• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Putting other things above anime. Shameful.
ibpOvIjXFXeRWi.gif

this is the cutest goddamn thing i've ever seen

BluWacky

Single CD Sales:

Which week or day is this for? Crossing Field is much higher than the Uta~Pri song on the Oricon charts at the moment so I'm slightly surprised.

11, 10,219 37,731 Colorful "Boku ga Boku de Aru Tameni"

While this is technically true, the single this song is on is not an anime tie-in. miwa's cover of Boku ga... is the fourth track on the single, "Hikari E", the theme song to the TV series "Rich Man Poor Woman".

Articalys

Which week or day is this for? Crossing Field is much higher than the Uta~Pri song on the Oricon charts at the moment so I'm slightly surprised.

While this is technically true, the single this song is on is not an anime tie-in. miwa's cover of Boku ga... is the fourth track on the single, "Hikari E", the theme song to the TV series "Rich Man Poor Woman".
Ah, it's all for the Aug. 20-26 period, like the DVD sales above. And while I don't have a clue what you're talking about for the second paragraph, you can blame dtshyk for whatever he thinks classifies as anime-related in the chart; it's the same reason it took a bit longer to find the numbers for the Apollon OP single a while back.

wonzo

Banned
hells.jpg

Hell's Angels (2008)

This movie begins with Linne, a genki high school girl who was making her way to high school on her first day, only to die after saving a strange cat from being run over. She gets sent to Destinyland, an academy in Hell run by an Elvis obsessed demon called Headmaster Helvis. It turns out that for the girl to return back to her normal life, she'll needs to "graduate". This sets in motion her journey to find out just what the hell that actually means.

The good thing about the plot is that it while it get's increasingly more insane and utterly nonsensical over the course of the film, I found it never really got in the way of my ovberall enjoyment of it. It perfectly set up the absolutely ridiculous set pieces, scenarios and all the awesome animation that goes with it. The unique art style combined with the amazing animation blew me away at times. It wasn't perfect however as you could see the budget starting to waine as the movie went on and there was some minor use of CG in a handful of scenes, but it still didn't stop the animation or the style from standing out.

The English subtitles included on the Japanese BD were serviceable. It could use some serious editing as the grammar was all over the place but it didn't really stop me from understanding it.

All in all, this was one of the most enjoyable animated movie's I've seen in a long time and no amount of verbiage could possibly, possibly do this movie justice. Go watch it and experience this fucking insane masterpiece for yourself.

Novid

Banned
well, there may be no dramaz from IG Ports meeting... but that dont mean 2Channel would not start something:

Today, Japanese sites are pointing out that the websites for Mass Effect: Paragon Lost are throwing up 404 messages—from the Japanese distributor movie site to even MassEffectParagonLost.com.

Update 1: The websites are apparently up outside of Japan, so this definitely could be a server issue.

This might be simply a website or server issue and the Mass Effect anime collaboration could still be on. There are a few reasons to believe that—such as that within the last 24 hours, the anime's official Twitter sent out an update.

What's more, the website for the Dragon Age anime is also offline—implying that it could be some sort of server issue in Japan. Like Mass Effect, Dragon Age is an EA property the company hoped to turn into anime franchise. But unlike Mass Effect, Production I.G did not work on the anime, which was released this past February.

The Site is following up with EA and will update this post should the company reply.

server problems.

Mandoric

Banned
Madoka END

Interesting. So... I don't get it. What's the point of the movies?

1/2: Yen, dollars, pounds, euros, and possibly won.

3: Shinbo wants to call it Kyubey's Counterattack, so I'm assuming that means a giant grief seed is getting dropped on Earth.

duckroll

server problems.

They're actually mistaken. The international sites for the Dragon Age and Mass Effect animes seem to actually block Japanese IPs. Both anime movies have Japanese-only sites which actually work. Except the ME one hasn't been updated since April. Lol.

Lurky

Popotan 5

Shit just got real!
For a hot springs episode, it wasn't as cute as I expected except for the
swim suit competition.
But it looks like the story is finally progressing. At the end of the episode,
Mare and Mai are left behind!
What will happen next?! :O

Novid

Banned
They're actually mistaken. The international sites for the Dragon Age and Mass Effect animes seem to actually block Japanese IPs. Both anime movies have Japanese-only sites which actually work. Except the ME one hasn't been updated since April. Lol.

erk...the hell?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
lQMko.jpg

Sleep is only for sane people! It has no place here.
But I can only be the little girl in the land of nod!

Come on guys. Admit it. Team Asuna is the best team, right?
I like Team Why did no one notice that PK Guild member standing there despite his health bar being red and neon signs pointing at him and the fact he has the tomato head from Berserk stitched on his cloak?

Yuru Yuri S2 9

Chinatsu > Yui > Kyouko > Akari

[IMG]brofist.jpg[/IMG]
So I defend China only to have it all thrown in my face.

Hmm, looks like another 4koma anime adaptation is on the way, with the main staff from Mitsudomoe at the helm.
Colour me interested.

so Winter season:

Da Capo III
Haganai S2
Minami-ke S4
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Vivid Red Operation

are afaik all confirmed animes for the winter season.

