• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Official Reveal Trailer -- "Alpha Target"

H . R . 2

PC/PS5/XsX

what if it turns out this wasn't CGI but all in engine?
they would have bragged about it at the beginning
but granted it's Rocksteady they might actually be able to achieve that level of visuals given that AK was also an impressive showcase of their version of Unreal3
still, the concept of a "shooter" really turns me off

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I don't know any of the popular ones really:
Superman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Shazam
Batman Beyond
Constantine
Hawkman/woman
Teen Titans
Justice League
Watchmen (don't even know if this count as being "DC).

I honestly find any of those more appealing and I also think most if not all of them could have been turned into something more interesting than a co-op multiplayer shooter.

Do people really like Suicide Squad? I guess Harley is pretty popular but the other ones? Shark man and Mr boomerang or whatever?

Man, I want a Constantine game!

Reactions: Fbh

Roufianos

As a lover of Asylum and City, pretty disappointed with both DC reveals. Gotham Knights definitely looks like the more appealing game though.

Guess we should have expected GaaS and co-op etc from Warner Bros, they're one of the greediest publishers out there. Doubt they'd greenlight a narrative driven, single player game in this day and age.

Last edited:
I'm really getting sick of this version of Harley Quinn. Terrible outfit, stupidly overpowered and kind of obnoxious without the tragic one way Joker romance, to make her sympathetic.

Also I guess Deadshot is just going to be black in everything now? Nice respecting of the source material instead of pandering to religious loons there then.

Overall, it was pretty 'meh'. I've never much cared for Suicide Squad, and this looks like a cheap knock of the already uninspired Avengets game, but with worse characters and a worse story idea.

Really, what I'm mostly getting from this, is disappointment that it's been so many years after Arkham Knight and this tripe CGI trailer is all they have to show for it.

Even with gameplay, I can't imagine ever playing this.

Shubh_C63

So this is Sunset Overdrive but even better.

I'm in. Just HOPE TO GOD the dialogues aren't cringey. Writing humor is very difficult.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
  • Extremely funny characters that will never shut up
  • Based dc quality writing
  • Slow combat because fast combat is for try hards
  • press x to win fuck yeah I loved that about Kingdom Hearts
  • Flat homely looking Harley Quinn ....fucking hot!

day one fuck the haters

It's going to be a looter shooter isn't it? 4 player coopo, third person, borderlands style. The heroes are the bosses. The description says it's a shooter so I'm pretty sure of this.

SSfox

I have to admit the "Coop shooter" thing is worring, but at the same time it's Rocksteady so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt

And yes of course i would like to see gameplay, but since it's 2022 i'm not this surprise they didn't show anything yet.

I like the dialgues and interactions between the characters, and i'm not a originally fan of any of the Suiside Squade characters outside of Harleen, but thing is it's all about Rocksteady magics they made characters i wasn't fan in in Batman Universe into interesting, so it's all about how the studio will make those characters be and act

Also i don't get why many think it's CGI, i mean just go back look at their 2015 with a way less powerful hardware and you got this still looking incredible game aka Batman AK

If they could made this with less than 2TF CGN, i don't see why they can't achieve this in a much much more powerful hardware

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Looks like it could be good, though going from the Arkham game's dark, serious atmosphere to this definitely hurts.

I think people are just upset we're not getting a straight up single player Arkham sequel using the same gameplay which is understandable. I'd really like to see the continuation of that too without it being a non-canon spin off or a whole different story set in a whole different place that won't in anyway touch of that with a whole different theme.
Also i don't get why many think it's CGI
a "Target" is pretty much always CGI. That's sort of what the term means, though it is aiming to look like the game.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I thought it was a boring cinematic teaser with poor designs for Deadshot and Harley Quinn. It's over a year off though so it's all moot anyway.

VN1X

Banned
In engine doesn't mean that the final game will have that level of detail
Well duh but that still means it's 'indicative' of what we can 'expect'.

I mean it looked fantastic but nothing that couldn't be done in 2022-levels of fantastic. I honestly think the game will look very close to what we saw in the trailer.

I don’t think that was CGI, could have been much better if it was

But the story concept looks really fun... even thought I’m bored of the evil supes plot line. This already looks very fun and interesting. Can’t wait to see more

VN1X

Banned
I don’t think that was CGI, could have been much better if it was

But the story concept looks really fun... even thought I’m bored of the evil supes plot line. This already looks very fun and interesting. Can’t wait to see more
Yeah I'm super fed up with all these superhero shenanigans but this along with Gotham Knights and even that new Batman film all left me very excited. I guess I'm less cynical and jaded than I thought. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Kev Kev

looks great, but they ddnt really show anything of what the gameplay is like?

still, i liked the direction and voice actors and everything. ill keep an eye out for more.

tkscz

There was no gameplay, so how are people here already forming an opinion on how it will play?

I don't even know o what to think. Rocksteady is doing it, so I"m sure it'll be fine, but with no gameplay, what am I supposed to take away from this?

After all these years they reveal their game with a CGI trailer... To me this is definitly not in engine.
I'm sure Rocksteady will make a great game but I'm not sold on it. Why do these adult superheros act like teenagers?? I don't get it...
At least Batman acted like an adult. Rocksteady must target the teenage audience with their game.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Gotta be honest...I can't say I hate it (sorry). Albeit it's CGI I like the character interactions. I kind of bounced off the Batman games around Origins tbh, but there's every possibility I could get back into this and the other game at some point. Interested to see some game-play down the road.

