• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Black Friday eshop sale thread (Nintendo's only good sale of the year)

Marty-McFly

Banned
Sale on now (These are only the advertised games for sale by Nintendo, there are hundreds of Black Friday sales on Eshop currently)

Get on Astral Chain if you've never played it.

astral-chain-nintendo-switch.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone watch the "Cyber Black Friday Deals" video Nintendo put up today? They present these sales like they're so proud of how "great" these deals are when in fact they are stingy as hell at 25-33% off for most of these games. They have this "epic" music playing as if this is the ultimate sale lol

Fuck off Nintendo. Yeah it's great that I can finally buy Kirby at a discount (first time I've seen that game on sale although it may have been on sale one other tine) despite it being a 4 year old game that runs at 30 fps. Age of Calamity I cam see at 33% off since the game came out relatively recently but these older games should be half off if you're going to act like this is a great sale. New Super Mario bros U deluxe is only 25 or 30 percent off too. Monster Hunter Rise is only 25% off. Most Nintendo exclusives aren't even on sale.

Meanwhile on Playstation and xbox we have brand new games being discounted the same as these old Nihtendo games and we have most games getting huge discounts. I seriously am so bewildered by how greedy Nintendo is

Marty-McFly

Banned
Did anyone watch the "Cyber Black Friday Deals" video Nintendo put up today? They present these sales like they're so proud of how "great" these deals are when in fact they are stingy as hell at 25-33% off for most of these games. They have this "epic" music playing as if this is the ultimate sale lol

Fuck off Nintendo. Yeah it's great that I can finally buy Kirby at a discount (first time I've seen that game on sale although it may have been on sale one other tine) despite it being a 4 year old game that runs at 30 fps. Age of Calamity I cam see at 33% off since the game came out relatively recently but these older games should be half off if you're going to act like this is a great sale. New Super Mario bros U deluxe is only 25 or 30 percent off too. Monster Hunter Rise is only 25% off. Most Nintendo exclusives aren't even on sale.

Meanwhile on Playstation and xbox we have brand new games being discounted the same as these old Nihtendo games and we have most games getting huge discounts. I seriously am so bewildered by how greedy Nintendo is
Well yeah, but this is close to the cheapest you're going to get some of these games. Nintendo can charge these prices because their sales aren't front loaded and their games keep on selling at full retail price.

So if you have any intention of purchasing them, now is the time.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I got the Xenoblade 2 expansion since the physical is stupid expensive.

Also got the new Cruis'n game.

Basically every indie game ever made is on sale.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots

This totally. Had they dropped games like Mario bros u and Mario world to a more reasonable price I would have bit, but instead they can suck air.

kunonabi

Only planned on astral chain and Jake Hunter but ended up buying a ton of stuff when I logged on to buy no more heroes 3. Ill have to let Travis Strikes Again hold me I guess.

Good things cost good money. Nintendo can charge so much because people are willing to pay for it. The market is rarely wrong.

Marvel14

Banned
This totally. Had they dropped games like Mario bros u and Mario world to a more reasonable price I would have bit, but instead they can suck air.
Mario U as a 2d platformer am waiting until it falls below $30. Have been waiting years for it to happen. Super Mario World contains two separate games and I think is already good value

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Mario U as a 2d platformer am waiting until it falls below $30. Have been waiting years for it to happen. Super Mario World contains two separate games and I think is already good value

I have a hard time with any game delivering value at $80 Canadian. Great gameplay yes, value not so much. Still pay it sometimes.......

Crap sale for me this year. Checked the UK store and literally only one game in my wishlist was on a low discount. Just for clarity, almost all the games on my wishlist are older indie titles.

Kuranghi

Mate, I'm about to pay £36 to play a 4 hour "side-game" that comes with SM3DW, I don't really like SM3DW so I feel you. Theres no way to avoid it with Nintendo you just gotta bend over, lube up and breathe in sharply and then out before making the purchase.

Kuranghi

I'm wondering if I should buy Zelda, I already have the Wii U version but want to play it with my niece, might take 17 years to complete it though.

I'll get SM3DW + Bowser's Fudge Festival, Zelda and something else... hmmmm. I need torebuy Odyssey after it was stolen but thats boring, I could get an actually new game.

Marty-McFly

Banned
I'm wondering if I should buy Zelda, I already have the Wii U version but want to play it with my niece, might take 17 years to complete it though.

I'll get SM3DW + Bowser's Fudge Festival, Zelda and something else... hmmmm. I need torebuy Odyssey after it was stolen but thats boring, I could get an actually new game.
BOTW on the go is a revelation.

Marty-McFly

Banned
There's actually hundreds of games on Black Friday sale on Switch eshop right now, I edited the OP to include that the games in the OP are only the ones being advertised by Nintendo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom