• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League officially delayed to Spring 2023

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I still want to know how deadshot is black after he wasn’t in the Arkham games ?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Wasn't this already confirmed to not be crossgen? I feel like I've heard so many different things about this game because we've received so little information on it.
It was confirmed during one of the DC Fandome reveals. Suicide Squad is next gen only and Knights is crossgen. However, things may have changed, but that would be one hell of a change and would likely require a more significant delay than what's there now.

Edit:
I still want to know how deadshot is black after he wasn’t in the Arkham games ?
They actually address this in a fun way imo:

Last edited:

skneogaf

I absolutely love the batman arkham games but this should be scrapped, surely the percentage of people that want this over a new batman gais extremely low.

renzero

Neo Member
I don't think anyone really believed this game was coming out this year. Especially with the Knights game also scheduled for this year. Even if the game was done on time they probably would delay one of them.

zaanan

Banned
Relax people! Hasn’t even been six years since they released Batman VR. Halo Infinite took about this long and it turned out 100% fine!
/s

EDMIX

How is this studio still up and running? Who is paying them, their bills, their salaries? Arkham Knight, the last game, was released in 2015...7 years ago, and now they keep delaying this over and over and honestly not the kind of game that would sell big bucks. Eh, well good luck to them but I doubt this project is any good.

Its hard to say.

Before Spiderman knocked them off that list, they had the best selling Super Hero game of all time, they likely started working on something new after Arkham Knight and it got canned and then started this. They also likely wanted a longer window of development.

So I just don't know if this game will do big number or not, we could all be wrong and this game moves even bigger numbers then Batman or something. Crazy shit has happened and maybe they don't want to put out a flop or rushed product or something.

VN1X

Banned
nothing was lost.

It seems shit. Or maybe not shit, but just so unappealing and uninteresting (to me anyway, and I loved the Arkham games).

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Just cancel it.

Looked like shit anyway.

Nothing of value was lost.

We still don't even know how this game is really going to play, and we haven't seen any footage, so at this point nothing of value was lost, haha.
Imagine having shit takes like these on an enthusiast gaming forum for one of the most anticipated games from one of the more quality dev studios around.

The edge is adorable but fuck me the state of that first page lol.

*Trailer shows colourful and diverse visuals. Lots of variety in gameplay, especially some of the movement mechanics that for one character in particular looks like straight up Vanquish on steroids*

Neogaf: "looks like shit"

Surejan.gif

Last edited:

The Skull

Imagine having shit takes like these on an enthusiast gaming forum for one of the most anticipated games from one of the more quality dev studios around.

*Trailer shows colourful and diverse visuals. Lots of variety in gameplay, especially some of the movement mechanics that for one character in particular looks like straight up Vanquish on steroids*

Surejan.gif
I mean it does look shit? I could phrase it in vernacular that you prefer if you like?

It looks like a standard GAAS crap like the avengers game.

MiguelItUp

Surejan.gif
Relax, lmao. All I'm saying is that we haven't even SEEN what the game will look like. Will it be great? I'm sure it will be, it's Rocksteady. But until we know what it looks like in action, or what we're missing out on, it doesn't seem too concerning. Let it stay in the oven as long as needed. I mean, that's standard though, don't want a game releasing half baked. :p

I'm still shocked and dumbfounded that of all the WB properties to make a game out of, someone decided that gamers would want this POS IP. Nobody cares about the suicide squad. They didn't care about the comics or the movies, so why the hell do they think we'd want a game version?

TMNT was right fucking there. All they had to do was greenlight it and get Rocksteady putting those Arkham chops to work on that mofo. A fully open-world AAA TMNT game not only would have been fucking ace, but it would also have sold fucking gangbusters.

renzero

Neo Member
I'm still shocked and dumbfounded that of all the WB properties to make a game out of, someone decided that gamers would want this POS IP. Nobody cares about the suicide squad. They didn't care about the comics or the movies, so why the hell do they think we'd want a game version?

