• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streets of Rage 4 Soundtrack Information Announced

Kazza

Click below to reveal the musicians involved:

Dotemu, Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games are thrilled to reveal that Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima, the original Streets of Rage series’ incomparable composers, will be joined by an all-star ensemble in contributing brand new tracks for the Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack.

Thanks to the help of Brave Wave Productions, a music label that brings the work of Japanese game musicians to global audiences, Streets of Rage 4 will feature original music from:
- Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I & II,...)
- Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns,...)
- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve,...)
- Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio & Future, Super Monkey Ball, Sega Rally 2,...) - Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl,...)

More information and surprises about the Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack will be revealed in the future. To keep your skull-cracking combo on the latest Streets of Rage 4 news going, head over to www.streets4rage.com, visit www.facebook.com/StreetsofRage4, and give the follow button a devastating high kick on Twitter D DotEmu , @Lizardcube and @Guard_Crush. Special thanks to Archipel, Brave Wave and all the artists.

Last edited:

Kazza

Whats up with text hiding mate?

I just thought that some people might like to watch the video first and be surprised. It does start with a picture of the back of one of the composers (although I guessed who it was right away) and introduces them one by one, so the video is shot to tease people. I'll probably remove the spoiler tag in half an hour or so.

Kazza

that really is an all-star lineup, better than anyone could wish for! I'll make a bold prediction here and say that it will be as decisive as the SoR3 soundtrack was. It was teased throughout the video that they aren't sure whether to go with something similar to the old style, or something completely new. With those composers, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever they come up with (I actually liked the SoR3 soundtrack)

dirthead

Banned
that really is an all-star lineup, better than anyone could wish for! I'll make a bold prediction here and say that it will be as decisive as the SoR3 soundtrack was. It was teased throughout the video that they aren't sure whether to go with something similar to the old style, or something completely new. With those composers, I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever they come up with (I actually liked the SoR3 soundtrack)

It's not a bold prediction. It's pretty obvious based on what you see in that video. Sounds like they're not just going to make a bunch of catchy tracks, which is what made SOR2's music so universally appealing.

I've always been a little on the fence about SOR2's music, really. Yes, many of the songs are catchy and awesome, but in terms of atmosphere, most of them don't actually fit the action of the game at all. There's something almost comical about listening to this upbeat bubble gum melodies while beating the shit out of thugs in the street. This is why I actually prefer the soundtracks to Double Dragon and Final Fight. They actually fit what's going on in the game way better.

wow solidly listening to this mix for about a week and now this announcement!!!

lol at how it went from wishing and hoping Yuzo Koshiro might have something at least to do with SoR4, to well over what anyone could've wanted with an all star cast :goog_horns:

Orta

Banned

Click below to reveal the musicians involved:

Dotemu, Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games are thrilled to reveal that Yūzō Koshiro and Motohiro Kawashima, the original Streets of Rage series’ incomparable composers, will be joined by an all-star ensemble in contributing brand new tracks for the Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack.

Thanks to the help of Brave Wave Productions, a music label that brings the work of Japanese game musicians to global audiences, Streets of Rage 4 will feature original music from:
- Yūzō Koshiro (Streets of Rage 1, 2 & 3, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Revenge Shinobi, Shenmue I & II,...)
- Motohiro Kawashima (Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Shinobi II, Batman Returns,...)
- Yoko Shimomura (Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, Kingdom Hearts I, II & III, Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve,...)
- Hideki Naganuma (Jet Set Radio & Future, Super Monkey Ball, Sega Rally 2,...) - Keiji Yamagishi (Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Bowl,...)

More information and surprises about the Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack will be revealed in the future. To keep your skull-cracking combo on the latest Streets of Rage 4 news going, head over to www.streets4rage.com, visit www.facebook.com/StreetsofRage4, and give the follow button a devastating high kick on Twitter D DotEmu , @Lizardcube and @Guard_Crush. Special thanks to Archipel, Brave Wave and all the artists.

giphy.gif

RAIDEN1

For an idea of what they should go for, they should check this out for inspiration! the team would do well to use this as a guide!!

Ellis

For an idea of what they should go for, they should check this out for inspiration! the team would do well to use this as a guide!!

Thankfully, they will use their own original stuff as inspiration.

I love SoR: Remake, but the remixed music is nowhere near close to being as good as the original tracks. I actually spent some free time a few years back replacing it all with the original Mega Drive tracks.

Kazza

The poor guy seems so nervous about what kind of music to write. I think he just doesn't want to let the fans down. He asked for suggestions, so feel free to tweet him. They have four super talented musicians on board, so I would just let them create whatever feels right, even if it ends up sounding very different from the first two games. The old games will still be there for people who love the old sound.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Streets of Rage's OSTs are pretty small. If he's worried about fans, he should do the following.

1) Get all the original music from the Genesis games in there as unlockables.
2) Rerecord all the original OSTs using the best modern sound equipment you have. All 3 OSTs. This way you have all the old music, and then all the old music remastered and rerecorded.
3) Then write the real OST doing exactly what he wants without concern for what anyone thinks.

Put all of this in the game, along with lots of unlockables that pay tribute to the series' history. No one will complain.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

Streets of Rage's OSTs are pretty small. If he's worried about fans, he should do the following.

1) Get all the original music from the Genesis games in there as unlockables.
2) Rerecord all the original OSTs using the best modern sound equipment you have. All 3 OSTs. This way you have all the old music, and then all the old music remastered and rerecorded.
3) Then write the real OST doing exactly what he wants without concern for what anyone thinks.

Put all of this in the game, along with lots of unlockables that pay tribute to the series' history. No one will complain.

0) Find a very generous patron to pay for all of this

BTW it reminds me a lot of what SEGA has done for Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast.
So that wouldn't be unprecedented.

cireza

The poor guy seems so nervous about what kind of music to write. I think he just doesn't want to let the fans down. He asked for suggestions, so feel free to tweet him. They have four super talented musicians on board, so I would just let them create whatever feels right, even if it ends up sounding very different from the first two games. The old games will still be there for people who love the old sound.

I don't use Twitter but I hope someone tells him to go and listen to some Savaged Regimes tunes on youtube. Great inspiration I believe.

Top Bottom