Hunnybun

Also i don't get why many think it's CGI, i mean just go back look at their 2015 with a way less powerful hardware and you got this still looking incredible game aka Batman AK

It definitely doesn't look good enough to be CGI imo, but it's hard to say if it's within the realms of possibility for next gen, given how little we've seen so far. But it's probably in the same ballpark as something like Horizon or Ratchet.

Then again, you'd think with something this good looking they'd emphasise it was real time or in engine or whatever, so it's definitely a bit odd.

If I had to guess I'd say it's real time, though.

SSfox

It definitely doesn't look good enough to be CGI imo, but it's hard to say if it's within the realms of possibility for next gen, given how little we've seen so far. But it's probably in the same ballpark as something like Horizon or Ratchet.

Then again, you'd think with something this good looking they'd emphasise it was real time or in engine or whatever, so it's definitely a bit odd.

If I had to guess I'd say it's real time, though.

I had this same though, when you look at the beginning in the zoom on Harleen fingers and the Pizza looked very real time, but who knows RS still didn't confirm anything. If it's CGI it's not even that good as CG as you said, while with Ghotam Knight i immediately suspected CGI and i was right.

In any case this is the kind of render i expect from from the game, i mean we're talking about RS one of the best game devs in the industry, all their past games looked incredible in their times (and still very great to this day), and actually graphics is actually my least concern about this game, hopefully they got everything right. Very excited finally some DC gaming stuff to forward.

The only " suicide" is the one my brain wants to commit after both reveals

Cheap money grabbers, and no one of them looked good to me, no Knights and no SS

Sigh

SweetShark

Plot Twist: White Martians.

main-qimg-3b8799a6aba082aad655e6f9f423dd4d.webp

SSfox

Honestly looking back at some Injustice 2 footages i don't see how people think it's impossible SQ is running in real time

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Bad character designs
And Harley looks like that took a picture Injustice 2 model and gave it it to amateur to replicate with a bad haircut 😕

Hunnybun

I had this same though, when you look at the beginning in the zoom on Harleen fingers and the Pizza looked very real time, but who knows RS still didn't confirm anything. If it's CGI it's not even that good as CG as you said, while with Ghotam Knight i immediately suspected CGI and i was right.

In any case this is the kind of render i expect from from the game, i mean we're talking about RS one of the best game devs in the industry, all their past games looked incredible in their times (and still very great to this day), and actually graphics is actually my least concern about this game, hopefully they got everything right. Very excited finally some DC gaming stuff to forward.

I suppose I'd sum it up as it looking much closer to what should be possible on next gen than what top quality CGI looks like.

Unless this is CGI designed to deliberately target what the game will eventually look like? Is that what the "alpha target" refers to?

McCheese

Looks great, but also looks like it's going to have a similar 4 player co-op open-world system as Gotham Knights. I hope WB had the two teams communicate, would be a shame if they both end up trying to do the same thing, in the same universe, around the same time.

Last edited:
On the fence with this one. I don't dig the property or characters they chose, but at the same time, it's from a really decent dev.

It's so far out, that so much can change based on the feedback and reactions they get. Also, what the hell is up with the female characters getting so blah. Bring the sexy back.

Fuz

Banned
Surprisingly a good and fun trailer.

Btw, am I the only one puzzled as why Harley is an unbeatable fighter/martial artist?

Underwhelming cast of characters. Out of all the suicide squad members cap. Boomerang and King shark where the stand out choices?

Also its a continuation of the arkham verse but somehow deadshot has changed race?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Good trailer. Whether its CG or in-engine is moot because it wasn't representative of gameplay either way.

Main thing is it sold the characters and the pitch really well, unlike the poor showing Arkham Knights had yesterday.

Sentenza

I'm not sure I can relate too much with the complaints about the main cast.
I'm almost under the impression this will turn out to be the least of this game's problems (at least for people who were fond of past Rocksteady's production).

I am finding this game a little troubling. Couple of reasons, Reason A: It's been 5 years since arkham knight came out and we still don't know how the game will actually look and play since all we got was a pre rendered trailer done by a third party studio. Reason B: Sefton Hill looks haggard, he looks like he hasn't eaten nor slept for the last 5 years. Like seriously look at previous interviews of him from 2015-2016 and look at him in the DC Fandome interview, he looks weak and too skinny :(. Did they go through several iterations of games that ended up getting canned before settling to Suicide Squad? This game is still long ways off from the final release and this 2022 could very well be a placeholder release year.

Hope Rocksteady have their shit together, because i am genuinely worried for them and the game they are working on.

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
Seriously the constant negativity of core gamers is annoying . Complaining about everything all the time -_-. Anyway...

The trailer was dope. Love how colourful the characters are. I wish the writing in the movie Suicide Squad was half as good as what we heard in that trailer. Love the fact you can choose your characters and switch as you wish. I can see myself playing that game for hours ( in solo or with my bros ).

We should get used to 2022. I think because of Covid, many games were postponed ( that we are not even aware of ). Maybe this was a 2021 game if Covid wasn't a thing. That's why I highly doubt a game as ambitious as Horizon 2 will make it in 2021.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm not sure I can relate too much with the complaints about the main cast.
Kind of feel the same way.... totally ok with Robbie inspired Harley Quinn.
The choice to make a game based on these four out of all DC seems really odd (boomerang man ffs...) but it's Rocksteady so I hope there are some really good gameplay reasons behind it.
Bot AI for single player could be make or break.

Top Bottom