• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Shake It Off (Album: 1989, Releasing 28th October)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshair

iY5TjtevpUSDJ.gif

\
slayyy

Tuck

No surprise. She is terrible live. Just terrible.*

*I've never been to her concerts, but I've seen videos of her live before and it sounds awful.

She's never been that good live, but the awkward positioning (looking down) probably didn't help. I thought her Grammys performance of All Too Well wasn't bad (head-banging aside).

Mau ®

Got tickets for the Arlington stop. So excited (even if it's basically a year away lol).

Who else bought tickets?

Oozer3993

Mau ®;137823025 said:
Got tickets for the Arlington stop. So excited (even if it's basically a year away lol).

Who else bought tickets?

After having some problems right when they went on sale and by the time I fixed the problems finding most of the good tickets gone, I decided to risk it and try again in the general public sale next week. Wish me luck.

So after listening to 1989 almost every day for the past week or so, I think Red is better. That said, it's still a great album.

Favourites:
Blank Space
Style
Out of the Woods
Clean
Wonderland

Album is a odd one, its very different but still good.

I'm about half and half on songs i love and songs i don't like much.

That being said New Romantics is like fooking incredible. Fell in love with it so much

Shake it Off and Out of the Woods are the only good songs on the entire album.

At certain times she does a bad impression of Imogen Heap and other times she's trying to be Miley Cyrus. I really tried to give this album a chance, but it's just generic electro-pop all around. Disappointed.

Bladenic

Shake it Off and Out of the Woods are the only good songs on the entire album.

At certain times she does a bad impression of Imogen Heap and other times she's trying to be Miley Cyrus. I really tried to give this album a chance, but it's just generic electro-pop all around. Disappointed.

LMAO at MILEY and electro pop

Schedule that ear appointment pronto

forrest

formerly nacire
Didn't she do some work with Imogen recently? That's what my wife was mentioning. I'm not really up on Taylor Swift, but I love me some Imogen Heap. If they are working together, then that says a lot about Taylor's skills imo.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Anyone notice the goat or something in the Blank Space video? That has to be intentional.

ibsJ9YJV9mmRmw.jpg
There are all sorts of animals in it. I actually hadn't noticed the goat or whatever by that point.

Didn't she do some work with Imogen recently? That's what my wife was mentioning. I'm not really up on Taylor Swift, but I love me some Imogen Heap. If they are working together, then that says a lot about Taylor's skills imo.
They wrote "Clean" together.

Oozer3993

Blank Space is #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, making Taylor the first woman in the 56 year history of the chart to replace herself at #1 (Shake It Off was #1 last week) and only the 10th artist ever to do it.

Also 1989 has now passed 2 million copies sold in the US alone.

She will be the headliner for the Victoria's Secret Fashion show in December and will perform Blank Space on the AMAs on Sunday and the Voice on Tuesday.

And last, but not least, the Blank Space Experience App. For Android or iOS.

Swag

Listened to this album last week, I was pleasantly surprised, never took myself for much of a T Swift fan.

But damn she has some catchy hooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom