• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sTrEeTs Of RaGe 4 ~ rAgE iN tHe CaGe

Togh

Max Thunder and Shiva are my guesses as the 'new' characters in the forthcoming reveals.
Yes, Max is definitely behind the second silhouette, and on the third one, all I could identify was a big hair so I put my bets on Shiva too! I was hoping for some Roo action but oh well :messenger_grinning_sweat: I think it's not a coincidence that they are releasing three characters, because it opens a window for a potential second batch with another three (if this DLC sells well, that is) which will definitely include Roo, Skate and Dr. Zan

*is there a way to edit posts? I hate to post twice in a row and another day I wanted to correct my grammar and I was unable to

SALMORE

Awesome ! So they basically added EX Moves to the game 👍👍

i was hoping Zan would be in but maybe in the 2nd DLC

Last edited:
Helllllllllll yeah, I can't wait. Mainia +, new colors, character customization with new moves to equip, survival mode, 3 new characters, and a Mr. X expansion!?

Can't wait man. I cleared Mania Arcade after dozens of tries. I wont stop until I can beat Mania +.

It's going to take a lot to get me to switch off of Floyd, but I'll have to play Max for sure.

Max, Shiva and Estel make sense since so much of the expensive animation work is already done. Just silly to not use it for playable characters.

But ultimately I want entirely new people on the roster also. New designs, new animations, new story. Or they could include adult Skate in a wheelchair with rockets on it and I'm cool with that.

SSfox

OMG BLAZE AND AXEL WITH NEW MOVES OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Hhhhhhhh no Skate tho, but Max is coming back it seems, awesome. Maybe they're saving Skate for SOR5, also there are a lot of Hunters in the game so maybe that's why, tho i don't see why not more hunter, ever heard of mishima and Tekken bruh? Anyways lot of good stuffs overall, this game was made with a lot of passion and looking forward to see what the new content will bring.

Soodanim

I'm curious about the power up system they have in the DLC modes, it seems that the Guile Double Flash Kick for Blaze and the other enhanced special moves are all activated when the star power up is active.
When? WHEN? Damn you, you bastards!!!! I need this yesterday!
Someone asked them on Twitter and they said they don't have a date yet.
100% Max and Shiva. Their sprite work is done and like Estel they defect.
Not to mention the silhouettes at the end of the trailer fit perfectly with Max and Shiva, going past the logic. It's all but said out loud already.

SSfox

Thats disappointing. Kinda was hoping for an even Golden Axe revival with 4 players too.
I think they would do it if they can, but i guess there are some technical issues they encountred for now, this is also a small team with indie game budget, but maybe with the DLC and all they may do it a bit later, that would be awesome. Anyway with 2 players online and also solo i'm enjoyng the hell out of this game.

Concern

I think they would do it if they can, but i guess there are some technical issues they encountred for now, this is also a small team with indie game budget, but maybe with the DLC and all they may do it a bit later, that would be awesome. Anyway with 2 players online and also solo i'm enjoyng the hell out of this game.

Oh I played the hell out of it. I been waiting for a reason to jump back in.

Actually iirc, aren't they the guys doing the new ninja turtles game? That looks good too.

Actually iirc, aren't they the guys doing the new ninja turtles game? That looks good too.
People also need to remember Streets of Rage is from 3 different studios. That's why it's so good. Some of them have special expertise in beat-em-ups. Not all 3 of them are going to be on TMNT or future projects unless they specifically all work together again.

Dr. Suchong

Made my day :)
Platted it and now have a reason to dive back in besides a few remaining S Ranks on Mania.
Hope the new moves aren't too op. It's not exactly a really hard game, even on Mania imo.

Last edited:

SSfox

Man of taste

They are indeed doing the next TMNT, it looks awesome also, curious if they pull the 4 coop online on this one on launch, if i have to guess i would think it may be the case.

Concern

People also need to remember Streets of Rage is from 3 different studios. That's why it's so good. Some of them have special expertise in beat-em-ups. Not all 3 of them are going to be on TMNT or future projects unless they specifically all work together again.

I didn't know that, thanks. I hope nt turns out great and we get Golden Axe down the line. Honestly think I will be supporting everything these guys do after SoR4.

Togh

This DLC doesn't include any new maps/missions?
... What?!

