• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Asobi next game to be a 3D Action Game with humor

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Team Asobi recently opened a Job Listing for their next game and now we know something about their next game all of this information kind of points towards another Astro game this job listing states “Work centred around Level Design, your role will be to make a variety of levels for a 3D action game, each providing great tempo and creative situations. Your work also includes generating gameplay ideas and supervising their implementation.” and in the responsibilities section it states “Bring creativity and humour to the game.”

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Great team, I’m excited for what they do next. Astrobot for PS5 was truly something special (I still desperately want to play the PSVR game).

Azurro

Banned
I hope it's Gravity Rush 3, but it's not.

If they could make the fighting mechanics fast, precise and entertaining rather than the floaty, slow and boring, as well as have the plot not be generic anime tropes, that'd be great and I'd be all for it...but at that point, you might as well create a new game.

Kuranghi

What kind of humor though? 🤔

Training Humor GIF by JustViral

GuinGuin

Banned
They have a new website. Only real info I see are job listings and a statement that their next game will be their most ambitious.

Whitecrow

Banned
"We are short on staff and our budget is limited, so this game wont be as ambitious as our previous ones"
Said no developer ever.

I'm fine with a full Astrobot game, or a new platformer IP. Would be nice to see a AAA platformer actually compete with mainline Mario games.

Hope it's not VR. Great way to ensure almost no one plays it.

GuinGuin

Banned
So no a new Siren.
Fuck Jim and Hermen.

The dev behind siren had decided to leave Sony before Japan Studio was shut down. The dev behind Last Guardian/SotC had already left. There wasn't much reason to keep Japan Studio open besides Team Asobi.

Top Bottom