• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sTrEeTs Of RaGe 4 ~ rAgE iN tHe CaGe

Tesseract

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

img_20200419_160220bwtj0s.png

ezgif.com-resize_(3).gif

The all-time classic Streets of Rage, known as Bare Knuckle (ベア・ナックル Bea Nakkuru) in Japan, is a trilogy of beat ‘em up known for this timeless gameplay and electronic dance influenced music. Streets of Rage 4 builds upon the classic trilogy’s gameplay with new mechanics, beautiful hand drawn visuals and a God tier soundtrack.

And-they-reunite-again..png

An iconic series like Streets of Rage got its iconic characters: Axel, Blaze, Adam and other veterans reunited to clean up the streets. With some brand-new moves and kickass tracks to take a listen, our heroes are ready to dish out beatdowns to a fledgling group of ill-advised criminals in full force.

ezgif.com-resize_(4).gif

Hand-drawn-visuals-and-brand-new-tracks_612x40_(1).png

Streets of Rage 4 will be the first entry to the core series in 25 years, standing as Axel, Adam and Blaze’s glorious return to serving up side-scrolling beatdowns. With lush hand-drawn animations, new combat abilities, and fresh tracks from an amazing team of composers, Streets of Rage 4 will be a masterful tribute to and revitalization of the classic action fans adore

The series is known for its electronic dance influenced music around the world. The soundtrack of Streets of Rage 4 is handled by an all-star line-up of musicians like Yuzō Koshiro, Motohiro Kawashima, Yoko Shimomura, Harumi Fujita, Keiji Yamagishi and many more whom will create new amazing tracks for this new episode of the Streets of Rage series.

ezgif.com-resize_(1).gif

Features_612x40png_(1).png

● The comeback of the legendary Streets of Rage series.
● Beautiful graphics fully hand-drawn animated by the studio behind Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap.
● Clean up Wood Oak City by yourself or with another friend online!
● For the very first time, team up to 4 people offline to take the city back!
● Classic gameplay enhanced with brand-new mechanics.
● Soundtrack by a wide all-star line up of world-class musicians.
● Braised chicken everywhere.
● A dozen former Streets of Rage characters unlockable and playable in their original pixel versions.
● Play with the music of the previous Streets of Rage games.
● 12 unique stages.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 | AMD Phenom II X4 965
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 | AMD Radeon HD 6670
    • Storage: 8 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i5+
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 960 / Radeon HD 5750 or better
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
Streets of Rage 4[a] is an upcoming beat 'em up video game being developed by Dotemu, Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games. The game is a continuation of Sega's Streets of Rage series, which was a trilogy of games that released during the early 1990s for the Sega Genesis. The game is scheduled to be released for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on April 30, 2020.

Gameplay and premise[edit]
Carrying on the style of gameplay from previous entries in the Streets of Rage series, Streets of Rage 4 is a side-scrolling beat 'em up in which players fight against waves of enemies using an array of attacks and special moves. New to the gameplay formula is the ability to recover health spent using a special attack by performing successive follow-up attacks. Players are also able to juggle opponents against each other and walls for extended combos. Stars can be collected allowing players to perform powerful super moves.[1]

The game takes place 10 years after the events of Streets of Rage 3, featuring returning characters Axel Stone, Blaze Fielding, and Adam Hunter,[2][3] alongside two new characters, Adam’s daughter Cherry, and a muscular human with cybernetically enhanced arms name Floyd Iraia.[4][5] The game will also feature online multiplayer for two players and local multiplayer for up to four players, for the first time in the series, as well as a competitive Battle Mode.[5] Unlockable features include characters from past games, who are presented in 16-bit style, and retro music tracks from Streets of Rage and Streets of Rage 2.[6]

Development[edit]
Rumors of a fourth entry in the Streets of Rage series being in development have circulated since the mid-1990s.[7] Following the success of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, a 2017 remake of 1989's Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, publisher Dotemu and developer Lizardcube approached Sega about creating a sequel in the Streets of Rage series. Sega agreed and production on the game began at the beginning of 2018, with the game publicly announced that August. The game is being co-developed by Guard Crush Games, using a modified engine from their Streets of Fury game.

The soundtrack is being primarily composed by Olivier Deriviere, with additional compositions from Yuzo Koshiro, Motohiro Kawashima, Yoko Shimomura, Keiji Yamagishi, Harumi Fujita, Das Mörtal, and Groundislava.[8][9] The soundtrack is structured so that Deriviere wrote the primary themes, while each boss fight's theme was written by one of the guest composers.[10] Koshiro was not a part of the project from the start, but joined in June 2019 after playing a demo of the game at BitSummit, an indie game showcase in Japan. He cited fan requests and how the game was coming along as reasons for joining.[11] Hideki Naganuma was also originally set to contribute, but dropped out of the project due to scheduling conflicts.[9] He was later replaced by Fujita.[9] The game will also allow players to switch to the soundtracks from Streets of Rage and Streets of Rage 2.[12]

Release[edit]
The game is scheduled to be released for Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on April 30, 2020.[12] A limited physical release for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions by Limited Run Games will be available as both a standard edition with reversible box art and a classic edition with a steelbook case and a Genesis-style clam-shell case.[13]

ss_0cbc51b8ec12859e9f180217bee8b973f9b99924.jpg

ss_1f48943ea994936e2a75463b46ea635f72ba3a0a.jpg

ss_de2ffc96c3640f57e84094c6cb2df3d9db0e3bc1.jpg

ss_9b520e2d15aa78d3834e2bbbd25090b3f6ca1404.jpg

ss_4dcdd6d0cb38e3bcb747ac7cf69b6b608ae2d46a.jpg

ss_bf3310b1b77fe864b02142e8545c0b268db9d350.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_pe4rfpGMAj1xv8azro3_500.gifv

98dcef099058f91efd3a0802bd7f80db.jpg

tenor.gif

tumblr_pe6fsme5jj1w9q1uyo2_500.gifv

maxresdefault.jpg

Streets-of-Rage-4-Gif-1.gif

latest

jbXRkvb.jpg

latest

sor4adam.jpg

vY2bshquVvfmxDdJHUxvgJ.png

SoR4_02-24-20.jpg

StreetsOfRage4-wallpaper.jpg

AcclaimedOddImpala-size_restricted.gif

InfantileMaleCero-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

CostlyWillingArmedcrab-size_restricted.gif

1280x720.jpg

Last edited:

Kazza

PC peasant race checking in. Will this run on my crappy laptop (intel core i3, HD 620 intergrated graphics, 8GB RAM)?