I like Team Why did no one notice that PK Guild member standing there despite his health bar being red and neon signs pointing at him and the fact he has the tomato head from Berserk stitched on his cloak?
I'd imagine it was some kind of stealth/illusion. Plus everyone was too busy having multiple orgasms from how amazing Kirito is.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
hells.jpg

Hell's Angels (2008)

This movie begins with Linne, a genki high school girl who was making her way to high school on her first day, only to die after saving a strange cat from being run over. She gets sent to Destinyland, an academy in Hell run by an Elvis obsessed demon called Headmaster Helvis. It turns out that for the girl to return back to her normal life, she'll needs to "graduate". This sets in motion her journey to find out just what the hell that actually means.

The good thing about the plot is that it while it get's increasingly more insane and utterly nonsensical over the course of the film, I found it never really got in the way of my ovberall enjoyment of it. It perfectly set up the absolutely ridiculous set pieces, scenarios and all the awesome animation that goes with it. The unique art style combined with the amazing animation blew me away at times. It wasn't perfect however as you could see the budget starting to waine as the movie went on and there was some minor use of CG in a handful of scenes, but it still didn't stop the animation or the style from standing out.

The English subtitles included on the Japanese BD were serviceable. It could use some serious editing as the grammar was all over the place but it didn't really stop me from understanding it.

All in all, this was one of the most enjoyable animated movie's I've seen in a long time and no amount of verbiage could possibly, possibly do this movie justice. Go watch it and experience this fucking insane masterpiece for yourself.

Are the character designs in this by the same guy that did Code of Princess? It looks pretty cool.

Lurky

Popotan 6

Well they worked out that first issue real damn quickly but then new drama arises! ...Which they also work out pretty quickly but in the most typical way ever.
They make Mai give up the life that she spent five years making so that they can travel together again.
So sad... =[

Flame of Recca: Final Burning
So this is an OVA adaptation of the final volume of the manga. Think it was bundled with something, but I'm not positive there.

Anyway, it was nice to see events beyond what super crappy TV adaptation covered, but they unfortunately picked one of the worst parts to do it. I've always considered the final battle to be incredibly underwhelming and one of the few not great things about the series. The lead-up to it was awesome and took full advantage of the strengths the series had laid out for itself, but the finale is like a JRPG final boss without much of an actual fight.

I think the whole series was underwhelming (well not a few of the characters, like Joker, Kaoru and his bro), it was just battles after battles in bland environments, oh and the dragons were cool.

Well that's the back story or the reason why they are recreating history anyway. I guess you could say Musashi is sort of waging war in its attempts to get the Deadly Armaments of Sin back for Horizon.

The fights are pretty good as well, such as seeing Honda Futayo with Tonbokiri or the automatons I find especially awesome, like Musashi or that girl, F Walshingham, who was fighting Nate (the chain wielder girl) in the last couple of episodes.

And they are still deciding to or not deciding to wage war on the world even this far in s2 :/

Weekly sales rankings for August 20-26:

Blu-ray
*3, *7,082 *7,082 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
*6, *4,445 *4,445 Guilty Crown vol.8 Limited Edition
10, *3,498 *3,498 Eureka Seven AO vol.3 Limited Edition

DVD

*4, *8,236 *,**8,235 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
11, *1,448 *,**1,448 Tsuritama vol.3 Limited Edition
12, *1,169 *,**1,169 Guilty Crown vol.8 Limited Edition
14, *1,083 *,**1,083 Hiiro no Kakera vol.3

Well at lest Kakera is >1K... and GC and Kuroko still going good, great.

Naruto SD 22
tumblr_m9gsb9aM2j1qbxqfpo1_500.png

First skit was good with Naruto in it. Second was just odd at least they slipped into Shippuden animation for just this one Sakura moment, and side characters admitted that even with hard work they'd still be side characters.

Tanken Driland 6

Dinosaur creature that emerged from the darkness was epic and those visuals for its beam. Fun and suspenseful episodes regardless, and the four are good together. I just noticed that its on the promo shot for the anime, I wonder if its just 12 episodes.

Wallens and Pollon interactions always make me laugh.

Lurky

Popotan 7

Well that episode was pretty good despite not having much fanservice. It was nice to see
Daichi
again. But it was pretty obvious something was up with
keith
from the very beginning.

duckroll

kayos90, my favorite mascot, I have SAO ep titles for you!

Ep11:
The Morning Mist Girl
Ep12:
Yui's Heart
Ep13:
The Depths of Hell

Lurky

Popotan 8

Well that was a very heartwarming christmas episode. It was filled with so much cuteness that i'd have to say it was the best overall episode so far! But despite that, it did nothing for the story.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
NEPTUNIA ANIME - YES YES YES YES.

So excited for this. It shall be glorious. This is what they should do with Atelier too, just cut out the weak crap nobody actually likes (the gameplay) and give everybody the great stuff they actually love.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
NEPTUNIA ANIME - YES YES YES YES.

So excited for this. It shall be glorious. This is what they should do with Atelier too, just cut out the weak crap nobody actually likes (the gameplay) and give everybody the great stuff they actually love.

... I play Atelier for the gameplay. Which is also why I stopped playing Neptunia after 1 hour and traded that back in. Neptunia gameplay is horrible. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom