• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Eclipse Demo Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's finally here!! The first public demo of Super Mario Eclipse is now available to download!

Come to the discord for a download link: https://discord.gg/ts9bmqJ

Super Mario Eclipse is part beta restoration, part enhancement, part original mod, and all fan service. With dozens upon dozens of new missions, fully custom worlds, challenging secret courses, and an interconnected Isle Delfino to boot, this is the Super Mario Sunshine experience you always wanted- and then some! Isle Delfino is hiding all new secrets just waiting to be uncovered, and with multiple playable characters by your side, there's nothing you can't do. Presenting an all-new expanded story, crazy new gimmicks, exciting new moves and abilities, and references to your favorite Gamecube era Mario Games, get ready for the collaborative efforts of the entire Sunshine modding community to finally come together and bring you something special! This Super Mario Sunshine mod is sure to Eclipse the rest!

2 things. Download is in the description, and Nintendo rarely strikes mods. It's fangames they're usually after.

Last edited:

Notabueno

Banned
Nintendo rarely go after mods. Mario 64 has a ton of mods and only one they went after was the multiplayer mod. Big Mario 64 mods like star road and final impact are still up.

Not exactly: Nintendo doesn't go after mods that don't modify the core game because it can be seen as enhancement and conservation, but they usually go after any mod or fangame that substantially alter it's product, because it sorts of devaluates it.

Last edited:

Notabueno

Banned
Cute, not interesting for me because it's clearly low qual, but totally up for people doing it since Nintenwon't do anything with it, besides the poor collection port.

Last edited:

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Cute, not interesting for me because it's clearly low qual, but totally up for people doing it since Nintenwon't do anything with it, besides the poor collection port.
Dj Khaled Popstar GIF

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Looks pretty neat. I saw a Super Monkey Ball and Crash Bandicoot stage in the trailer.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's been a while, but we now present to all of you the second demo of our mod, Super Mario Eclipse! Featuring a plethora of new content to explore, this mod represents what an actual piece of the finished mod is going to play like! We hope you enjoy, and we can't wait for the full release to be enjoyed by all of our fans!!

The YouTube video is about the release of the second demo of the mod Super Mario Eclipse, and the video's description includes links for downloading the mod and joining its Discord server.

Key points:

• The second demo of the mod Super Mario Eclipse has been released.
  • The mod features new content to explore and represents what the finished mod will play like.
  • The creators hope that the full release will be enjoyed by all of their fans.
  • The video includes links for downloading the mod and joining its Discord server.
  • Comments on the video are overwhelmingly positive, with many expressing excitement about the mod and appreciation for the work that has gone into it.
  • The creators of the mod have added new moves and explored unexplored areas, which players appreciate.
  • Fans of Super Mario Sunshine are excited about the mod and appreciate the varied and interesting worlds that the creators have included.
  • The mod is praised for being an incredible fan project that looks amazing and fills a need for a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine.
  • Players appreciate the ability to move around between all the walled-off extensions of Delfino Plaza.
  • Some players have already played the second demo and have given it positive reviews.
Key Takeaway:

The second demo release of Super Mario Eclipse mod has generated a lot of positive reactions from fans, and the creators have added new moves and explored unexplored areas. Players appreciate the varied and interesting worlds that the creators have included, and the mod is praised for being an incredible fan project that looks amazing and fills a need for a sequel to Super Mario Sunshine.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I played a mod for the wii 2d mario game many years ago and it was fun. I don’t think I want more sunshine though. I would like more block levels though.

Top Bottom