• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Yeef said:
I've probably gotten more Bonks than any other weapon. It's weird, because it seems like anytime I wanted a weapon (like Bonk or the Gunboats) I'd never get them and just end up crafting them. Then once I crafted them I'd get them through drops CONSTANTLY.

It's some kind of cruel trick.
Double for me. I actually got a Crit-a-Cola on the first day I started playing TF2 again after I fixed my desktop. It's actually pretty nice.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Jangaroo said:
Double for me. I actually got a Crit-a-Cola on the first day I started playing TF2 again after I fixed my desktop. It's actually pretty nice.

Crit-a-Cola receives a huge thumbs up from me in Arena mode, the only place I dare venture as a Scout. It can steal plenty of First Blood bonuses!

Jangaroo

EvilMario said:
Crit-a-Cola receives a huge thumbs up from me in Arena mode, the only place I dare venture as a Scout. It can steal plenty of First Blood bonuses!
Oh most definitely. Also, I just beat my new spy record on 2fort today. Very pleased with myself considering my utter hatred for this class.

Jangaroo

Inkwell said:
I still haven't gotten a crit-a-cola. I might just craft one because as far as I know I have the spare items.
Save them for the polycount pack. It's not a necessity like say the axetinguisher.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Hopefully that means earning them with a sweet sweet Polycount achievement pack.... I hope we at least get some achievements encouraging use of the new weapons.
Yeah, on one hand, I can stop saving duplicates (unless they change their minds and make them craftable after later on to make me rage). On the other hand, I really hope that they're earnable, otherwise that means more weeks/months of playing where I might not get an item I want, just because the lottery hates me. :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yasae said:
So if I download this.

And I make clips.

You hereby sign not to mute me X Kuro Madoushi

Thanks!
I'M EMPEROR FUCKING PALPATINE AND I HAVE UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many jewels in that mad man's rantings.

"Fuck yeah, I got the rape banner!"

Edit: Had some pretty terrible games for most of the night, but finished off pretty well...

6Doms.jpg

Jangaroo

Blizzard said:
Did they manage to both be dumb and not get muted/banned? Is the story at least funny?
No, not funny. Some user bleeped out a derogatory term and ended up being kicked by Java. Came back and started spouting out stupid lines like "stop being sensitive to words" and such. Good riddance. He got kicked like 3 times but he kept rejoining the server to complain.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
evlcookie said:
I wonder if anyone has emailed Robin the youtube link :lol
DON'T YOU FUCKING TALK WHEN I'M....GIVING FUCKING DIRECTIONS TO GET OWN VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!

Shit...I can't even say what I like the most. Maybe the Emperor Palpatine bit, but there's that one point when he says uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuber chaaaaaaaaaarge that just cracks me the hell up :lol

edit: I just emailed Robin that link now :lol

Yasae

Banned
Kuro Madoushi said:
I'M EMPEROR FUCKING PALPATINE AND I HAVE UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol

But somebody thought I was Wayne Knight when I played that Jurassic Park clip. I don't hear the resemblance there...
Just make a loop of constant sighing and that would be much closer

Holy hell at the violin (1:15.) I'm dying here.

Blizzard

Banned
Jangaroo said:
No, not funny. Some user bleeped out a derogatory term and ended up being kicked by Java. Came back and started spouting out stupid lines like "stop being sensitive to words" and such. Good riddance. He got kicked like 3 times but he kept rejoining the server to complain.
This is why mute/kick the first time, ban for 30 minutes (or permanently) when they come back and act obnoxious, works wonders. :D

Boonoo

Alright now listen up! I'm a whore for TF2 items--that much is clear.

I've made a team for this highlander event for the sole purpose of procuring a medal I'll never wear.

I intend to play as few games as possible; I imagine I'll lose those few games. We won't practice, but by god we'll be organized enough to get to those matches on time.

The matches themselves will be fun, and we'll use mumble. TF2 voicechat hurts my beautiful ears.

If you want to join up I have maybe 5 or 6 slots open.

