• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden V new info (game length, multiple endings;etc)

Vargas

It would be nice to get this game during the summer of 2006 since it is being released in February in Japan, but it will probably be released here sometime in September or October.

Vashu

I'm totally hyped for this game! After the slight fiasco of SIV, which introduced some very nice options and returned us to a more 'normal' battle, I'm so happy that the developers at Konami are listening to the fans. I was really excited the last time I heard some great news about SV, but this time they are finally going all out.

Bigger than SII? 10 characters in your party at the same time? More dungeons? Multiple endings? More characters with a voice? Sounds like the production value of the Suikoden series just went through the roof! :D

Suikoden Tactics (Western name), Suikoden V, Suikoden I and II for PSP (Listen to the fans Konami! And bring this to both the US and Europe!)... Finally they see the true potential of this series with one of the biggest world-histories ever created. Good to see them back on their feet again after they lost the series creator...

Vashu

Himuro said:
Actually, that's 6 party playable in battle and 4 support characters. Hm...really, this is a confusing matter because based off the demo, playable characters can befomre support characters. It's a pretty flexible system this time. Can't wait for more info.

Yeah, I already figured that out, I was thinking of the support system. Good thing they enhanced that, I did like that feature in III and IV. I hope it's released fairly quickly again here, SIV came out pretty fast after the US and Japanese release.

Why the multiple endings..? Never saw a game that got any better from multiple endings. There are always a few that just suck. And if it's really thát long, who's gonna see more than 2 of them? Only 10 year old school going kids and jobless mofo's I guess....

S2 was rad. too bad it took the folks making these games this long to figure that out.
I hope this emerging trend of combining 3D models with a 2D aesthetic in games continues to blossom, and turn me into the game consuming whore i once was

Vashu

Himuro said:

Suikoden has ALWAYS had multiple endings. Suikoden II especially. In II it was like you could choose your own destiny

You know, me being a long-time Suikoden fan and not knowing this makes me feel kinda awkward. No wonder SII felt so immensely vast... I never really paid attention to it though, so I guess it went past me all of the time....

Vashu

Himuro said:
I don't really care if she comes back now because of V's music samples. It sounds straight out of I and II.

Well Vashu...Suikoden II is my favorite game for a reason. lol

I agree, it's the best in the series... But it seems V could change all that ;)..

Hurry up with the damn game Konami! :D

Soul4ger

Top-down camera for exploration. EXCELLENT. Shit, it could look like Suikoden, so long as it played similar and had a new story. You can do it, Konami!

Essery

About Bloody time they got that, S2 was one of the best RPG's for ps1, so sounds very promising to say the least, now in time we will see if they can carry it out...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Any chance of Victor and Flik appearing in this game? I don't think so, but I hope so!

Personable characters, large and varied towns
Many characters with a wide variety of experssions!
Famous voice actors en masse!

Explore the world map and dungons with a top-down camera view that maximizes playability. The number of towns and dungeons exceed all other installations in the series. There will be a number of hidden dungeions.
Also, growing headquarters will be back! It will grow as you progress the plot.

YES YES YES, part of what made Suikoden II such a great game was seeing your castle become bigger and bigger. I'm sold.

I think we may get to see one of them, given how big fan favourites they are. But both would be stretching it, I don't think they knew each other before S1.

And Falena is a pretty damn long way to go, all the way across those waters we loved to travel in S4. The game already has Georg, Lorelai, Viki and Jeane. Two others who were in Falena, Killey and Morgan, will probably show up (Killey was involved with the queen business after all, and Morgan was a gladiator and there's a gladiator arena in the trailer). Having many more returning characters just for the heck of it would be too much.

From the maps I've seen, Falena is in the far south, then Razril/Island Nations, Kooluk, Scarlet Moon/Toran, Highland/Dunan, and finally Grasslands and Harmonia to the northwest/east. Quite a long way to go, but we've seen people from Toran go all the way to Grasslands, so...

Shouta

Suikoden games have never had actual multiple endings. They're more like ending variations. Most RPGs do an ending variation rather than actual multiple endings.

Shouta

But what changes with everything else? Nothing at all. The end result remains the same. Sure the hero's ending is different but the overall ending remains the same thus a variation IMO.

Shouta

Yeah. Something like Tactics Ogre has true multiple endings where after beating the final boss, things occur differently depending on the choices you make within the story. Granstream Saga was another one that I recall having actual multiple endings but it's been ages since I played it. Radiata stories would be another example. Suikoden would be more akin to Star Ocean in endings imo.

Top Bottom