• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock – New comparison screenshots between original 1994 version and Unreal Engine 4 Remake

CyberPanda

Banned
Nightdive Studios has released some new comparison screenshots between the original 1994 version and the upcoming Unreal Engine 4 remake of System Shock. These screenshots showcase the visual improvements – and perhaps slight changes to the environments – that will be featured in the upcoming remake.

Nightdive Studios appears to be doing great progress overall and while there is no ETA at this point, the remake levels feel great (and they aren’t outdated as some would have thought after the game’s development hell).

Unfortunately, there isn’t currently any ETA on when System Shock Remake will come out. What this means is that we may see this remake in 2020 so it may take a while until we get our hands on it.

System Shock promises to be a proper remake/remaster of the first System Shock game. After the release of the Unity Engine demo – and after dropping the Unity Engine in favour of Unreal Engine 4 – Nightdive Studios lost its way as it tried to remake and alter some gameplay mechanics. After a big backlash, though, the team decided to abandon those plans and instead create a high quality game that adheres closely to the vision of the original System Shock.

B5imsfy.png

CwI870G.png

0ng18NZ.png

O8YJl2I.png

Sf4hmMd.png

EgTck9M.png

jlDMoLo.png

INWCxIf.png

nkarafo

Doesn't look bad but i would prefer a cleaner look with less light radiation/fog or however that's called.

Tesseract

Banned
minimalist

dope

love the atmospherics

only complaint here is the environments aren't very landmark-y, a sameness runs through all of them and i worry imma get lost

Last edited:
Top Bottom