• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Survey from underwear company says 45% of Americans wear underwear 2 days or longer

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Fools. I change underpants at least five times throughout the day.

LzRUSrZ.gif

I get it

Breakage

In the UK, women with dirty knickers are making money from selling them:

"The 18-year-old listed a size 12 pair of white and turquoise knickers that had been 'worn for 48 hours and played in multiple times' with a starting price of £5.10. "

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
In the UK, women with dirty knickers are making money from selling them:

"The 18-year-old listed a size 12 pair of white and turquoise knickers that had been 'worn for 48 hours and played in multiple times' with a starting price of £5.10. "
You know there must be thousands of guys with a big collection of used women's underwear.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Those mums selling dirty panties for 5 pounds are shortchanging themselves.

They should be promoting it for the Japanese market. Bored suit and tie dudes coming home from work at 10 pm will buy that stuff for 100 pounds.

V4skunk

Banned
Every day for me. Obviously there are times when you can't change like at a party etc..But other wise it's dirty as fuck.
I also wipe my ass with baby wet wipes.

Pidull

Yo don't shame people for not changing their underwear, maybe they identify as a piece of shit and just want to have the smell to go with it.

Pumpkin Nutz

Neo Member
I’m not comfortable wearing the same undies more than 10 hours straight and I’m a relatively clean man but stuff just happens down there where change over is of the essence.

Gargus

Banned
2 days here. I shower every other day, unless I do something where I get sweaty. Then I shower after I'm done with it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You can buy boxers or briefs at Costco for $5-10 each. A 4 pack is like $20. Brand name stuff like Calvin Kleins are maybe $10 each.

Last edited:

Pidull

I wear the same pair like 4 days in a row. Not all of us can afford 7 pairs of underwear.
It isn't that expensive, even when I worked at near minimum wage I still changed my undies.

Wearing pants multiple days? That's okay. Bottom layer shirts and undies need to be changed daily though, way too much sweat to not change AT LEAST every other day. That's a bacteria cesspool and if you ever have an open wound you're on the fast track to infection.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
This honestly blows my mind.

Then again, my coworker thought I was crazy for using the same bath towel a few times instead of throwing it in the laundry after one use, so maybe I'm the baddie?

I change underwear daily. Washcloth every few days but towel once a week. I mean, you wash off with soap and shampoo. You are toweling off just water (some skin flakes i'm sure, but not much). Him getting a new towel daily is absurd.

Riven326

Banned
I wear the same pair like 4 days in a row. Not all of us can afford 7 pairs of underwear.
It's a waste anyway. They don't get that dirty. One poster talking open wounds and infections. What the fuck?

Christ. It's like most people here never go camping or are in a situation where you can't shower for several days. You don't suddenly die because you're wearing the same clothes for a week.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's a waste anyway. They don't get that dirty. One poster talking open wounds and infections. What the fuck?

Christ. It's like most people here never go camping or are in a situation where you can't shower for several days. You don't suddenly die because you're wearing the same clothes for a week.

1.) You can still wash clothes while camping and it is highly suggested to do so, especially if you are trying to carry as light a load as you can.

2.) The people who are stating they rarely change undergarments made no mention about very specific circumstances as you tried to suggest. They were speaking generally, as if it is something they do normally.

3.) None of that excuses terrible hygiene. It's gross, mate. Don't be disgusting.

Riven326

Banned
1.) You can still wash clothes while camping and it is highly suggested to do so, especially if you are trying to carry as light a load as you can.

2.) The people who are stating they rarely change undergarments made no mention about very specific circumstances as you tried to suggest. They were speaking generally, as if it is something they do normally.

3.) None of that excuses terrible hygiene. It's gross, mate. Don't be disgusting.
Yeah I suppose you're right. Still, as someone who grew up in a very outdoor kind of environment, it just doesn't bother me.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I change underwear daily. Washcloth every few days but towel once a week. I mean, you wash off with soap and shampoo. You are toweling off just water (some skin flakes i'm sure, but not much). Him getting a new towel daily is absurd.

That guy pretends he lives in a hotel. New towels everyday gtfoh!

Mistake

Socks and underwear change daily, if you’re too poor to own enough, you need to re-evaluate some things. Lazy weekends or days off I get

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Wait, what the fuck? People really defending this degeneracy in here? If you can afford a video game, you can afford enough undies to get between loads of laundry without wearing them multiple days in a row. Wash your ass and change your underwear daily at a minimum, extra showers and changes for working out/in the yard/whatever.

Even when I'm camping I bring baby wipes and extra underwear and give my pits and junk area a good wipe down every day if not for myself then for a courtesy to the woman kind enough to sleep in my bed.

Pidull

Are you serious? Yeast and bacteria love moisture and most everyone produces copious amounts of sweat in their armpits and groin area. Combine that with the literal release of human waste, and it's "not that dirty"?

You know, now I understand why there are so many complaints about the stench at Smash tournaments.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Are you serious? Yeast and bacteria love moisture and most everyone produces copious amounts of sweat in their armpits and groin area. Combine that with the literal release of human waste, and it's "not the dirty"?

You know, now I understand why there are so many complaints about the stench at Smash tournaments.

Let's be honest and just say what this is: people trying to defend their laziness.

Riven326

Banned
Are you serious? Yeast and bacteria love moisture and most everyone produces copious amounts of sweat in their armpits and groin area. Combine that with the literal release of human waste, and it's "not that dirty"?

Yeah. May not be the same if you're wearing whitie tighties, but with boxers, it's not a big deal to wear the same pair for a few days.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Just out of curiosity, how itchy do your asses get, people who go days wearing the same underwear?

-Minsc-

I'll be honest, if I didn't work a job which required me to shower ever day then I wouldn't change my underwear ever day. Every second day I can see being acceptable. If I have to shower two or more times a day then I'd put on a clean pair each time. If I'm taking the time to clean up then I may as well put on the clean.

56% of people surveyed replace their underwear every year? What is this craziness? Don't buy white then you'll be none the wiser.

Top Bottom