• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Game Fest: Kickoff Live on June 10 - 2 pm ET / 11 am PT / 6 pm GMT

Javthusiast

Banned
Knack 3 baby get hype!
Season 1 Handshake GIF by BBC

Pejo

Well at least the age old "Get a celebrity that's not interested in games or gaming to patronize gamers for 10 mins" tradition has bled over from classic E3.

Why are they still doing this? And I even like Goldblum.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Well at least the age old "Get a celebrity that's not interested in games or gaming to patronize gamers for 10 mins" tradition has bled over from classic E3.

:messenger_winking:

I can only think he's lending his voice to something.

Maybe it's a sequel to Jurassic Park Evolution. That game was pretty fun and a follow up would be welcome!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not expecting much, but I'm ready and willing to be pleasantly surprised.

YukiOnna

I think the only reason Goldblum is there is because of that Jurassic World game tease. Otherwise, wish they'd stop inviting these bands and actors that waste time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's the point of having bands at game events? Never understood that.
Only time it ever made sense to me was when they brought out the band to do Devil Trigger at the reveal of DMC5. Or gaming-related music in general I suppose.

But yeah usually it's not gaming related and it ends up being super cringe. Turns out lots of people have a pretty wide variety of musical tastes, and that doesn't always intersect well with people willing to catch a livestream like these.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
"starting with Kickoff Live on June 10 at 2 pm ET / 11 am PT / 6 pm GMT"

Is it really too much effort to include more time zones? At least CET?!

Great Hair

Banned
I’ll gargle cum if Elden Ring gets a trailer. Maybe.
A 5min long non-sensical CGiTEASER with trees, birds in the background and some hills with someone fighting a huge lake monster. Some fly by shots over an ocean or sea, all garnished with some folklore music and petals blowing in the wind ....

The Simple Life Drink GIF

Last edited:

Sensei

No Twitch, only Youtube? I ask because usually Twitch has a better stream quality, at least for me.

JSoup

Banned
No Twitch, only Youtube? I ask because usually Twitch has a better stream quality, at least for me.

I'd guess, anyway.
Edit: That's supposed to be a category link, not a direct stream link.

Last edited:

amigastar

I know hating on Geoff is cool for some reason but I love what the guy is trying to do. These shows can be a blast to watch and he seems to be doing his best to make it happen. Hope he succeeds.
Yes, i don't mind this guy, he tries to move things forward.

420bits

You are 100% correct in this. I wish it would go away.

However, If Goldblum were to enter the stage and announce a game of his creation, I would give a standing ovation.
That guy is on another planet in how he thinks and I love him for it.

MastaKiiLA

:messenger_winking:

I can only think he's lending his voice to something.

Maybe it's a sequel to Jurassic Park Evolution. That game was pretty fun and a follow up would be welcome!
I was hoping this was going to show that Goldblum platinumed Demon Souls, Returnal, and Strider. Instead, it shows the complete opposite.

He's going to be the new voice for Kratos in the next GOW.

tenebre

Well tehnically there's not actually a countdown, it just says the time it'll start.

FUCK THAT !

Last edited:
I've got PTSD from Geoff keighley shows after being awake at 3am watching his game awards show, wondering why the hell I continue to watch it. Thankfully, this starts at 7pm over here so I'll give it a watch.

tenebre

I honestly have very VERY low expectation for this. Learned my fucking leason with the last one.
I hope there won't be all those CGI crap and we see proper gameplay.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

I honestly have very VERY low expectation for this. Learned my fucking leason with the last one.
I hope there won't be all those CGI crap and we see proper gameplay.
It's almost guaranteed to be disappointing. Still, I expect one or two moments of interest.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's almost guaranteed to be disappointing. Still, I expect one or two moments of interest.
Well you only be “disappointed” if you are expecting something but if you already expecting to get let down then that no longer “disappointment”.

Top Bottom