Did you even watch the trailer? It showed a lot of new maps and missions. But if you didn't noticed then maybe it wouldn't make a difference since you don't remember the original levels :messenger_grinning_sweat:

it will also include new tracks, new moves, new weapons, new modes, new characters and so on

Kazza

I'm pretty sure the 2nd character is Max, but number 3? That definitely ain't my boy Skate!

tqqPcxn.png

Fake

Hope they add an option to put special like the 3. Not a huge fan of sacrifice HP while trying to recover. The bar to full safety on the first try is better IMO.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Man of taste

They are indeed doing the next TMNT, it looks awesome also, curious if they pull the 4 coop online on this one on launch, if i have to guess i would think it may be the case.
The publisher is working with another developer on the tmnt game iirc.

Saber

Gold Member
Was expecting Zam. Couldn't give a damn about the rest.

Happy to see gameplay tweaks. The impression I have is this game has way too much enemies with invulnerable frames and endure abilities.

Belmonte

So glad we will have Estel! She was my favorite new character from the game.

I wager the new mode will be a rogue lite. The setting, a virtual world, is perfect for a randomizer, it is a very popular genre these days and there are icons below the HP bars.

Gamezone

Gold Member
... What?!

Did you even watch the trailer? It showed a lot of new maps and missions. But if you didn't noticed then maybe it wouldn't make a difference since you don't remember the original levels :messenger_grinning_sweat:

it will also include new tracks, new moves, new weapons, new modes, new characters and so on

I played it from start to finish. Took me a few hours, and was very enjoyable, but I haven't played it since.

Mix bag. While you can do some nice combos even when the enemy is flying, the game blocks you from doing more combos by forcing the enemy to fall in the ground.
Which is perfect. Overly long and obnoxious combos are not fun. It's just the right amount of a beat em up. Get in some solid combos but the focus is on taking on enemies, not masturbating.

Saber

Gold Member
Which is perfect. Overly long and obnoxious combos are not fun. It's just the right amount of a beat em up. Get in some solid combos but the focus is on taking on enemies, not masturbating.

I disagree. I don't think players care for pity on enemies that are usually faster than you and have better tools to deal against the player(like ranged weapons, 2 or more enemies ganging up). If the player gets to do combos is out of pure practice and smart thinking. Giving pity for poor enemies its just a lazy excuse for balance. Lol even the well know throws are completelly nerfed against villains, so I dunno why so much pity for them. Thats why SoR will never be as good as Cadillac and Dinosaurs. Good beat ups rewards players for playing good, without rellying on giving enemies abusive advantages or necessity of co-op.

Fake

Yeah, I used to play SoR solo most of the time, but this looks very difficult alone while two player make the game very easy.

I do still think this game is great. Just need an option to revert the special move regain health. I don't see the reason to use offen. Prefer to stay alway because enemies can be very fast and Axel can't run.

Yeah, I used to play SoR solo most of the time, but this looks very difficult alone while two player make the game very easy.

I do still think this game is great. Just need an option to revert the special move regain health. I don't see the reason to use offen. Prefer to stay alway because enemies can be very fast and Axel can't run.
The special is handy as a dodge. The special while standing still makes you invincible. But you still have to be careful to not get hit after that and get your health back. I also use Axel's air special a lot for mobility since he can't run.

Fake

The special is handy as a dodge. The special while standing still makes you invincible. But you still have to be careful to not get hit after that and get your health back. I also use Axel's air special a lot for mobility since he can't run.

Yeah, but I still miss the run/doge. Adam in the other hand can do quick runs. Later enemies became quite annoying to Axel because they have double the movement speed as Axel looks like a nail.

Belmonte

I like both styles: combo intensive and few combos.

Combos are exciting and if the game is built for it, it takes skill. But it reduces the necessity of space awareness and enemy control. One time I read an article in which a game designer compared combos to a guitar solo: it is a dexterity challenge, need to press in the right timing. But it you against you. The enemy is locked and can't do anything. It is more intense in a way but more relaxed in another since he can't act against you. It is a respite.

To me it is just a style. I love how you need to be in your toes almost every time in Ninja Gaiden and like to see how crazy I can go with my combos in DMC.

Saber

Gold Member

Fake and me play coop and thats why we had take these observations.

I love played with Adam. Finally after all these years the man could be back from whatever Sega smoked before to not let him.

But by play with him, I notice my brother has a lot of problems with evasive action. He plays with Axel and its a chore to dodge this new character horde of missiles for instance, while its not a problem for me. I can't even imagine how is to play alone with the disciple of Zam. This ilustres one of main problems with this game. Enemies could simply run in circles towards certain characters because of how much slow they are. But enemies? Lol, the fatso is supposed to be slow but have mid-range attack. But now he simply rows everywhere, have endure and mitigate what is supposed to be his weakness.

Its a great game noneless...just has s lot of weird design choices.

Top Bottom