• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate reboot could be in the works at a new EA studio

Rat Rage

The games' description from the article sounds already bad, but the part about real cryptocurrency money sounds straight up like bullshit.

For a moment I got excited when I read "Syndicate" and "reboot" in the same title. But then I realized there is also "EA" in the title, and "reboot" probably means not what I would like it to be, which would be a "faithfull recreation of the gameplay and atmosphere/feel of the original", but rather some sort of generic modern shooter style crap.

So to me, this whole rumor sounds like bullshit. But even if some of it were true, it's hard to get excited when EA is involved.

Without a legendary game director like Peter Molyneux and a passionate team of game developers, I don't think it's possible to bring back Syndicate.

fermcr

Since I don't believe EA will remake the original Syndicate with real-time tactics, I wouldn't mind a 3rdPS for the new game... but, please not another FPS.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
What about dungeon keeper it deserved more than a stupid mobile game.
Look up War for the Overworld. Its essentially a Spiritual Successor and has a TON of similarities. The devs were massive fans of DK1 and 2 and even hired the main voice actor to reprise his role.

So, a reboot... of the reboot?

How many games are there left to reboot? Seriously.
Don't worry. Once they run out of games to reboot, remake, remaster, reimagine, re-release or whatever, they'll just move onto rebooting the reboots, remaking the remakes, remastering the remasters and re-release the re-releases. Its what the people want y'know.

I would love, LOVE, a new Syndicate game even if it's a FPS one from EA. I won't buy it but I would still love to see it being make. but I'm calling BS on this post. first of all, as already mentioned, mixing real crypto with the game sounds like a legal nightmare. second of all, a civil war torn Beijing? unless EA suddenly don't like Chinese money any more, there's no way that's happening. and from the way it sounds, this isn't a FPS game, which makes the likelihood of the game coming out even lower. I'm just glad I can still play the original Syndicate and Syndicate War on GOG and I rather play that than touch whatever this could be.

old-parts

Sounds interesting with the blockchain angle.

For anyone who wants modern Syndicate there was Satellite Reign made in 2015 by some who worked on the original 2 games.

But EA will never pour big money into something like the original games which have limited appeal, you can find plenty of tributes to old Bullfrog games on Steam that nobody ever hears about unless your into non-AAA PC games.

So Destiny like game is understandable.

The FPS reboot was a lot better than many who instantly wrote it off (playing on PC of course), the game was made on a tiny budget, had a really good multiplayer mode, was sent out to die by EA with little marketing support.

Top Bottom