This team is named The Shit Eating Grins
http://etf2l.org/teams/10853/
(team name subject to change based on whether or not the word shit is allowed)
I don't know how exactly registration works; I'll figure that out as I go. The team is created, so if you want in get yourself registered on the website. http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faq/
and post in the thread that you want on, and I should be able to add you, or you should be able to add yourself, we'll see.

The main point, again, is to acquire these medals. To do that we need a team and we have to show up for matches.

I think it will be great!

Edit! There are some restrictions put on players that have played 6v6 comp TF2, and I'm not really sure how the effect me and other that have played some before. But to be safe! We'll be taking the classes they've laid out as buddy classes--Pyro, Heavy, Engineer or Spy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Boonoo said:

I've made a team for this highlander event for the sole purpose of procuring a medal I'll never wear.

I intend to play as few games as possible; I imagine I'll lose those few games. We won't practice, but by god we'll be organized enough to get to those matches on time.

The matches themselves will be fun, and we'll use mumble. TF2 voicechat hurts my beautiful ears.

I don't know how exactly registration works; I'll figure that out as I go. The team is created, so if you want in get yourself registered on the website. http://etf2l.org/high/highlander-faq/
and post in the thread that you want on, and I should be able to add you, or you should be able to add yourself, we'll see.

The main point, again, is to acquire these medals. To do that we need a team and we have to show up for matches.

Don't see the team listed yet.
Also when are the matches?

Blizzard

Banned
Boonoo said:

I signed up, added myself to the team, and it shows me as not yet accepted/verified on the team. So non-Europe people can play in the tournament?

Boonoo

Team should be up now. Matches, I imagine, will be Sunday early afternoon (that's what a lot of people speculate for american v euro).

I signed up, added myself to the team, and it shows me as not yet accepted/verified on the team. So non-Europe people can play in the tournament?

yeah, we'll be playing euros, but in the early stages since there are enough Americans we'll probably play them.

I wonder how many we have to play to get the participation medal. Oh ho! It's a ladder and not a league, so not too many.

It looks like we can have 14 on the team. I'm saving 2 or 3 spots, but the rest should be open.

Edit again! Me and my baddie comp buddies are all eligible for any class since we're not good enough to matter! So any class open to anyone!

Go ahead an in your posts about getting on the team put your first and second preferred class.

Example!

Boonoo
1) Scout
2) Engineer

Since we're not for too serious classes will be assigned on an ad hoc basis (for free fucking gratis).

Boonoo

We can maybe have a different name.

I lost/won the naming of my 6v6 team, so I'm feeling punchy in the naming department.

We settled on Boots and Glasses

Possible names I threw out and Pet threw away.

The Shit Eating Grins
Wiggly Ladies
Pony Sport Genre

As the team forms up more we can switch names around a bit until we settle on something we all like

Blizzard

Banned
Boonoo said:
We can maybe have a different name.

I lost/won the naming of my 6v6 team, so I'm feeling punchy in the naming department.

We settled on Boots and Glasses

Possible names I threw out and Pet threw away.

The Shit Eating Grins
Wiggly Ladies
Pony Sport Genre

As the team forms up more we can switch names around a bit until we settle on something we all like
Wiggly Ladies could work.

And are you going to accept us to the team soon? ARE YOU?! I'm dyin' here!

(also, in addition to my profile which has these classes registered, I will list them here -- GAFBlizzard, first/second/second preference heavy/medic/pyro)

Javaman

Volcynika said:
I do not enjoy being on the attacking team and the round ending like two minutes before it ACTUALLY SHOULD.

:mad:

Yeah, I've complained about it several times before. Some maps are bugged and end at the 20 min map timer instead of the round timer. Gorge, and upwards are two of them. Unless the map time is manually increased it'll end early cutting off the other team. Pretty retarded.

To prevent it an admin needs to type this.
rcon_password ######
rcon mp_timelimit 0

Jangaroo

Hey Boo, I'd be up for joining the team but I'm kind of wandering as to how long it's going to run. It says it starts on Aug 26th but I'm assuming it'll run past that right? Semester starts real close for me so I probably won't be available past the 28/29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom