• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch players , If you could have a new entry in any exisiting series what would you choose?

Marvel14

Banned
Like the title says , what Nintendo series would you pick to have a new entry on the Switch and why?

Id go for Star Fox as we havent had one on Switch yet (apart from Starlink i guess). Would have gone for Diddy Kong Racing 2 but feel like Mario Kart has that space well and truly covered
I'll be boring and say Super Mario Galaxy 3 bundled with Galaxy 2...with Galaxy 3 fusing Galaxy with elements of Bowsers Fury and Super Mario 3d Land.

If I was being more adventurous I second a Star Wars Star Fox mashup game.

Imtjnotu Imtjnotu ...and my hobbits.

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
6aLnpGA.jpg

Port this and make next Mother/Earthbound

Well I'm getting a new Xenoblade, a new Fire Emblem is inevitable, a new Bayonetta is coming as well, so I'm getting my wishlist.

I guess if I had to pick, I'd love another Astral Chain, or a traditional Zelda game. Might be an unpopular opinion but Breath Of The Wild did nothing for me. I would love a classic 3d Zelda game more in line with Ocarina or Twilight Princess than the direction the series is heading in.

Camreezie

Well I'm getting a new Xenoblade, a new Fire Emblem is inevitable, a new Bayonetta is coming as well, so I'm getting my wishlist.

I guess if I had to pick, I'd love another Astral Chain, or a traditional Zelda game. Might be an unpopular opinion but Breath Of The Wild did nothing for me. I would love a classic 3d Zelda game more in line with Ocarina or Twilight Princess than the direction the series is heading in.
Same here with BOTW id also love another in the vein of OOT or TP

BlackTron

I didn't really mind the big map in BOTW, I just don't think they had to remove everything else for it to be there. I mean the entirety of the OOT game could exist in BOTW's Hyrule.

Best of both worlds would be a large hyrule to explore, that included things you were excited to find, like dungeons full of action/puzzle gameplay. In BOTW, you found stuff just to find it. It was like a game you turned on to "be in the world" or "have an experience". Then when it's actually time to play Zelda you can start Link's Awakening...a title of pure gameplay, with no filler.

boo

Gold Member
Like the title says , what Nintendo series would you pick to have a new entry on the Switch and why?

Id go for Star Fox as we havent had one on Switch yet (apart from Starlink i guess). Would have gone for Diddy Kong Racing 2 but feel like Mario Kart has that space well and truly covered
Xenoblade Chronicles X2, a sequel to the best Xenoblade.

After that, a brand new Advance Wars, in the same style as the two remastered/remade games that I am still waiting for Nintendo to release.

Porcile

I would like them to pay someone to have a good crack at a high budget FPS in the vain of Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Timesplitters 2. It really bums me out that this form of FPS basically only exists in these three games.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Definitely f zero or sin and punishment 3, id say starfox but there hasnt been a decent star fox in years since the nintendo ds game, i just wish nintendo will be another star fox thats on rails like the 64 version

BlackTron

I think Star Fox have the same problem with F-Zero, Nintendo don't know what to add to the gameplay, especially with how Zero turn out

I consider this a big problem for Nintendo. If they can't reinvent the wheel, they won't do anything.

And then they have the inverse problem too , a whole series like NSMB whose defining feature is complete lack of change.

They can't just make a new, accessible arcade shooter with nice graphics and a few new features/bells/whistles to freshen it up. They have to take the decayed husk of an old game and rape its control scheme to deliver "innovation".

They can't just make a 2D Mario with a new, more interesting look/art style and new gameplay features/mechanics. It has to be super-safe and samey by design.

It's rare for them to just release a new modern entry in a series without some catch, like Metroid Dread.

JohnnyTropics

Neo Member
Hacked my Wii and imported this and Xenoblade. The Last Story is so incredible and I would love a remaster of it.
My choice will date me, but I would love StarTropics.

5sKTfqM.jpg

This.
And I'll take cell-shaded, remastered versions of 1&2 while they're at it--with tile-based movement as an optional game play feature in 2 please.
3 would have to be set on Argonia, right?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
As unfair as this would seem to many people here who have been waiting far longer for sequels that will never show...

