda didn’t mention these other games, there are other ninja titles in development like Sucker Punch’s Ghost of Tsushima.

Pejo

You know what I want Team Ninja. mmmm..... give it to me.

source.gif

KàIRóS

Dante vs Bayonetta

Dante vs Ryu

Dante vs Kratos

There is only 1 right answer, make it happen Koei Tecmo.

Kagey K

Banned
It’s good that they know we want it, I hope they also know we actually want it to be good this time. Back to the style of 2, forget 3 and Yaiba even happened.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Only if they make it like Ninja Gaiden(Xbox). That game was a fucking masterpiece. 2 was a major downgrade and 3 was a flat out abomination.

I'm not going to give a shit until they start releasing games on Xbox again, there's literally no reason not to.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I think Razor's Edge is better. It wasn't that long ago when I played all 3 and I had the most fun with RE.
Oof, that is unfortunate. I’m not going to say you are wrong, but it is the worst game in the series and I know it’s subjective but......

You are factually incorrect in your opinion.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
You know what I want Team Ninja. mmmm..... give it to me.

source.gif
A remake of the 3 nes games we need them with Ninja Gaiden black engine. Or at least a collection in switch ps4 and one

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Oof, that is unfortunate. I’m not going to say you are wrong, but it is the worst game in the series and I know it’s subjective but......

You are factually incorrect in your opinion.
No, I'm not lol. You are free to enjoy whatever game you like, I don't judge people's choice of entertainment. But if you want to be factual, then there is factually only one Ninja Gaiden game with Kasumi, which makes it the best by default.

Kagey K

Banned
No, I'm not lol. You are free to enjoy whatever game you like, I don't judge people's choice of entertainment. But if you want to be factual, then there is factually only one Ninja Gaiden game with Kasumi, which makes it the best by default.
Ayane is better anyways.

Seriously though the bone on metal, bone on bone thing in 3 was a distraction and took away from the fluidity of the combat.

Leprech

Yes please
The whole bone breaking thing in the third one didnt work for me but the first two games are legend, especially the combat in the second on holy crap.

mcz117chief

Seriously though the bone on metal thing in 3 was a distraction and took away from the fluidity of the combat.
I am talking about Razor's Edge, not the original 3, which is really bad I absolutely agree. But I do like the improved version of steel on bone mechanic in RE. It is a "high risk high reward" mechanic which I really enjoy pulling off properly.

Shiii, I know what I'm going to play when I get home today. I might go through the whole trilogy again over the weekend.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Now we know that you know.

Does Koei Tecmo know we also want a new Fatal Frame? Please and thank you! 🙏
I’d be happy if they made the Directors cut and Crimson Butterfly backwards compatible with the XB1 and series X. Legitimately the scariest games I’ve ever played, and every October I wish I could play them again.

SleepDoctor

Banned
I wouldn't get hyped over a new NG so soon. This is all just talk right now. Nioh 2 is still not even out.

If we are to get a new NG, expect it in no less than 4 or 5 years minimum.

If it's a big game they will probably need someone to give money for them to do it.

Might be MS(NG1), Sony(Nioh) or Nintendo(Fatal Frame)... Pick a poison.

playstation has more then double the install base and actually sales in japan, why would it be stupid if sony helped fund it? plus it would be playstaion and PC like nioh.

Aion002

playstation has more then double the install base and actually sales in japan, why would it be stupid if sony helped fund it? plus it would be playstaion and PC like nioh.
I completely agree with you. And I did not say that was stupid.

But KT also has a close relation with Nintendo. For me is 50/50 Sony and Nintendo.

MS is a wild card that might show up with bags of money.... However itagaki is not there anymore and they might just ignore it for the sake of their relationship with Sony and Nintendo.

Or someone else could appear, like Sega or Tencent.... Or it could be a smaller game.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you. And I did not say that was stupid.

But KT also has a close relation with Nintendo. For me is 50/50 Sony and Nintendo.

MS is a wild card that might show up with bags of money.... However itagaki is not there anymore and they might just ignore it for the sake of their relationship with Sony and Nintendo.

Or someone else could appear, like Sega or Tencent.... Or it could be a smaller game.

They won't make for nintendo because of the hardware. they are already moving to ps5 and wanna make a new IP.

NG1 over the rest any day!

Tecmo wants to make a new IP on PS5. hopefully it's something similar to ninja gaiden. Nioh was pretty amazing though for me. for me the main character and story sucked, and the end game content sucked as well, just wasn't balanced at all, and required too much grind.

DW74

I’d say get Itagaki back for a reboot of the series.

But that would be like Konami getting Kojima back.

Not happening.

Last edited:

mejin

Tecmo wants to make a new IP on PS5. hopefully it's something similar to ninja gaiden. Nioh was pretty amazing though for me. for me the main character and story sucked, and the end game content sucked as well, just wasn't balanced at all, and required too much grind.

There is no need for a new ip similar to Ninja Gaiden if they want to bring back Ninja Gaiden imo haha

Nioh came out of nowhere, so I hope new ip is really different. Love their gameplays.

There is no need for a new ip similar to Ninja Gaiden if they want to bring back Ninja Gaiden imo haha

Nioh came out of nowhere, so I hope new ip is really different. Love their gameplays.

Aside from a ninja game or samurai what else is team ninja gonna make? i can see them trying to copy sikero now.

Mista

Banned

Watch them copy what FromSoftware are going to do with Elden Ring then..

Top Bottom