• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streets of Rage DLC (Mr. X Nightmare) Releasing 15th July 2021 ($7.99)

Kazza

DLC description:

The fight continues in Wood Oak City.

After the events of Streets of Rage 4, our heroes wanted to prepare themselves for future threats. Axel, Blaze and their mates will start a very special deranged training with the help of Dr. Zan, who built an AI program from the remnants of Mister X’s brain that simulates every kind of danger they could be facing.

With this new DLC, get ready for:

• 3 new playable characters
• A new Survival mode with weekly challenges
• Character customization: build your own fighting style with new moves
• New weapons and enemies!

Edit - more info:

How does the Survival Mode work?

Well, each time you complete a level in the Survival Mode, you can choose between two random perks. These perks grant stackable bonuses to boost your fighter in a unique and powerful way (of course those expire once you are defeated).

Furthermore, as you bravely fight through the many assaults in the Survival mode, you will permanently unlock new moves to use in any mode in Streets of Rage 4. Once unlocked, this will allow you to customize the movelists of your favorite characters any way you want. In addition to the new moves, in this new mode, you can also unlock devastating new weapons to use in both training and survival mode, as well as new gallery content.

There is also a Survival Mode leaderboard that allows you to keep an eye on all the community's fights...
So who among you will be the best fighter in Wood Oak City?

Mr. X Nightmare DLC will include:

• Estel Aguirre, Max Thunder and Shiva
  • Survival mode
  • New moves and weapons
  • New tracks by Tee Lopes
DLC will come along with a free update including:
  • Difficulty level: Mania +
  • In-depth training mode with tutorial
  • New color palettes per character
  • Refinements and balancing changes addressing feedback from Streets of Rage 4’s passionate community

Last edited:

Kazza

While I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of a new mini-campaign/story mode, what's announced looks like fun, and the $7.99 price tag seems about right. I remember the Mega CD port of Final Fight had a similar kind of arena mode, as did Guardian Heroes (which got really hectic).

Hmm, I wonder if the new moves are for the campaign, or only for the survival mode?

Fake

Wish they rework how special moves are used. This Bloodborne way of regain the health you lose don't suit the game well. I prefer the SoR3 method.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
That price is crazy good for the content shown.

Day one on Switch. See you guys online for Mania+ Arcade runs.

Is the DLC literally on Gamepass too? That's sick. Guess I can play on both systems.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Mr. X Nightmare is out now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, GOG, and the Windows Store for $7.99. To celebrate the release we have punched the base price of the game down by 40 percent on Steam and roundhouse-kicked 10 percent off the DLC price for PlayStation fans, and 15 percent off Steam and the Microsoft store PC versions from July 15 - July 29.

The DLC sees new features added to Streets of Rage 4 which encompassess several different areas: Playable new fighters, Survival Mode, New moves, New badass weaponry, Leaderboards, New Tunes and a separate free update.

SSfox

This DLC is so neat man, it even exceed my excpectations, you can unlock moves for characters OMG endless ways to play the already dope ass characters.

And you can literraly give Axel now a Shoryuken!!!

Salz01

I feel stupid. I thought there was story dlc, and kept trying to figure out how to start it. Took me awhile, and only after looking through forums and rereading the ot‘s several times to figure out it’s just the survival mode.

Belmonte

Outstanding DLC! And I'm glad they did a good price for my region, Brazil, also.

I was curious how they would balance the action part with the status fest which are roguelite games. Most games in the genre give so much importance to the rogue elements that the action part starts to be irrelevant the more you advance in the levels. Here, being good and aware of the space is always relevant!

Like to play as Shiva and Estel a lot! They really add to the experience. Max is cool but usually I'm not big into grapplers.

Having played with this yesterday, it's pretty underwhelming. A survival mode, terrible alt colour palettes and three playable characters that are already in the game. This should be free in my opinion.

the only way to play this game is with the Retro filter turned on

otherwise it looks like a cheap Flash game from the early 2000s

Retro filter fixes that

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I didn't like the game at first, but I wanted to give it another chance after seeing the DLC was out (man, Shiva's design is AWESOME - the ret of the cast is good too, I'd really like a 1v1 fighting game with this cast).
Goddammit this game is good. Like, really good. Plays really smooth and has really cool game modes. Final boss is a huge letdown, though.
I still don't like the style of animation (the classic stretched/morphed reminishing of flash that we see way too often), though.

Last edited:

ShinobiWan1

Obligatory pic

V2BM2vC.png

Top Bottom