Failed mobile gatcha game made by Cygames and Nintendo in partnership, but I believe Nintendo hold the IP rights as they footed the bill.

I gave it a go at launch and found the world and characters much more fun than expected, the dragon transforming element with pacts also gave me Breath of Fire vibes which is never a bad thing, the issue... its a mobile gatcha game and despite having far more gameplay than your average gatcha title is still based around that concept.

With the mobile game set to shut down in the coming months I would like to see Nintendo do something with the wasted potential, in the same way Granblue Fantasy anouther mobile gatcha game is getting a full console JRPG I would love to see this world and characters reused in the same way.

Xenoblade chronicles 2 was like a gatcha game you paid once for, I kind of feel something similair would work well for this.

+ the sound track was just uttely stellar.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
My boring answer is a new 2D Zelda, it's been 9 years and even that was a reused map.

Better answer is another Donkey Kong Country, Tropical Freeze was so damn good and it's criminal that we've seen nothing since. Same with nu-Rayman.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
A Zelda directed by Yoshiaki Koizumi.

Yes, or a true Mario Galaxy sequel with the story fully handled by Koizumi without restrictions. Galaxy 2 was just a wasted level pack, dumping the entire childhood framing story of Rosalina and all the sense of wonder of the first game.

Warioland 5.

2.5D like Tropical Freeze.

Well, you had me until 2.5D. Don't do that... go back to the handdrawn style of the Warioland Shake.

And my submission would be: a new Pokemon Trading Card Game sequel. Make it a real adventure in the style of GameBoy classics (the second, JP-only entry was fantastic, if you can obtain a fan translation), something to put the boring TCG-Online to shame.

Jinzo Prime

My boring answer is a new 2D Zelda, it's been 9 years and even that was a reused map.

Better answer is another Donkey Kong Country, Tropical Freeze was so damn good and it's criminal that we've seen nothing since. Same with nu-Rayman.

That profile image tho...😅NSFW!
743225.jpg

Last edited:
New Kid Icarus following in the steps of Uprising, helmed by Sakurai and whomever he wants to bring along

that is absolute top priority on the Nintendo whishlist

TigzCalamity

Neo Member
Does it have to be directly a Nintendo game because personnally i would like to see a assassins creed game added to the switch
if not i just love the continuation of the Luigis mansion series

Yes, or a true Mario Galaxy sequel with the story fully handled by Koizumi without restrictions. Galaxy 2 was just a wasted level pack, dumping the entire childhood framing story of Rosalina and all the sense of wonder of the first game.

Well, you had me until 2.5D. Don't do that... go back to the handdrawn style of the Warioland Shake.

And my submission would be: a new Pokemon Trading Card Game sequel. Make it a real adventure in the style of GameBoy classics (the second, JP-only entry was fantastic, if you can obtain a fan translation), something to put the boring TCG-Online to shame.
I kind of get what you're saying on Galaxy 1 vs. 2, the first feels a bit more whimsical but really Mario doesn't need a good story, nor was Galaxy 1 story important. But I agree that Galaxy 1 is better and the Rosalina, and the hub spaceship added to the game.

But Zelda, it's just a crying shame that bully Aonuma ousted Koizumi after creating one of the absolute best examples in game storytelling in Majora's mask... Absolutely terrible. I wish I could buy a huge percentage of Nintendo stock just to try and desperately get this man on the Zelda series again lol

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
But Zelda, it's just a crying shame that bully Aonuma ousted Koizumi after creating one of the absolute best examples in game storytelling in Majora's mask... Absolutely terrible. I wish I could buy a huge percentage of Nintendo stock just to try and desperately get this man on the Zelda series again lol
Not to mention his contributions to the setting and story of Link's Awakening. Basically the 2 standout entries of the franchise from a storytelling perspective have his signature.

MAtgS

A Kingdom Hearts that's an ARPG that's running on the actual hardware. That shouldn't be such a tall order and yet...

Labadal

I say, keep the JRPGs and SRPGs coming.

Another turn-based Fire Emblem. Maybe Golden Sun or Baten Kaitos.

A Paper Mario game in the vein of the first games.

Top Bottom