• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad fan tries to sue WB for 'false advertising' over lack of Joker scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was advertising a movie that doesn't exist. Tricking people into seeing your bad movie shouldn't be celebrated.

Hey, I'M not..just answering why it'd be nuts to do otherwise. I was expecting Joker & Friends: The Movie. Fan4stic did the exact same, and we know how much Fox butchered THAT thing. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

1st off where the hell do you live where the closest theatre is 300 miles away? Sounds more like he wanted to go to London.

2nd I feel the guys pain. When I was a kid I loved Steven seagal movies (I know) I was all hyped for his next big action movie "executive decision" spoiler alert: he dies in the opening scene and Kurt Russell was really the star. In hindsight it was probably a better movie but man I felt ripped off.

There's a GAFer (I forget his handle) who has to basically sacrifice an entire day to watch a movie..like 6-8 HOURS on a bus. Shit is crazy..

Edit-

Shit..DP.

CHC

Suing is extreme but I do think it borders on deliberately misleading. The whole point of a trailer is to entice you with a little bit of a scene and make you wonder what the context of it is. If the teased scene isn't in the movie that is kind of bullshit.

The whole "drove 300 miles" story is just so pathetic though. Of course this came from some guy on Reddit, they love their tantrums.

I drove 100 miles to see Fan4stic.

mrX8zDF.gif

I'm fine with obfuscating the main villain
even though it's clear that she's the villain by the end of the first act. It's not like the Enchantress was plotting it from the shadows only to be revealed at the end of the movie.
But one of the trailers made it seem like he was the main villain that the Skwad was up again.

If the dude wants to sue, by all means. Go ahead. I won't stop him.

People drive farther than that to vacation here in Florida and then stand in lines for 3 hours so, I dunno. #damaged
Well the people visiting Universal Studios Orlando do have three different theatres they could visit right on/off of International Drive.

Toa TAK

Banned
I need to bump your thread..so good lol.
I don't know why I'm still allowed to make OTs.
Actually, I skipped the free showing to see it with an audience and a specific theater.

There were only like a dozen people or less in the cinema.

Yikes. I drove 20 miles for that movie.

And almost cried at the amount of gas I wasted in the trip.

I don't know what's worse, that, or paying $80 for BvS.

Someone send help. Financial help. In the form of a therapist.

Sanjuro

I don't know why I'm still allowed to make OTs.

Yikes. I drove 20 miles for that movie.

And almost cried at the amount of gas I wasted in the trip.

I don't know what's worse, that, or paying $80 for BvS.

Someone send help. Financial help. In the form of a therapist.

BvS was easly more offensive and painful to sit through than Fan4stic. I could at least spot interesting ideas and directions the film was looking to go in with during all the down time.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm guessing PayPal..😏
I don't have enough even if I WANTED to. D:
BvS was easly more offensive and painful to sit through than Fan4stic. I could at least spot interesting ideas and directions the film was looking to go in with during all the down time.

Yeah, I can agree with this. There were some bits of action and imagery I liked and the soundtrack was good, but other than that BvS killed me.

F4 was just more interesting to pick apart.

Both still blow, though.

Y'all are nuts. The opening 10 minutes of BvS alone is just magnitudes better than Fant4stic

I hate how squandered toby kebbell has been in a lot of films tho. He's great yet for the most part all we see him in is shit.

While both films are cynically dark cashgrabs that fail both to even have a basic understanding of what makes their source material work and to even be anything remotely entertaining even when divorced completely from the IPs they're meant to be representing, at least Fant4stic is only focusing on it's own internal canon and not trying and failing to set up like 8 other goddamned movies like BvS.

he should receive a refund after driving 300 miles to London to watch “specific scenes explicitly advertised in TV ads”

lol this idiot. a fool and his money.

feels more and more each day like we are in some post-capitalist hell, consumers no longer find fulfillment in purchasing products, they have to gratify their ego and psychic void with these pathetic and debasing displays of consumer vigilance.

Sanjuro

Y'all are nuts. The opening 10 minutes of BvS alone is just magnitudes better than Fant4stic

I hate how squandered toby kebbell has been in a lot of films tho. He's great yet for the most part all we see him in is shit.

I remember one thing that I liked about F4.

I can't say the same for BvS. Every interesting concept was out of sequence or drowned out by something loud. I think Wonder Woman was the closest, but it's largely because they didn't over complicate her existence.

Y'all who? BvS got problems, but I'm not sniffing glue. It shits from adequate sized hills on Fan4stic..a movie so bad, a second Human Torch left for proper Marvel lol.

BvS feels quite inspired at times. All I got out of fant4stic was a very dull attempt at trying to ground such a silly IP. And God damn it was butchered even worse than suicide squad by post production

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I must admit, it's always surprised me that studios don't include disclaimers for marketing materials, especially before there's a locked cut. Just a basic 'work in progress' thing. Considering how much everyone else covers their asses in ads.

Sanjuro

Y'all who? BvS got problems, but I'm not sniffing glue. It shits from adequate sized hills on Fan4stic..a movie so bad, a second Human Torch left for proper Marvel lol.

It's scaled a bit. BvS was the childhood dream match and featuring arguably the most recognizable theatrical super heroes.

Fantastic Four is just happy to he there.

I must admit, it's always surprised me that studios don't include disclaimers for marketing materials, especially before there's a locked cut. Just a basic 'work in progress' thing. Considering how much everyone else covers their asses in ads.

It might become a thing soon enough if we get more shit like this happening lol. I know some comic con trailers now say "this is work in progress" before the ad plays.

It's probably a good thing the Joker showed up so little in the final draft considering how cringe-inducing Jared Leto's performance was.

Obviously not the case here but deceptive trailers can be a good thing. They can be used to subvert expectations and provide surprises. In other words they can help sell a movie without spoiling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom