• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Arise - The Sprite of Adventure Trailer

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

giphy.gif

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've seen some older fans say Namco has toned down the weeb elements in an effort to appeal to the western market.

But this still looks extremely anime to me? Lol. Looks good.

Danjin44

Tales was always "anime" even more than other JRPGs out there.

Fujishima the manga artist behind "Oh my Goddess!" was one of the main artist for the series.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I've seen some older fans say Namco has toned down the weeb elements in an effort to appeal to the western market.

I dont think that was what was wrong with the past few Tales games. the biggest problem is they just looked and felt cheap. This one is oozing quality so far.

Merkades

While I can certainly enjoy the game as is, I am really hoping there will be a mod or ReShade setting that can help remove some of that painted background look. Hopefully it is just a filter than can be removed.

Danjin44

So they used the same cutscene style from Scarlet Nexus for the Skits in Arise instead of 2D art, this one is really going to divide the fans.
I personally don’t mind because I like the fact the costume your character wears would show in those cutscenes just like in Scarlet Nexus.

Last edited:
I really want to like this. I just haven't cared for Tales combat. I've finished Graces f, Xillia and Vesperia, but gave up halfway through Bersaria. There's too much complexities, yet they never seem to matter anyway since mashing buttons is all that's required.

I wish this series could pull a Yakuza and go turn-based. But, I'll still definitely keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I really want to like this. I just haven't cared for Tales combat. I've finished Graces f, Xillia and Vesperia, but gave up halfway through Bersaria. There's too much complexities, yet they never seem to matter anyway since mashing buttons is all that's required.
In games like Bayonetta, you can button mash if you want but its more fun to get good at the combat and pull off combos with purpose.

I wish this series could pull a Yakuza and go turn-based. But, I'll still definitely keep an eye on it.
I LOVE turn based combat but same way I don't want SMT and Dragon Quest turn in to action RPG, I don't want Tales game to be turn based RPG, that not what I'm looking for in Tales games.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Only played Graces F before and didn't really like it to be honest. Awful characters, art direction and story.

However, Arise does appeal to me and I'll probably give it a shot.

Elios83

This is the first Tales of game that looks promising to me since....Vesperia?
Looking forward to it, if it has good reviews I'm buying it.

Top Bottom