• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Q4 FY13 Results + Conference Call at 4:30 p.m. ET

Why can't levine do it? If the content is essentially already done it won't really require much effort. If Sony is paying for it (they are), I don't see why they couldn't do it. But if they don't want to do it, Sony can just get somebody like high impact games to do it.

Levine already seems to be working on his next project. And he mentioned at E3 that Bioshock Vita would be new and built from the ground up for the system. So, I don't know if the scrapped content from that would work. We saw some of it, and it was all obviously Infinite.

The best choice would probably be someone like Sony Bend. But they're probably busy with the next Uncharted for the Vita. I think that they'd want to get a really respected developer to make it just so interest doesn't drop off when their name is announced.

UrbanRats

"Extensive pipeline of unannounced core titles in development for multiple platforms, including next-gen consoles."

"Numerous titles in development for mobile and online platforms, which range from core gaming to mobile and social experiences."

I'm sorry, these quotes suck.

Hopefully one of them is Agent and the other is Bully 2.

Corto

Levine already seems to be working on his next project. And he mentioned at E3 that Bioshock Vita would be new and built from the ground up for the system. So, I don't know if the scrapped content from that would work. We saw some of it, and it was all obviously Infinite.

The best choice would probably be someone like Sony Bend. But they're probably busy with the next Uncharted for the Vita. I think that they'd want to get a really respected developer to make it just so interest doesn't drop off when their name is announced.

The moment I read there was a Tower Defense-like multiplayer mode that was cancelled from Infinite it felt like that would be a great fit for a Vita Bioshock game. A different take on the IP for a different platform, and a great genre for gaming on-the-go. Now, I really think this game is dead. Won't happen.

BD1

Banned
I'm surprised the WWE game isn't going to be on Wii U.

Although, after Madden got nixed on the platform, I guess nothing is really surprising.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Oh, where did you get that from?

When Ken said it was from the ground up, he meant it would be for the Vita, it wouldn't be Infinite ported to Vita, it would be a new game, new city, new characters, and all of that.

I really do hope he pushes for this game to be made. And Sony pays them to make it good, if it's necessary.

Saty

Worst call ever.

I don't get how companies reporting their business in this industry. They don't go to specifics, they don't give platform breakaway for anything, hardly give sale figures that aren't shipped numbers and they shoot down any question about those specifics.

How am i supposed to make educated investments with that level of info? Everybody is at the mercy of pubs' or the NPD' 'benevolence' to share some hard-figures on each title.

Why go through all the trouble when you can just use the cut content. It being built from the ground up sounds cool but unless it's from a really good developer, I don't think it'll be good. The cut content is already made and was developed by an amazing developer. Why risk letting somebody else do it (which could potentially damage the IP)? Using the cut content would be a better move Imo.

The moment I read there was a Tower Defense-like multiplayer mode that was cancelled from Infinite it felt like that would be a great fit for a Vita Bioshock game. A different take on the IP for a different platform, and a great genre for gaming on-the-go. Now, I really think this game is dead. Won't happen.
Ugh, If this is part of the cut content they have laying on a hard drive somewhere, I guess it could be good. I definitely wouldn't want a entire game based off of that concept though.

Meelow

Banned
Is Take 2 and Bethesda the only publishers to not have released anything for Wii U and have no plans to do so?

NBA 2K13 was released on Wii U.

Bethesdia never gave a game to a Nintendo console, but when someone asked if the Wii U would get the Wolfenstein The New Order, they didn't confirm nor deny a Wii U version.

Takao

Banned

Bethesdia never gave a game to a Nintendo console, but when someone asked if the Wii U would get the Wolfenstein The New Order, they didn't confirm nor deny a Wii U version.

They gave Wii this classic:

8UeJSHX.jpg

I don't think they have anything in store for Wii U due to The Evil Within's platforms.

I HIGHLY doubt it's coming, it's just not worth the effort Imo. I doubt the people who are buying a wiiu this fall (when Mario drops) are going to be interested in wolfenstein anyway. It's definitely not coming.

megamerican

There should really be some ramifications for analysts giving out wild speculation as fact. Claiming a game cost $200 million with nothing to back that up can make a successful game appear to be a failure and damage that publisher / developer.

Meelow

Banned
They gave Wii this classic:

8UeJSHX.jpg

I don't think they have anything in store for Wii U due to The Evil Within's platforms.

I honestly never heard of that game until now lol.

I HIGHLY doubt it's coming, it's just not worth the effort Imo. I doubt the people who are buying a wiiu this fall (when Mario drops) are going to be interested in wolfenstein anyway. It's definitely not coming.

You could kinda say the same thing for PS4/720, why should people buy a PS4/720 for a game that's already on the PS3/360 if they are only interested in that, and if they are interested in the PS4/720 the game will probably be competing with Sony and Microsoft heavy hitters.

So technically Wolfenstein only has a chance to be a success on PS3/360/PC

I'm going to wait until Bethesdia confirms what platforms = next gen for the game.

UrbanRats

Worst call ever.

I don't get how companies reporting their business in this industry. They don't go to specifics, they don't give platform breakaway for anything, hardly give sale figures that aren't shipped numbers and they shoot down any question about those specifics.

How am i supposed to make educated investments with that level of info? Everybody is at the mercy of pubs' or the NPD' 'benevolence' to share some hard-figures on each title.

Do NPD even include digital sales?

jcm

Worst call ever.

Publishers report shipped numbers because that's the number they know, and that's the number that generates their revenue.

AOC83

Banned
You could kinda say the same thing for PS4/720, why should people buy a PS4/720 for a game that's already on the PS3/360 if they are only interested in that, and if they are interested in the PS4/720 the game will probably be competing with Sony and Microsoft heavy hitters.

So technically Wolfenstein only has a chance to be a success on PS3/360/PC

I'm going to wait until Bethesdia confirms what platforms = next gen for the game.

Because it will be superior on PS4/720. Simple as that.

Top Bottom