• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surprisingly, a publisher I'm excited to see in the future is... Embracer?

Or is it THQ Nordic? Or um, Nordic games? Fucked if I know, they've gone through some changes.

These guys have been real quiet but silently they've been building a set of studios, developers and library of IP that could really go toe to toe with GamePass and probably turn some heads whilst doing it.

Adding Eidos and some of their core studios and IP you have the value of Deus Ex and Tomb Raider, two incredible IP's in the gaming industry that have both had defining moments in their series and across gaming. For lovers of older material they plan to exploit you have Gex the Gecko (fuck, yes), Thief, Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver. Crystal Dynamics just have such an incredible pedigree that under someone like Sony they could have stood shoulder to shoulder with Naughty Dog. Gearbox and 3D Realms means we may see more Duke Nukem. Saber and Koch Media, pretty big again.

Honestly when they start firing on all cylinders, I can see them pumping out some great shit. They probably have enough in their arsenal now to do a conference of their own.

Are you looking forward to the future of Embracer?

Or is it THQ Nordic? Or um, Nordic games? Fucked if I know, they've gone through some changes.

These guys have been real quiet but silently they've been building a set of studios, developers and library of IP that could really go toe to toe with GamePass and probably turn some heads whilst doing it.

Adding Eidos and some of their core studios and IP you have the value of Deus Ex and Tomb Raider, two incredible IP's in the gaming industry that have both had defining moments in their series and across gaming. For lovers of older material they plan to exploit you have Gex the Gecko (fuck, yes), Thief, Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver. Crystal Dynamics just have such an incredible pedigree that under someone like Sony they could have stood shoulder to shoulder with Naughty Dog. Gearbox and 3D Realms means we may see more Duke Nukem. Saber and Koch Media, pretty big again.

Honestly when they start firing on all cylinders, I can see them pumping out some great shit. They probably have enough in their arsenal now to do a conference of their own.

I am, that's because they are interested in making money, not chasing some SJW/Feminazi agenda. I hope they bring back sexy Laura Croft back in her next game

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think they were originally called Nordic Games yeah. They started using the name THQ Nordic after buying THQ, like a psychokiller who wears the skin of his victim.

I'd really love to see the return of Deus Ex or Thief, but I'm also kinda scared since immersive sims today aren't as they used to be.

//DEVIL//

I still can't believe MS or Sony didn't secure Square Enix studio for 200M (or was it 300? doesn't matter). that's nothing for them. especially with the high-profile IPs they have.

I mean especially MS, they could use Tomb Raiders against uncharted and the team behind Tomb Raiders is actually very talented. I mean without the IP the talent alone is worth 200 Million.

But whatever, sometimes companies are just stupid.

Last edited:
I am, that's because they are interested in making money, not chasing some SJW/Feminazi agenda. I hope they bring back sexy Laura Croft back in her next game

I'd just like to see her more like her original self on the PS1 personality wise. No offence to CD, but American's don't really get that British essence just right. The sass and tongue in cheek sarcasm from her original character as well as her intrepid English personality. The 2013 reboot onwards feels like Christopher Nolan's Tomb Raider starring the female Christian Bale. Not really what I want.

How fucking stupid is it that in the first moments of the game she falls onto a spike and pikes through her waist and she is mysteriously unaffected by it until the end of the game. Seriously. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

I am, that's because they are interested in making money, not chasing some SJW/Feminazi agenda.
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-migraine.gif

I still can't believe MS or Sony didn't secure Square Enix studio for 200M. that's nothing for them. especially with the high IP they have.

300m. Hmm, I've thought about this one at length and all I can come to in terms of conclusions is that someone/somewhere said if you're going to sell us, we have to be able to put our games on all platforms. The IP is too big to the industry to be on one ecosystem. That being said, it makes complete sense for both publishers, though Tomb Raider was a defining title of the original PlayStation and Gex, Soul Reaver and the more recent Deus Ex titles all found the majority of their success on PlayStation.

I was surprised that Sleeping Dogs wasn't a part of the acquisition....

I'd just like to see her more like her original self on the PS1 personality wise. No offence to CD, but American's don't really get that British essence just right. The sass and tongue in cheek sarcasm from her original character as well as her intrepid English personality. The 2013 reboot onwards feels like Christopher Nolan's Tomb Raider starring the female Christian Bale. Not really what I want.

How fucking stupid is it that in the first moments of the game she falls onto a spike and pikes through her waist and she is mysteriously unaffected by it until the end of the game. Seriously. :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'll say this I love the 2013 reboot but felt each game after that got worse and worse. Yeah I would love to have her old personality back but with the sexiness. It would be funny if that one game outsold all 3 of those Tomb Raider Reboot Games combined. There would be so much reeeeeing. Would be entertaining to watch

K2D

Banned
They're money savvy people with deep pockets, striking while the marked is hot.

I have this 🤏 much faith in them doing justice to the brands they've accumulated.

As for the best money gamble, I'd say it lies in dev tools.

Top Bottom