• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate: Community Thread and |OT|

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
file
file

dctr54t-8acf6bfb-606b-4c88-a8dd-4ad2d18e8c66.png

Super Smash Bros. is BACK!

Title: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate <-(Beware! Link contains boss spoilers)
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release date: December 7th, 2018
Director: Masahiro Sakurai
Developer: Sora Ltd. / Bandai Namco
Publisher: Nintendo
Controls: GameCube controller / Nintendo Switch Pro Controller / Joy-Con

Adapters for Gamecube controller:
- Wired adapter by Nintendo
- Best deal on GameCube controller cable extensions
- Wireless adapter by 8Bitdo

BEST USB 3.0 LAN ADAPTER (For highest quality online play)

How to play, by ZeRo:

Perfect shielding / parrying attacks:

(Please forgive the barebones topic...this is my very first one)
meow.gif

I thought this would be a good place for us to form a Super Smash Bros Ultimate player community. Please feel free to list your Nintendo Switch Friend Code, and perhaps we can get some friendly sparring time in!

For starters, here is mine:

dctr5mr-fdd30b6a-c60e-4abe-92c5-5d3df5bc3076.png

So, what do ya say, everyone?
Care to join in the fight?
:messenger_bicep::messenger_smiling::messenger_heart:

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Thanks everyone! :messenger_heart:

I've got my USB LAN adapter, four GameCube controllers with adapter and cable extensions, and a Smash-starved fighting spirit ready to go! I should have the game in less than 24 hours, and am going to head right in on unlocking all the fighters. :)

(Thank you, Bill O'Rights Bill O'Rights ! Also, I drastically altered the file size of the top image...if it's still too big though, please let me know!)

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I will play and enjoy this game.

I will perform poorly.

I will not play with anyone online.

But I will return to this thread to ask nub questions and post pictures of my adventures.

277541-pacmans.jpg

guggnichso

Banned
Fucks sake, 4,5 hours until it unlocks, my wife is at her works Christmas party, I‘m home alone with few beers and nothing to do.

At least my favorite band released a new track a few weeks ago that I only found out about today, so I‘ll have a few drinks and listen to it on repeat!

Enjoy some great horrorbilly my friends! Cheers!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Amazon.ca, being the garbage that they are, charged my card and had my order at preparing for shipment, only to change their mind for some reason and drop it to Not Shipped Yet. So with no idea as to when it was being delivered and after being treated like an idiot when I asked them what was going on, I've cancelled my order and will be picking it up in store. Fuck em

/Rant 😡

StAidan

I've gotta wait until delivery tomorrow since I went for the special edition. Excited to get started, though.

I've been a ZSS main since Brawl, but will experiment with other stuff too. You never know when you'll find a new favorite!

Mozza

Nice work with the OT,I am not usually a fan of the series and I skipped the Wii U and all other versions,I think this may be the ideal time to bite. ;)

tkscz

Just to note, if your wifi signal is faster than 50MB/s, don't bother with the USB to Ethernet adapter. Nintendo has still yet to release a firmware update that activates the USB 3.0's on the Switch dock. At the moment, they will be seen as USB 2.1 unless Nintendo has recently (as of October) released an update for it.

I saw Luigi in the image in the OT and got excited.

They still haven't announced him yet have they?

NVM, I see him on the main website for the game.

Last edited:

Zenaku

Decided to buy it, despite barely playing the 3DS or Wii U versions, and I knew it'd annoy me.

I don't like the lack of trophies, I don't like how adventure mode restricts your choices, and normal feels too hard for someone who hasn't really sunk his teeth into a SB since Brawl.

Might give it another go in the weekend, probably switch to easy to enjoy collecting things. Minor gripes to many, I'm sure, but I just want to play with the one or two characters I like and collect things.

MastAndo

Gold Member
Quick question - can an online friend and I play together against two randoms by creating or joining a lobby (or some other way)?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Picking this up tomorrow on my way home from work. I also ordered the Xenoblade Pro controller from Amazon, which should be here tomorrow. I am a Smash noob and am not sure which character I want to play yet.

tkscz

I'll be streaming it soon, I use Youtube to stream as it's easier for some of my friends to access than Twitch
Stream :
Friend Code:SW-5235-4967-0695

Edit: Removed stream, it won't let me play the game yet.

Last edited:

epicnemesis

So are west coast switch owners forced to wait till midnight? Seems silly. It seems silly that in the digital age the release date isn’t synced to Australia.

JimmyJones

Banned
Mine literally just arrived in the post. I haven't played Smash since Brawl, the hype is real!

[edit] Just died 5 times in a row in classic mode. I truly suck at this game.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Watching people play this as thier first smash ever is really brutal when they don’t even watch the tutorial video. I have had to teach 2 different small streamers from chat how to execute a basic charged smash attack because the easy level cpus were dominating them and they couldn’t kill a 150%+ enemy

Please newcomers watch the how to play video for your own sanity. Don’t button mash...

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Have anyone in Europe got their hands on Limited Edition with GC controller and stuff? I see only regular version everywhere and can't even pre-order LE:messenger_weary:

P.S. Friend Code: SW-2864-8262-1417

epicnemesis

I’ve owned every smash but haven’t “really” played since melee. I’m lost on how to play the game until I unlock my boy ganondorf.

God Enel

WHY IS THERE KING K. ROOL IN SMASH BROS??? WHAT IS GOING ON!? IS HE BACK?

I have to buy a switch with Smash bros.

Manus

Went digital. I'll be playing all day at work.

I for one am glad we get to unlock characters makes it more fun.

Last edited:

zenspider

Went digital. I'll be playing all day at work.

I for one am glad we get to unlock characters makes it more fun.

A little bummed I couldn't check out Inkling or Belmont in training mode before work, but from an hour or so of playtime, this is head and shoulders above the WiiU outing, and unlocking is the way to go.

Curious to see hardcore fans chime in. From a casual perspective, this is everything I want and more (so far).

Looks like people are having shipping issues from Best Buy. Myself included. My tracking number shows it hasn’t left or been handed to UPS. Best Buy forums also have some people with the same issues. I ordered a copy to pick up in store and will return it when I eventually get the other copy.

Some people were saying their delivery date got bumped to the 14th.

ChuyMasta

So quick question. Is adventure mide the better way to unlock characters?

I did a couple of classic mode runs but it gets boribg quickly.

Mozza

Looks like people are having shipping issues from Best Buy. Myself included. My tracking number shows it hasn’t left or been handed to UPS. Best Buy forums also have some people with the same issues. I ordered a copy to pick up in store and will return it when I eventually get the other copy.

In fairness mine has not arrived,although that could have something to do with the fact I have not ordered a copy yet. ;)

So quick question. Is adventure mide the better way to unlock characters?

I did a couple of classic mode runs but it gets boribg quickly.

apparently the fastest way is to go into a vs match with 1 stock, run off the edge, fight the challenger, assuming you win close Smash completely and re-open it, and repeat.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

And why do I get the feeling that it was made on purpose by Nintendo to boost eShop sales? I mean, they clearly hate physical stuff and also punishing people for buying it and not givin' the same amout of gold points for buyin' their games on a physical cartridge.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well... i got A LOT worse at this. think I need to play vs the computer for a while. keep getting falls.

And why do I get the feeling that it was made on purpose by Nintendo to boost eShop sales? I mean, they clearly hate physical stuff and also punishing people for buying it and not givin' the same amout of gold points for buyin' their games on a physical cartridge.

And I ordered another for store pickup and the game defaulted to shipping but the coin went to the store. So now I’m up to three copies of the damn game. Will have to return two copies now.

Top Bottom