• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two to buy FarmVille maker Zynga in deal valued at $12.7 billion

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.reuters.com/markets/dea...a-an-enterprise-value-127-billion-2022-01-10/

Video game maker Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (TTWO.O) will acquire mobile game maker Zynga Inc in a cash-and-stock deal at an enterprise value of nearly $12.7 billion, the companies said on Monday.

Take-Two said it would acquire all the outstanding shares of Zynga at $9.86 per share. Shares of Zynga rose 40.2% to $8.89 in trading before the bell on Monday.

The price represents a premium of 64.4% to Zynga's last close. The equity value of the deal is $11.04 billion, according to Reuters calculations.

The deal is expected to close by the end of June.

Creates one of the largest publicly traded interactive entertainment companies in the world, with $6.1 billion in trailing twelve-month pro-forma Net Bookings for the period ended September 30, 2021

Transaction expected to deliver approximately $100 million of annual cost synergies within the first two years after closing, and more than $500 million of annual Net Bookings opportunities over time.

cormack12

Gold Member
First MS now Zynga who have their fortunes change when the jinx leaves

66-Mattrick.jpg
fortnite-outfit-arcane-jinx.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member
I thought mattrick left zynga years ago?

thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

Left MS in 2013, took them 7 years to get the Xbox Series out
Left Zynga in 2015, 6 years later major buyout

"Zynga's shares jumped 10.4 percent on the day the news was made public and another 5.9 percent in after-hours trading following the official announcement. On his first quarterly financial earnings call with Zynga, on July 25, 2013, Mattrick predicted volatility for the company over the coming 6 months to one year, stating a need to "get back to basics" and "take a longer term view on our products and business."

"By 2015, Zynga was struggling to make the intended gains in the mobile market and had seen its share prices fall. On April 8, 2015, it was announced that Mattrick had resigned as Zynga's CEO, "effective immediately"

I'm sure this is so we can actually get GTA:SA HD, Remastered Enhanced Edition done properly

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Pretty huge. If anyone wondered where that GTA Online money was going, here you are.

Never heard of Farmville, never heard if its developers.

I'm really losing touch with todays gaming industry.

Farmville hype was 12 years ago but still has active whales. Zynga make an assload of mobile and Facebook games, I wouldn't even put them in the same breath as "gaming industry", but as a business they're huge.

Zynga to develop the next Carnival Games as free to play.
Farmville hype was 12 years ago but still has active whales. Zynga make an assload of mobile and Facebook games, I wouldn't even put them in the same breath as "gaming industry", but as a business they're huge.
They are, but so is pachinko (thinking about Konami).

If this is a gold rush it's bad news for the rest of their business.

Last edited:

Deerock71

I must be truly ignorant of how big Farmville is. All I know about it is I've heard of it.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Is Framville a thing yet? I mean it was in 20xx (my mon, girlfriend, friends, etc etc all played it) when I was in the university lol
After that I never head again about it.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I suspect this not because they want to make a new farmville, what they want is the expertise from the developers who know how to create a game that consistantly seperates people from their money as they play.

They will be thinking about how they can get people to pay for fuel in GTA Online with real money etc, perhaps how to help get an existing franchise on mobile with excessive pay walling but still have it be popular.

Last edited:

kyoji

Pretty funny after there was so much 'concern' shown for a trillion dollar company like Microsoft buying Bethesda, and then fucking Take Two just go and spend double on Zynga.
I think whats most funny about this is people think only MS is capable of making these type purchases.. clearly this isnt the case, as most of us knew already.

jakinov

Never heard of Farmville, never heard if its developers.

I'm really losing touch with todays gaming industry.
Farmville was a cultural phenonmon years ago. Not really a "hardcore gaming" kind of thing. It's become a part of pop culture where you'll get people refering to it directly or refering to playing a farm game.

Why doesn't someone fucking buy Konami and bring those IPs back into circulation as AAA games.
If you are going to buy Konami for the price they are at. The values comes from whatever those machines are called.

isual

i know my mom played the heck out of farmvillle. what the heck happened to all these games on FB? seems like you can't even play them anymore?

Ps5ProFoSho

Farmville 4K 60fps. YAAASS
No but really I hope consoles get a good online poker game so I can ruin my life gambling

Last edited:
Farmville was a cultural phenonmon years ago. Not really a "hardcore gaming" kind of thing. It's become a part of pop culture where you'll get people refering to it directly or refering to playing a farm game.

If you are going to buy Konami for the price they are at. The values comes from whatever those machines are called.

6.57 Billion

Top Bottom