• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R

SantaC

I heard they're pretty decent Tales games, so why isn't Bamco porting these to steam/switch? I cant believe theyre gatekeeping decent games on a dead platform; I know Innocence R isnt localized but there is a translation patch in the works.

I just dont want to cash up major money for an used Vita to play these games. Makes no sense.

anthony2690

Banned
I personally thought tales of hearts r was awful...
Edit: awful is a bit extreme, but I just found it boring and couldn't bring myself to play anymore, I think I was nearly 20 hours in, if that.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I heard they're pretty decent Tales games, so why isn't Bamco porting these to steam/switch? I cant believe theyre gatekeeping decent games on a dead platform; I know Innocence R isnt localized but there is a translation patch in the works.

I just dont want to cash up major money for an used Vita to play these games. Makes no sense.

I think the answer is pretty simple, Bamco are... when it comes to ports to PC quite simply put... you would be hard pressed to find a big publisher that is worse at it than they are, although with Tales of Arise I will freely admit I think there finally "getting it".

Both of the issues with the titles you mentioned is one is a PS Vita title and the other is a PS3 title. The latter is particularly important because the only PS3 title I believe Bamco have ported to PC was the HD remaster of Tales of Symphonia... which was terrible and I gave up even trying to play it on PC it was that bad.

TLDR Bamco are crap at porting in the first place and these titles would both be significantly harder to do given there original release hardware.

Last edited:

BlakeofT

My hope is that Arise did well on Steam and they start porting more of the old games either to Steam and other current platforms. All I can do is hope and buy the games that are already available.

I never played these and would like to on Ps4/ps5, and Switch. Matter of fact, would also love port/remasters of the ps2 tales games I never played, and since I am port begging, give us rereleases of Symphonia 1 and 2, Graces F, Xillia 1 and 2 as well.

SantaC

I think the answer is pretty simple, Bamco are... when it comes to ports to PC quite simply put... you would be hard pressed to find a big publisher that is worse at it than they are, although with Tales of Arise I will freely admit I think there finally "getting it".

Both of the issues with the titles you mentioned is one is a PS Vita title and the other is a PS3 title. The latter is particularly important because the only PS3 title I believe Bamco have ported to PC was the HD remaster of Tales of Symphonia... which was terrible and I gave up even trying to play it on PC it was that bad.

TLDR Bamco are crap at porting in the first place and these titles would both be significantly harder to do given there original release hardware.
Both hearts r and innocense r are vita exclusives. No ps3 title.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Both hearts r and innocense r are vita exclusives. No ps3 title.

Thanks I was getting one mixed up with Tales of Grace's in my head for some reason, given the limited porting from Vita and some of the more unique "quirks" of the console. The fact Bamco have a poor track record on relatively simple console to PC ports I'm still enclined to believe there just not up to it, not for cheap anyway.

Last edited:

Paltheos

They've made progress before then. Zestiria was their first attempt and they locked that game at 30fps for - as is apparent in retrospect - one instance of a softlock that could have been worked around, where the game is easily capable of 60fps and ultrawidescreen (and a few other features I can't be arsed to remember off the top of my head). Berseria was technically an improvement though although it.. has been a while, so I don't remember if you had the same array of PC options in that game as you do in Arise.

That Symphonia port though. Whoo-boy. Yeah, that was ugly. They didn't even get the button prompts right - they somehow mixed Playstation and XBox button prompts in one setting.

Shouta

Not sure about Innocence but Hearts R kind of sucks compared to the original. They did add a ton of new stuff to Hearts R, on top of two new characters, but it feels really generic compared to the game its based on. Aerial combat in the 3D Tales games didn't really work well until Arise IMO, so it just felt blah to play. The graphics didn't really help either since it went from pretty nice 2D to really generic 3D.

SkylineRKR

Hearts R isn't that great. I have it on Vita, though I sold my Vita ages ago. But its still tied to my account. I think I played till the halfway point or something, its kinda boring.

Top Bottom