TMNT was right fucking there. All they had to do was greenlight it and get Rocksteady putting those Arkham chops to work on that mofo. A fully open-world AAA TMNT game not only would have been fucking ace, but it would also have sold fucking gangbusters.
100% agree with this. Still hope the game turns out well but damn what a missed opportunity with TMNT.

Hugare

WB is not a saint lmfao. Rocksteady is not giving WB any income, just bleeding money and talent.
Yeah, i'm sure that they are bleeding talent.

'Cause workers would rather move to another big studio with an insane, tight schedule where they'll have to crunch to death like 90% of developers out there

I'm sure that they are happy about having such a long time to create a game that will probably be amazing, considering Rocksteady pedigree

And about the bleeding money part: Rocksteady have proven themselfes with their games, so I'm pretty sure that WB is not worried about throwing them money

mckmas8808

Banned
How is this studio still up and running? Who is paying them, their bills, their salaries? Arkham Knight, the last game, was released in 2015...7 years ago, and now they keep delaying this over and over and honestly not the kind of game that would sell big bucks. Eh, well good luck to them but I doubt this project is any good.

I hope the game isn't stuck with older systems since it's been in development for so long.

Ristifer

TMNT would've been a grand idea, but I have a feeling Nickelodeon wouldn't ever greenlight something like that, which is unfortunate. Unless Rocksteady made something much lighter in tone.

Neilg

WB is not a saint lmfao. Rocksteady is not giving WB any income, just bleeding money and talent.
That why they cant pull the plug now. A cancelled game means writing off a 100% loss.

The arkham games made a boatload of money so there's some goodwill there that other studios might not get, but it's got to be getting pretty hot in that kitchen. I bet there have been some raised voices in meetings with WB execs when they've had to request another installment of funds to cover operating costs.

VN1X

Banned
Relax, lmao. All I'm saying is that we haven't even SEEN what the game will look like. Will it be great? I'm sure it will be, it's Rocksteady. But until we know what it looks like in action, or what we're missing out on, it doesn't seem too concerning. Let it stay in the oven as long as needed. I mean, that's standard though, don't want a game releasing half baked. :p
Did you miss the gameplay trailer?

MiguelItUp

Did you miss the gameplay trailer?
Hey, I appreciate that, because apparently I did, somehow, lmao.

Still looking forward to solid lengthy in-game gameplay though, not stuff that's placed through wild edits. Stoked about hearing more details too. Even if I was never a huge Suicide Squad fan, though I thought the latest film was pretty cool.

VN1X

Banned
Hey, I appreciate that, because apparently I did, somehow, lmao.

Still looking forward to solid lengthy in-game gameplay though, not stuff that's placed through wild edits. Stoked about hearing more details too. Even if I was never a huge Suicide Squad fan, though I thought the latest film was pretty cool.
Yeah you see, I have no love whatsoever for the Suicide Squad as a franchise. I mean for all I care they could be stick figures and I'd still be playing it.

People seem to be forgetting that this dev studio put out an amazing trilogy and, so far, all signs point to them blowing that out of the water at least in terms of gameplay possibilities. It basically looks like Agents of Mayhem done right lol and I'm all over that.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Yeah you see, I have no love whatsoever for the Suicide Squad as a franchise. I mean for all I care they could be stick figures and I'd still be playing it.

People seem to be forgetting that this dev studio put out an amazing trilogy and, so far, all signs point to them blowing that out of the water at least in terms of gameplay possibilities. It basically looks like Agents of Mayhem done right lol and I'm all over that.
Haha, I'm one of the few that's like, "don't really care about the source material, but Rocksteady..." lol. So I plan on checking it out regardless. Yeah, that's definitely the vibes I got from what was shown!

BreakOut

That sucks, it looks pretty good. But honestly that was expected. This is a generation of delays. And the generation of games that should have been delayed.

Top Bottom