• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario 64 has been ported to Windows

Tarin02543

Does anyone know how to run fullscreen? I've edited the config file, where it says fullscreen false i've replaced it with true but that does not work.

zeomax

Hope some crazy people are working on texture updates too, I like Mario64 but it's hard to look at. All the N64 native stuff is. I actually prefer PS1 era polygons to most of the N64 stuff, even if the N64 games were actually better.
Something like this?
marioagjn2.jpg

Kataploom

Gold Member
I want that source code so bad! Just to see what I can learn from it.

Also, hasn't someone tried doing a RTX mod yet? I'd really like to see it

zeomax

Nintendo showing themselves up to be their usual corporate asshole selfs, once again.

Why people are so willing to keep throwing money at these cunts, I'll never understand.
You want them to give their games away for free?

Digity

Anyone here able to help out. My friend has downloaded this, but it runs at an extremely fast speed, limited the HZ to 60 and doesn't seem to do anything.

Digity

i limited frame rate in nvidia control panel and it worked. is that where you limited it?

it needs to be limited to 30, btw.
On my computer I simply lowered the Hz rate to 60 using the windows display settings and that worked perfectly fine. I just had him do what you mentioned and it is now working how it should.

Thanks alot!

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Maybe the next step is to have some kind of function that extrapolates pixels to produce better looking 2D assets.
The 2d text is perfect. Sprites could use the same mario 64 ds look i guess . So no fugly AA on the textures? For that ps1 look (without the wobble ofc)

Jeeves

To me the game doesn't feel right without an octagonal gate on the control stick, so I found a nice program called Xoutput to configure my GCN controller with. Feels indistinguishable from an official release now.

D.Final

Banned
To me the game doesn't feel right without an octagonal gate on the control stick, so I found a nice program called Xoutput to configure my GCN controller with. Feels indistinguishable from an official release now.

Well...
It's a port after all

NoxNyctores

So has anyone followed the steps to build the game from this video?

I'm asking because I'm having a problem that apparently some other people have also met in the comments and I'm getting this error

could not load sound data from 'sound/sequences.bin'

And I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix that, so far I've tried reinstalling msys2, rebooting, roms from other regions, building the game with the MinGW 32 bits instead of 64 bits and so far nothing has worked

Mato

rwshqbovjq2duner2k9p.png

I'm not sure about this. I find it too intrusive for my liking. This one has AI upscaled textures and it looks lovely:

The rounded sprites look so good. Just look at those trees. Really well done.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Look around you, it's the era of the remake and remaster. This would do gangbusters with an official release.. for some reason.

It is the 35th anniversary of Mario...

Time for Mario 3D All-Stars!

Fuck, I know I'd buy it on Switch if any decent amount of effort were spent on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullet Club

New Super Mario 64 PC mods add retro HD models, fix Mario’s HD model head glitch

Back in May, we informed you about the release of a native DX12 version of Super Mario 64 for the PC that is available for download. And today, we are happy to report that there are some new mods that you can use with it.

The first mod adds new retro HD models for a number of objects. This is something that a lot of Super Mario 64 fans will find interesting. After all, it will improve the game’s graphics and will retain its original art style.

The second mod features a fix for Mario’s HD model head glitch. This glitch occurred when using the HD model for Mario alongside the 60fps patch. Thus, we suggest downloading if you already use these two mods.

The third mod is Hypatia’s Mario Craft 64. This texture pack adds new HD textures for a papel craft look.

Lastly, here is a video showing you how to compile Super Mario 64 PC Port using a GUI.

As always, we won’t be linking directly to the unofficial PC version of Super Mario 64. Still, I’m pretty sure that by now most of you have figured out how to download it. We won’t also allow comments with pirated content, so you’ve been warned.

Kudos to “Unreal” for sharing these videos with us!

Source: DSOG

Mhmmm 2077

Can anyone DM me compiled latest-ish version? I had some early one but the audio was simply awful, there was crackling noise all the time...

Top Bottom