• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden creators announce RPG Eiyuden Chronicle

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
vbG5oxm.jpg

0Xwn6oB.jpg

Game will be financed via Kickstarter on July 27th.

Rabbit & Bear Studios, a Tokyo-based studio formed by key creators of the Suikoden series, has announced Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes, an ambitious new RPG planned for release in fall 2022. A Kickstarter campaign seeking $500,000 USD in funding for a PC release—with a single stretch goal to unlock PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and Switch versions (or next-gen Switch, if one is available)—will run from July 27 at 9:00 a.m. PT / 12:00 p.m. ETto August 28. A trailer will also debut when the campaign launches.

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is led by Suikoden I and II veteran scenario writer Yoshitaka Murayama, alongside series veterans Junko Kawano, Osamu Komuta, and Junichi Murakami. The project marks the first time these four creators have worked on a game together, as well as the first time Murayama and Kawano have collaborated in 25 years.
A lot of additional information in the article.

Early gameplay teaser from IGN Japan:

Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/07/sui...ed-heroes-for-ps5-xbox-series-x-switch-and-pc

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Been waiting for the KS to go up for a while. I am all about this - this is basically a game made just for me.

Metnut

Only other game I kickstarted was bloodstained and it scratched the exact itch I hoped it would.

I’m in on this too. Was hoping for a Suikoden 1-3 remake/remaster trilogy but this is pretty damn exciting in its own right and caught me off guard.

april6e

Eh...I hate everything about Kickstarter. But this may be the first time I support a game. I've wanted another "you have a million party members to choose from" sort of experience like Chrono Cross and Suikoden 2. It just sucks when you support a project on there knowing you aren't going to see it until 2023 (they state 2022 but these crowdfunded games always get delayed).

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Holy shit, a spiritual successor to Suikoden! I hope this gets funded, that gameplay slice looked fantastic. And all of the OG players returning as well. Bless.

Belmonte

Started the video and saw its time length: "0:21".

I thought "another worthless concept video without any gameplay like yesterday".

This is how you announce a game dammit!! Gorgeous art and animation! Sold!

idrago01

Banned
I'm definitely in and I'm very happy for the developers, I read in a translated interview thatr they've all remained close and still meet up despite being let go from konami, just make it a continuation of the story and change the names :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Fuz

Banned
Looks really great, toh*. A better Octopath.

* except for the main character's stupid ass weapons.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I absolutely love the character art. Both the in-game sprites and the portraits. Feels like they're from that magical time before JRPGs went full anime.

carlosrox

Banned
But will the music be this incredible? 11 year old me will never forget hearing these for the first time.

My nostalgia for this game is incredibly high. First PS1 game I owned along with RE1 and Wild Arms.

This game just looks and sounds like the walls in that room!!

You can't tell me they didn't MAKE this game in my gaming room as a kid. My association with it and that room is too high for you to tell me otherwise!!

Last edited:

idrago01

Banned
Eiyuden-Chronicle-Hundred-Heroes_2020_07-24-20_007.png

I'm still buying it of course but that kraken kind of looks like an inverted uterus or is that an eggplant? I also hope they bring the rune system and unite attacks back

Pallas

Definitely will help back this, Suikoden was by far my all time favorite JRPG growing up. It looks amazing and I’m excited about who is working on it.

Also, fuck you Konami. Really wish you’d sell the IP.

Top Bottom