• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest: Kickoff Live on June 10 - 2 pm ET / 11 am PT / 6 pm GMT

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Guys and gals, I don't wanna be that guy, but something about ER seemed off. I dunno what it is yet. I don't know how I feel...
It feels like a game from a different era. But that could be a good thing.

From games dont look good in trailers. You have to play them.

Guys and gals, I don't wanna be that guy, but something about ER seemed off. I dunno what it is yet. I don't know how I feel...
I have to fully agree to be honest. The visuals didn’t blow me away for starters, they looked quite dated, but that wouldn’t be a concern if everything else was great… but there was something else off about it too. It didn’t hook me.

Sygma

It’s called ‘gameplay’

Look it up.

Lol please, From are overrated since the start. Lets not get into the technical details of the why, but the hitboxes alone in any souls game are a good place to start. What I mean by my comment is that oddly enough the price point of this not impressive showing wont be a problem for some magical reason

MastaKiiLA

the comparison with demon's souls remake will not be pretty
This is what makes the visuals feel underwhelming. DS is literally the same art style, so ER is kinda coming up short. But, I also think it's fair to wait for the 4K video, before determining how wide the gulf is.

Fbh

Show saved.
10/10 now.

Elden Ring looks amazing.

yeah graphics are dated. It's from Sofware and it's targeting Ps4 and 360, not sure why people expect it to look like Demon Souls remake.

Januray 2022 is now the deadline by which I need either a decent PC or a Ps5

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Lol please, From are overrated since the start. Lets not get into the technical details of the why, but the hitboxes alone in any souls game are a good place to start. What I mean by my comment is that oddly enough the price point of this not impressive showing wont be a problem for some magical reason

Justin Timberlake What GIF

Tomeru

I should have expected this type of reaction here, 90% people in NeoGAF are graphic whores.
Naw naw. It's like it looks less realistic and more stylish or something? I couldn't find that gritty eerie mood in the trailer. I think?

Elden Ring let's go...
That and Salt & Sanctuary 2 are my most hyped games by a mile.

Knowing Final Fantasy / Nioh is likely a thing will make my year :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

kyussman

I have to fully agree to be honest. The visuals didn’t blow me away for starters, they looked quite dated, but that wouldn’t be a concern if everything else was great… but there was something else off about it too. It didn’t hook me.
Could it be that it is their exciting new IP.....but it looked exactly like Dark Souls,lol.

Sygma

You'll never change my mind about it. Every single output of their is inconsistent outside of The old hunters, their engine is outdated and outside of Sekiro they also had the biggest troubles nailing hitboxes right for the longest time. I know they're beloved and thats fine, just doesn't make that criticism invalid

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just like Atlus, FROM never a was about their high tech graphics and more their excellent art direction and Elden Ring fucking nailed it.....But most you guys too fucking obsess over graphics to see it.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Just like Atlus, FROM never a was about their height tech graphics and more their excellent art direction and Elden Ring fucking nailed it.....But most you guys too fucking obsess over graphics to see it.
The last game I thought looked really good from them was Bloodborne. But I'm starting to now think that was more artstyle over graphical prowess.

Entroyp

No BS, some people here are super hardcore with that report buttons, i'm starting to wonder if modz read before giving the warnings.
I got a warning and I have no fucking clue what post triggered it. Being excited by a catroonish indie game ?

DonJorginho

Banned
Sygma how about you syg ma nuts and taste the glory of the Elden Ring.

EOnJ9W6UEAALe5S.jpg

Top Bottom