• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch emulation is now possible on Android phones

Bodomism

Banned
I just watched a few recent videos from his channel and you need to have a top line soc in your phone order to emulate Switch games.

Even Asus ROG phone 5 with Snapdragon 888 and 16gb of ram it struggles to run game like Zelda BOTW and runnings at sub 15 fps performance level.

If you're okay with buying $900 dollar phone to play switch games with performance issues, graphical glitches,bugs, crashes, and etc then this emulator is for you.

I think the biggest problem about this emulator is the developer themselves. They stole the codes from YUZU lol. So it's very interesting to see whether this emulator will be supported in the next few years or not because of shady business practice by the developer (illegally obtain roms, code, and other stuffs).

Last edited:

Fbh

Man, looking at that Astral Chain video just makes me sad mobile gaming got ruined by grindy F2P shit.
It could have been the ultimate portable gaming platform, with sleek portable devices that add no extra bulk because you almost always take your phone with you anyway. I'd also find it way easier to justify buying a $1k phone if it doubled as my portable console.

Last edited:

Romulus

I just watched a few recent videos from his channel and you need to have a top line soc in your phone order to emulate Switch games.

Even Asus ROG phone 5 with Snapdragon 888 and 16gb of ram it struggles to run game like Zelda BOTW and runnings at sub 15 fps performance level.

If you're okay with buying $900 dollar phone to play switch games with performance issues, graphical glitches,bugs, crashes, and etc then this emulator is for you.

I think the biggest problem about this emulator is the developer themselves. They stole the codes from YUZU lol. So it's very interesting to see whether this emulator will be supported in the next few years or not because of shady business practice by the developer (illegally obtain roms, code, and other stuffs).

I don't think anyone is buying these phones to play Switch games lol. They're already buying them because that's what people do now, buy expensive phones.

Buggy Loop

Every time he eats Taco Bell, brother

Cue doom music

toilet GIF

jaysius

Banned
Man, looking at that Astral Chain video just makes me sad mobile gaming got ruined by grindy F2P shit.
It could have been the ultimate portable gaming platform, with sleek portable devices that add no extra bulk because you almost always take your phone with you anyway. I'd also find it way easier to justify buying a $1k phone if it doubled as my portable console.
Yup, I remember back in the ipod touch 4th gen days, games cost about 2 or 3 dollars CND and they were real games, not bullshit nickel and dime P2W games. Sword and Sworcery is still awesome, so are many other games. For me the first game that made me say "fuck mobile" was Tiny Towers, then there was that good gam with the bears and towns, but it was F2P so it was one of the first few to be ruined.

Cell phone gaming could really be something if the market wasn't so fucked.

Reactions: Fbh

Fbh

Yup, I remember back in the ipod touch 4th gen days, games cost about 2 or 3 dollars CND and they were real games, not bullshit nickel and dime P2W games. Sword and Sworcery is still awesome, so are many other games. For me the first game that made me say "fuck mobile" was Tiny Towers, then there was that good gam with the bears and towns, but it was F2P so it was one of the first few to be ruined.

Cell phone gaming could really be something if the market wasn't so fucked.

I remember liking the first Chaos Ring.
It was expensive and it certainly wasn't perfect, but it felt like a proper JRPG made for phones. It made me eager to see what the future would bring. Turns out the future was mostly F2P gacha games

Top Bottom