These are the minimum/recommended specs:

97MepuL.png

I want to see if I can mix it with the mighty GeForce GTS 250! Do I have more terraflops?

Last edited:

Helios

dg88cly.png

I wasn't too keen on the Axel design rework but it grew on me. I know a lot of people aren't pleased with the artstyle but I think it looks very clean. I think a few of the animations could use a little bit more impact though.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
May I ask you why the tag and with write the tittle in such a manner? If anything sounds rather rude to the game for an OT.

Anyway the price the game here still worries me a bit.

Tesseract

Banned
Tesseract Tesseract
Use this link to replace the Cherry Hunter image from Destructoid under her trailer. The site randomly checks connections so it won't always display.

thanks, i'll fix redirects tonight

May I ask you why the tag and with write the tittle in such a manner? If anything sounds rather rude to the game for an OT.

it's just a little fun, relax

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I'm sure the game won't be offended.

Lol, if thats how you taken you should at least take the time to read and process what mean before typing.
When someone look at the thread tittle, sounds more like a mocking than an OT. Before I entered I wondered if it was really an OT or just a thread to mock the game.

it's just a little fun, relax

I am relaxed. Its just confusing for an OT. I mean, it has "Esports" as a tag. Makes me wonder if this OT is doing the game any favors or not.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Lol, if thats how you taken you should at least take the time to read and process what mean before typing.
When someone look at the thread tittle, sounds more like a mocking than an OT. Before I entered I wondered if it was really an OT or just a thread to mock the game.

does it look like i'm mocking?

with respect, use your brain

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

I am. Its just confusing for an OT. I mean, it has "Esports" tag. Makes me wonder if this OT is doing the game any favors or not.

Saber

Gold Member

Dude whats wrong with yah? I'm explaining, not exactly demanding to be changed or anything. I'm looking foward for this game as much as anybody, no need to start throwing mockery over the commentary I made about the tittle. You can carry on.

Tesseract

Banned
*spends 10 minutes of his day making a fun ot for a game he wants to play*

*gets raked over the coals, charges of bad faith*

*confronts charge*

'dude, what's wrong with you?'

tumblr_mzwqlhxW881rzzj2xo4_250.gifv

Saber

Gold Member
Bad faith?
Dude, you're making up this now.

Edit: Look, I'm not here to derail the thread or start anything. It was just a commentary. I'm not gonna bring this matter any further.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
You do you man - not upset or angry here but the way the title is setup is fairly commonly associated with sarcasm or the mocking spongebob meme.
Like so:
TuLMvTD.png

I'm still glad someone has made an OT :messenger_grinning:

mods halp can fix it if they want, i don't care

i kinda like the dementia factor tho

PATCH NOTES

injected TGO TGO 's banner, plushyp plushyp 's cherry redirect

let me know if you want anything fixed or added, i'm prolly gonna add more shit tonight to subsequent posts (or not)

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

mods halp can fix it if they want, i don't care

i kinda like the dementia factor tho

Like I said, you do you and thanks for the thread. I only posted about it because it looked like there was a bit of a misunderstanding between you & Saber :)

Fingers crossed for a good UK price - they only seem to have a price for USA AFAICT ($24.99).
The intro music to the first is forever burned into my brain, even if it was only the Master System port.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Fingers crossed for a good UK price - they only seem to have a price for USA AFAICT.
The intro music to the first is forever burned into my brain, even if it was only the Master System port.

Unfortunatelly prices aren't favoring my country at this time. This game is going to be a little salty for me.

Huh? The thread title to me looks like it was meant to represent out of control emotion... Like, I don't know, RAGE maybe? It's actually very apt and it did a good job of catching my eye. The last thing that came to my mind was rudeness.

Anyway, great job Tesseract Tesseract . The title is perfect. Don't change a gat dang thing.

I was a little cold on this at the reveal of the artstlye but it looks like a lot of love went into this and it's grown on me significantly. Reminds me of 80's cartoons and that's a really good thing. I'll def check this out if I get a chance. The only time I've ever played streets of Rage was in the arcades. Some great memories.

Tesseract

Banned
Huh? The thread title to me looks like it was meant to represent out of control emotion... Like, I don't know, RAGE maybe? It's actually very apt and it did a good job of catching my eye. The last thing that came to my mind was rudeness.

Anyway, great job Tesseract Tesseract . The title is perfect. Don't change a gat dang thing.

I was a little cold on this at the reveal of the artstlye but it looks like a lot of love went into this and it's grown on me significantly. Reminds me of 80's cartoons and that's a really good thing. I'll def check this out if I get a chance. The only time I've ever played streets of Rage was in the arcades. Some great memories.
tenor.gif

Soodanim

I couldn't really appreciate the OP on mobile as the gifs were messed up.

This is probably my favourite SOR gif of all time.
3877cb7100f7841661267cce54a648ca.gif

I might actually do some online that isn't Dark Souls co-op for this one. GAF of Rage? Streets of GAF?

Top Bottom