• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Arise Demo PS5/PS4 Frame Rate Test.

Amiga

Graphics mode has a 45fps average. could benefit from a 120Hz compatibility mode like Ratchet and Clank and give us stable 40fps.

Plenty of games could achieve 40 in their full fidelity mode. Arise is one of them.

Edit:

Adding platform comparisons by ElAnalistaDeBits:

Xbox One: 972p ~35FPS
Xbox One X: 1872p ~35FPS
PS4: 1080p ~35FPS
PS4 Pro: 1440p ~35FPS
Series S: 1440p ~45FPS & 1080p 60FPS
Series X: 2160p ~50FPS & 1620p 60FPS
PS5: 2160p ~45FPS & 1620p 60FPS

All versions have the framerate unlocked except for the Nextgen consoles FPS mode, which is kept at 60FPS. - Xbox Series X averages 15FPS higher than PS5 in quality mode. An 1800p 60FPS mode on this platform would have been perfect. - It would be a good decision to offer a locked mode at 30FPS (especially on oldgen consoles). - Slightly faster loading times on PS5. - The PS4 and Xbox One versions have cutouts in the textures and some shadows. - Its artistic section of the best of the year. A lovely use of the Unreal Engine.

FWIW this is a test of the demo. final game could have different resolution scaling and locked 30fps.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
I still don't get why the LOD distance is the same on PS4 and PS5.
Something tells me UE4 is not optimized for next gen consoles as of now.
I suspect it's more this game which is not optimized well on ps5. In general UE4 works wonderful on new generation.

Last edited:

Fbh

Why the hell wouldn't they lock the Fps to 30 on the Ps4 version?

I still don't get why the LOD distance is the same on PS4 and PS5.
Something tells me UE4 is not optimized for next gen consoles as of now.

Are there direct comparison screenshots between Ps4 and Ps5?
This kinda reeks of a low effort next gen port. Just increase framerate and resolution and call it a day.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So I should cancel my preorder? I buy the Tales games, but I only put in half the time it takes to finish. I finish most JRPGs I’ve played since the late 90’s. This caught my interest due to the graphics. What I am reading here isn’t good.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
What do you mean? The combat is fantastic in my opinion, which biggest part of Tales series.
It was in the other thread, but I read a lot of people complaining about the voices, the way they sorta “watched battles play out”, and just read a bunch of negative thoughts about how it’s just the same game. Which I do realize. A long time ago there was a Kotaku article about how each game is like a different flavor Gum drop. They’re all wrapped the same way, but they all have something that makes them unique.

With that said. I ask that if anyone else was willing to tell me that it was good because Id definitely like to finish this one. If the frame rate suffered then that would be a huge -1 for me based on what interested me in this entry.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It was in the other thread, but I read a lot of people complaining about the voices, the way they sorta “watched battles play out”, and just read a bunch of negative thoughts about how it’s just the same game. Which I do realize. A long time ago there was a Kotaku article about how each game is like a different flavor Gum drop. They’re all wrapped the same way, but they all have something that makes them unique.
Well there is a demo, play it and see how the game is.....I mean IT IS aTales game, if you are expecting entirely different game then yeah you are gonna be disappointed.

Amiga

Why the hell wouldn't they lock the Fps to 30 on the Ps4 version?

Are there direct comparison screenshots between Ps4 and Ps5?
This kinda reeks of a low effort next gen port. Just increase framerate and resolution and call it a day.
added another video and info.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Well there is a demo, play it and see how the game is.....I mean IT IS aTales game, if you are expecting entirely different game then yeah you are gonna be disappointed.
Ok. Yeah, I didn’t bother with Scarlet Nexus demo and I beat that game. I enjoyed it. I just haven’t been in the mood to try another demo. I sorta wanted to just get it. I just wanted some honest truth. Trying a demo is the best way to judge rather or not you’ll like it. It just isn’t necessary all the time.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ok. Yeah, I didn’t bother with Scarlet Nexus demo and I beat that game. I enjoyed it. I just haven’t been in the mood to try another demo. I sorta wanted to just get it. I just wanted some honest truth. Trying a demo is the best way to judge rather or not you’ll like it. It just isn’t necessary all the time.
In my opinion you should trust own taste in games and try the demo and see if YOU like the game or not instead of trusting other people's taste, but that just me.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
In my opinion you should trust own taste in games and try the demo and see if YOU like the game or not instead of trusting other people's taste, but that just me.
True. There are also people here with experience in the JRPG genre that might enlighten me more too.

graywolf323

Gold Member
Series S: 1440p ~45FPS & 1080p 60FPS
Series X: 2160p ~50FPS & 1620p 60FPS
PS5: 2160p ~45FPS & 1620p 60FPS

All versions have the framerate unlocked except for the Nextgen consoles FPS mode, which is kept at 60FPS. - Xbox Series X averages 15FPS higher than PS5 in quality mode.

okay I'm a bit confused by this, that only looks to be 5FPS higher not 15?

Top Bottom