• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiwan Accuses WHO of Failing to Heed Warning of Coronavirus Human-to-Human Transmission

cryptoadam

Banned

Taiwanese health officials have accused the World Health Organization of failing to communicate the country’s warning in December regarding possible human-to-human transmission of the Wuhan coronavirus, the Financial Times reported Friday.

The officials said doctors in Taiwan had learned from their colleagues in mainland China that medical staff were falling ill from the as-yet unnamed coronavirus, a sign of human-to-human transmission that Taiwan says it passed on to the WHO and Chinese authorities on December 31. However, the WHO did not communicate the information with other nations.

China forbids international organizations of which it is a member, such as the WHO, from recognizing Taiwan as a member in its own right. Chinese health authorities confirmed human-t0-human transmission of the coronavirus on January 20.

“While the [WHO] provides a platform for all countries to share information on the epidemic and their response, none of the information shared by our country’s [Centers for Disease Control] is being put up there,” said Taiwan’s vice president Chen Chien-jen. Chen is an epidemiologist who was Taiwan’s health minister during the 2002-2003 SARS outbreak.

“The WHO could not obtain first-hand information to study and judge whether there was human-to-human transmission of Covid-19,” Chen said. “This led it to announce human-to-human transmission with a delay, and an opportunity to raise the alert level both in China and the wider world was lost.”

Responding to the accusations, the WHO said it needed to “hold frank and open discussions on sometimes sensitive issues” which “requires that we respect the confidentiality of such communications.”

Taiwan only has 135 cases and 2 deaths. Even though the CCP cruelly blocks them from the WHO, all though it seems that measures worked out great for Taiwan.

Cato

Banned
China is Asshoe

It is the fucking country that runs organ harvesting vans and just dissects people and take their organs without even giving them anesthetics, because it could damage the organs.
They have a whole apparatus set up to harvest organs from minorities and "wrongthinkers" such as falungong members.

Why do you think the waiting list for kidneys in china is in the matter of hours while it is in the order of many months in the west?
Falungong members and organ harvesting vans, that is why.

Then they build concentration camps for other minorities and have ethnic chineese men move in with the minority women "to help them better understand how great china is" while their men are in labor camps.

China is one of the most openly and brutaly pure evil countries in human history. And the left love them because TDS.
Pure evil country which we should never have interactions with again.

It is the fucking country that runs organ harvesting vans and just dissects people and take their organs without even giving them anesthetics, because it could damage the organs.
They have a whole apparatus set up to harvest organs from minorities and "wrongthinkers" such as falungong members.

Why do you think the waiting list for kidneys in china is in the matter of hours while it is in the order of many months in the west?

Then they build concentration camps for other minorities and have ethnic chineese men move in with the minority women "to help them better understand how great china is" while their men are in labor camps.

China is one of the most openly and brutaly pure evil countries in human history. And the left love them because TDS.
Pure evil country which we should never have interactions with again.
Chairman Tickles Chairman Tickles SHAKING in his BOOTS right now!

While I don't really give a crap about China, this part is actually ingenious. Tell me, what use is there from violent convicts, deathrow inmates in USA? There ain't no use.
Why not use their organs for something good?

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
While I don't really give a crap about China, this part is actually ingenious. Tell me, what use is there from violent convicts, deathrow inmates in USA? There ain't no use.
violent convicts and death row inmates are the same thing, and should be harvested for their organs?

I’m really glad we don’t all live in dum-dum world.

Papa

Banned

All of a sudden you’ve created an incentive for the state to falsely imprison people so that their organs can be harvested for party officials.

You gormless fool.

Cato

Banned
All of a sudden you’ve created an incentive for the state to falsely imprison people so that their organs can be harvested for party officials.

You gormless fool.

If we had that system, Steve Jobs would not have had to die!

You gormless fool.
I'm all up for using inmate organs for good causes. From death row murderers and murder/rapist/pedo lifers as well.

Cato

Banned

You gormless fool.

It is almost like you have read "the jigsaw man" by larry niven.
Slippery slope here we go. Ride it like the waterslide at disneyland.

EDIT: sometimes I feel like the great sf authors don't make things up in their mind so much than that they unbeknownst to them have a precog gift that allows them to see the actual future when they dream.

Last edited:
Top Bottom