• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sucker Punch Productions Next Game

ParaSeoul

What do you think it will be? Rumors said a new Infamous but a follow up to Ghost of Tsushima seems more likely or maybe a new game entirely.

SpokkX

Whatever it is i hope they invest in some ragdoll physics

the canned animations they use when enemies fall/die/interact with environment, especially in a melee focused game like ghost, are frankly ps2 era tech

Imo their latest games have really suffered because of this

GymWolf

Whatever it is i hope they invest in some ragdoll physics

the canned animations they use when enemies fall/die/interact with environment, especially in a melee focused game like ghost, are frankly ps2 era tech

Imo their latest games have really suffered because of this
Are you me?!

Concern

Whatever it is, I'm not thinking about it. Infamous ss was in 2014 and GoT in 2020. We probably won't see anything till at least 2025.

I can't see them doing 2 new ips back to back, and Ghosts was hugely successful (I believe sales were above expectations).

Ghosts 2 makes the most sense, but they should take it to (a small region of) mainland Japan.

sircaw

Banned
One of the best studios out there no doubt, but also one of the slowest, it's going to be a long long time before we see something concrete.

GymWolf

I hope it's tsushima 2 but it's gonna be a new infamous
Well after putting the fucking B team on gow rognarock, i would not be surprised by yet another shitty strategy from jimbo.

Imagine making a sequel of a semi-dead ip like infamous when tsushima had that gigantic success, i go against my personal interest but that would be the mother of any dumb decision.

SkylineRKR

Its probably Tsushima 2.

I feel its a bit of a Killzone - Horizon situation. Tsushima outsells their previous IP by quite a margin. Also don't forget Sony has MCU for that superhero fix.

Last edited:
Probably a Ghosts sequel . I was thinking they did a good job with the combat, would a Blade game be a possibility longer term?

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Guys, I think we've got a Fight Club situation here.
1*6DUxpmeSRN7Xgn6jPGzXeA.png

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Whatever it is, I'm not thinking about it. Infamous ss was in 2014 and GoT in 2020. We probably won't see anything till at least 2025.
This is only because they canned a game in between Infamous Second Son and Ghost of Tsushima

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I'd be down with Ghost of Tsushima 2 or a new Infamous (As long as Delsin isn't the protagonist) unless he's matured

Keihart

i want a Ghost sequel only if they really go hard on the ninja part of it, the ninja elements felt really unfinished on Tsushima, mainly stealth felt like a joke.
I always have fun with Suckerpunch games tho, so whatever they do next i hope is something cool.

boomcrab

What do you think it will be? Rumors said a new Infamous but a follow up to Ghost of Tsushima seems more likely or maybe a new game entirely.
Oh man I love Infamous 1 and 2, but I think it needs more time before they reboot it, like uncharted does. Ghost 2 makes the most sense but I wonder if they stay with the japanese setting or make it like assassins creed and change it to a different era. Tsushima had pretty much all the japanese aesthetic we could ask for. They could switch it up and go the more fantasy route, I'd be down

Lognor

Banned
I don't buy the rumor of a new infamous. They made at least 3 of them and they all underperformed. I don't think anyone cares about a generic superhero. And spiderman is already a superhero game for ps so what's the point?

Kokoloko85

I hope for Ghost of Tsushima 2. Improve on the interactive world, NPC’s, Side missions and make the areas stand out more. It has amazing combat and I enjoyed the story and main character…. Nobu :(

Id rather a new Sly 5 instead of infamous.
Or a new IP over Infamous. I didnt play Infamous 2, 3 but the first was just about ok. The combat wasnt great. Story telling wasnt great either. World felt bland and not interaction. Enemies were boring. Ive heard 2 was better tbh

ParaSeoul

I thought the Marvel deals would have killed all chances but it actually makes sense,using Marvel to prop up your own superhero IP. Not a crossover but just those two games being Sony made might be enough to give Infamous a bit more attention.

Hope they have 2 teams. They are obviously working on GoT 2, that's pretty much a given but the other team could work on inFamous 4, Sly Reboot or a new IP. If Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Insomniac and presumably Guerrilla have 2 teams why Sucker Punch can't?
They delivered one of the biggest new hits of the past generation, I would assume Sony must have invested more in SP.

kyliethicc

Hope they have 2 teams. They are obviously working on GoT 2, that's pretty much a given but the other team could work on inFamous 4, Sly Reboot or a new IP. If Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Insomniac and presumably Guerrilla have 2 teams why Sucker Punch can't?
They delivered one of the biggest new hits of the past generation, I would assume Sony must have invested more in SP.

Insomniac are ~ 350 devs.
Guerrilla are ~ 350 devs.
Naughty Dog are ~ 300 devs.
Santa Monica are ~ 300 devs.

Sucker Punch are ~ 150-170 devs.

That's why Sucker Punch does not have 2 teams.

Last edited:

DarthPutin

IIRC they don't want two teams, it's not for every studio and not as simple as hiring a ton of people. And IMO if they did, it would make sense to put them on Legends.

Insomniac are ~ 350 devs.
Guerrilla are ~ 350 devs.
Naughty Dog are ~ 300 devs.
Santa Monica are ~ 300 devs.

Sucker Punch are ~ 150-170 devs.

That's why Sucker Punch does not have 2 teams.
Damn, for real?
Well, I just hope they don't take too long to release their next game.

EDMIX

Ghost of Tsushima 2 with Jin going to mainland would be amazing.

I also want one in the mainland, but without Jin.

Move on to a different time period like Edo, Manji etc

I'd also perfer it not to have a 2 unless it indeed is about Jin and the second invasion or something. (in that case I'm fine with him being in a sequel to close that out, alive or dead lol)

In that situation, save that other idea for the 3rd game or something lol (damn I really want that fucking Yakuza Kenzan and Ishin game lol)

Snowdonhoffen Snowdonhoffen I think they'll be fine as building a new IP takes longer, but the sequel will likely come out faster as they are building on a concept vs making a brand new one.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I can't get excited about GoT2. There is a lot I love about it, but a the end of the day, I found it to be formulaic and less than the sum of it's parts. It feels like it could be the next Assassin's Creed reinvention, which doesn't do it for me.

Infamous would be a cool return, but it feels like they have much more competition there now, with the Marvel license exploding.

Something new and fresh is exactly what I'd hope for them to do. Or Sly Cooper with deeper mechanics.

Top Bottom